This is a problem.

Adwel

if this is about HOD who the raptor gives a poop anymore its over the rules where broken then they 'reviewed' his case and revoked it .. if not meh. EDIT it is to do with HOD and meshing

End of the day EVERY player is WC 'most loyal' customer WE all bought it .. hell some YT'r get the game FREE to review etc but rules are rules simple as.

OK LOL instead of fixing they ban .. WRONG, BAD news is fake news they (WC) have been actively trying to fix meshing forever BUT holes and glitches happen they are having real trouble doing the fix since new ways and methods and holes are found and hence exploited its in almost every patch not from launch to present day.. this video is just slander at its finest ......

1 minute ago, Adwel said:

The title already "says" what i wanted to point out.

Knowledge is important.

what knowledge are you trying to give out? and to which party? if its directed at WC then email it DIRECTLY to them / PM one of the mods etc not post it for all to see .. unless u are just trying to add fire to a smoldering pile / beat a dead horse

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Yea, the selective nature of these videos and the whole defending the youtuber over their actions is getting pretty tiresome really...

He should've stayed banned, and the whole 'he's a big youtuber' should've been dismissed... He was building under the mesh himself... And now that he's unbanned, the first thing he did was put up a video saying he wasn't going to play anymore until the issue was fixed...

They've tried to fix it, and it's difficult when people don't actually say where things are happening, just that 'OMG I GOT MESSSSSSSHHHHHEEEDDDDD!!!! DO SUMFING WC!!!! YOU SUCK!@!!!!" rather than actually submitting detailed and informative reports.

Again, should've just kept him banned as he breached the CoC anyway, and now they just end up with this sort of 'validation'...

15 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

what knowledge are you trying to give out? and to which party? if its directed at WC then email it DIRECTLY to them / PM one of the mods etc not post it for all to see .. unless u are just trying to add fire to a smoldering pile / beat a dead horse

This post should not be difficult to understand, but here you go.

The "problem" is 2 fold.

1)  Meshing ruins this game and Wildcard has yet, still to this day, not fixed it.

2)  Their attempts to address it by silencing players pointing out their problem is wrong.  They realized that and rightfully back pedaled in this specific case, thankfully.

Silencing or not highlighting news videos, like this one, only continues to create an environment that promotes no action from the only ones who can solve it and should.  That party is Wildcard.

I hope this explains things clearer for you.

5 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Yea, the selective nature of these videos and the whole defending the youtuber over their actions is getting pretty tiresome really...

He should've stayed banned, and the whole 'he's a big youtuber' should've been dismissed... He was building under the mesh himself... And now that he's unbanned, the first thing he did was put up a video saying he wasn't going to play anymore until the issue was fixed...

They've tried to fix it, and it's difficult when people don't actually say where things are happening, just that 'OMG I GOT MESSSSSSSHHHHHEEEDDDDD!!!! DO SUMFING WC!!!! YOU SUCK!@!!!!" rather than actually submitting detailed and informative reports.

Again, should've just kept him banned as he breached the CoC anyway, and now they just end up with this sort of 'validation'...

The devs have been properly notified in exhausting detail of this problem ages ago.

Its not the fault of poor communication from players.

Defending WC blindly literally only hurts the game and the player experience.

You are the player.

2 minutes ago, Adwel said:

The "problem" is 2 fold.

The problem is 1 fold : HOD fanbois constantly posting gut rot on these forums.

If anyone was interested in your biased s**t they'd look it up themselves. I always knew about meshing. All this has achieved is to make me hate this HOD lot and their brainless minions. 

1 minute ago, Bruvas78 said:

The problem is 1 fold : HOD fanbois constantly posting gut rot on these forums.

If anyone was interested in your biased s**t they'd look it up themselves. I always knew about meshing. All this has achieved is to make me hate this HOD lot and their brainless minions. 

Please tell me what HOD is.

I didnt even know I was a member of said group nor what it is.  Please update me on my registry ?

If you think us being silent about this problem will magically put a flame under them to promote change, you are historically and fundamentally incorrect good sir.

2 minutes ago, Adwel said:

Please tell me what HOD is.

I didnt even know I was a member of said group nor what it is.  Please update me on my registry ?

If you think us being silent about this problem will magically put a flame under them to promote change, you are historically and fundamentally incorrect good sir.

Never said you were in HOD son. 

I called you a HOD fanboi.

2 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

Never said you were in HOD son. 

I called you a HOD fanboi.

You didnt answer the question, so i googled and found only this definition:

"a builder's V-shaped open trough on a pole, used for carrying bricks and other building materials."

I not a fan nor have any proclivity towards this. 

Are you able to explain more perhaps?

Guest BubbaCrawfish
14 minutes ago, Adwel said:

The devs have been properly notified in exhausting detail of this problem ages ago.

Its not the fault of poor communication from players.

Defending WC blindly literally only hurts the game and the player experience.

You are the player.

Have you submitted any of the reports yourself? You are the tester.

Just because I look at this from a more based position, doesn't mean I'm defending WC blindly... It's just because I don't agree with HOW it was done, as it's threat-driven development, which is just plain stupid.

We'll end up with people coming in throwing out 'If you don't fix it, I'll release it' and as I mentioned, what if they CAN'T fix it..... This, is the problem...

we the playerbase know about meshing .. the newer playerbase might not but its ALWAYS on the forums / steam discussions / reddit etc they should know too BUT some people dont thats fine BUT WC KNOW too AND have been trying to fix it for years .. so its nothing new for anyone thats been playing the game for a while especially PvP, where it is the main problem, so advertising this type of youtube crap and then the video having BAD and quite wrong info included is misleading to the playerbase too, WC have enough on their plate of generic ARK problems already having this rammed to the surface will not do anything good or force them to act faster 

tl:dr its old news, plus the video is misleading and full of bias crap

1 minute ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Have you submitted any of the reports yourself? You are the tester.

Just because I look at this from a more based position, doesn't mean I'm defending WC blindly... It's just because I don't agree with HOW it was done, as it's threat-driven development, which is just plain stupid.

We'll end up with people coming in throwing out 'If you don't fix it, I'll release it' and as I mentioned, what if they CAN'T fix it..... This, is the problem...

I understand what youre trying to say.

To answer the question of if I have personally reported it.  The answer is no.

It is already public knowledge that the devs themselves have admitted its a problem they are aware of.  So me or anyone else taking the time to generate duplicate tickets that then in turn someone will have to paste a brush off reply, is pointless.  If you think that sort of thing fixes things, start back at the chronology of this problem and the still not executed solution for your ah hah I see moment.

Your self described "base position" to be frank, just sounds like a mix of 2 things.

1)  An inclination to defend what you like and enjoy.  I can understand this and also like and enjoy this game.

2)  You mistakenly believe that sharing news videos like this that further and publicly reveal a widespread problem that still needs to be fixed is bad.

Doing nothing but burying our heads in the sand will keep things the way they are. 

The problem is not fixed.

Making these problems more in the public eye and the players expressing their dissatisfaction with them not being addressed historically generates more effort to make their customers satisfied fixing it.

The problem needs to be fixed.

This is as simple as it can be explained.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
5 minutes ago, Adwel said:

The answer is no.

Then there you go.

As for my stance, it's because I have been a developer in the past, and know how this sort of 'action' can actually cause more trouble than what it solved.

In this instance we have a person putting out exploits, people defending them not realizing the ramifications of such defence, and dismissing the point that not everyone knows about them, and that they leave them at risk.

It's like people just see these videos as a means to an end, without considering the process... Just very naive.

Then, here we have you putting out videos which are likely posted 4 times prior, where the mods have been merging threads to stop this sort of thing... You could easily have found that thread, but no... Gotta post a new one...

7 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Then there you go.

As for my stance, it's because I have been a developer in the past, and know how this sort of 'action' can actually cause more trouble than what it solved.

In this instance we have a person putting out exploits, people defending them not realizing the ramifications of such defence, and dismissing the point that not everyone knows about them, and that they leave them at risk.

It's like people just see these videos as a means to an end, without considering the process... Just very naive.

Then, here we have you putting out videos which are likely posted 4 times prior, where the mods have been merging threads to stop this sort of thing... You could easily have found that thread, but no... Gotta post a new one...

Did you stop reading my reply after the quote you included here?

If you read the rest and still believe we should all submit customer service tickets for an already acknowledged problem, I disagree and would then believe you cant be helped here regardless of careful syntax use.

If you didnt read the rest, which the rest of your reply also implies, you may want to consider it.

I cant break it down any simpler.  

If you read it and still find me to be in errror.  Please, for your own sake, make a mental note of the dynamics of this dialog and it will later be more meaningful down the road in lifes similar situations.  Sincerely.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Do you not think that the ticket system is spammed at the best of times?

The old 'This guy got me, and I don't understand why, so they HAVE to be hacking as I'm not that bad at this game" situation...

Also....

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000784588-How-to-Submit-a-Ticket

Doesn't say anything about reporting bugs.... so tickets aren't the way to actually do this...

If anything, you report it via the forums, saying that there is an issue, explaining the relative problem, withholding any video that could educate people about the issue as it's compromising.

The way that google returns the ticker system for the search of 'reporting ARK bugs' is likely a false positive result in the search, as not every first result on google, is accurate.

And just because I quoted one key sentence, doesn't mean I didn't read or take into account your response.

8 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Do you not think that the ticket system is spammed at the best of times?

The old 'This guy got me, and I don't understand why, so they HAVE to be hacking as I'm not that bad at this game" situation...

Also....

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000784588-How-to-Submit-a-Ticket

Doesn't say anything about reporting bugs.... so tickets aren't the way to actually do this...

Almost everything you said here I couldn't understand without asking more questions.

So lets just try this one:

What "reports" should we, the paying players of the game, "submit" to solve this already acknowledged problem?

I saw your edit adding more to your original reply i quoted.

So you now agree with me using the forums to put attention on this problem...but you take issue with the fact that I shared a link to a video from a gaming news source discussing the poor handling Wildcard did addressing a different video?

Ok.  I understand what youre saying, but I disagree with you.

I cant constructively help more with you specifically, but im glad you kinda see the value in my actions(?).

Have a good one and lets hope Wildcard fixes the game we all purchased, played and are trying to enjoy.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

You post it in the bug reports section on the forum... You post detailed and informative reports, and replies, rather than just 'It's broken FIX IT NAO!'...

You cite instances, you post scenarios... You make an effort, more than just ASSUMING that they know because it got reported prior.

I just had a situation where I was berated by a PLAYER about this stance in a bug report about a game with doors not opening. Doors were actually opening, it was the client that wasn't picking up that they were open.

So these guys all report these doors not working, so the devs fixed 'those' doors, they then found out after the release that what they fixed, wasn't the entire issue because no-one would reply to the same thread, they'd all make their own, making it harder for the devs to see that the issue wasn't just with specific doors, it was with ALL doors.

After the devs figured out that those doors were across the board bugged they fixed it, but thing is, it would've gone better if people followed the correct avenues rather than trying to keep posting thread after thread, of specific doors, rather than pointing out in a thread that's already established, that something was an issue over them all.

Same goes with the demanding of urgent fixes... Whilst you think this may fix it, often it doesn't.

Another point is that people throw these bug reports out, then don't respond to them when asked for more info, or they let them go stale.

Fact is that when you say that my whole point is 'invalid' because you refuse to see anything related to process and reason, it gets beyond debating. Obviously you don't get development, and it's a high chance that most of his viewers, aka the weaponized mass, don't either.

Threat based development isn't a good thing, no matter how much you think and paint it out to be... You don't know how much it would take to fix what you say is broken.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
4 minutes ago, Adwel said:

So you now agree with me using the forums to put attention on this problem...but you take issue with the fact that I shared a link to a video from a gaming news source discussing the poor handling Wildcard did addressing a different video?

Ok.  I understand what youre saying, but I disagree with you.

I cant constructively help more with you specifically, but im glad you kinda see the value in my actions(?).

Have a good one and lets hope Wildcard fixes the game we all purchased, played and are trying to enjoy.

1) If you don't understand that I highly detest what you are doing, then you mustn't be a good reader...

2) Being that you don't understand this, I don't think you can disagree and write it off as nothing.

3) There is no value in your actions, as they are adding to the threat based development, and trying to validate it, which is wrong on many fronts.

4) Pedantic-ism is annoying and it makes you seem like a troll... Which looking over all of this, it seems you're simply trying to get attention and dragging this out beyond what needs to be, so I'll leave it here.

The seeming 'vindication' of HOD, is misplaced, as it's just plain reckless, and he was exploiting the mesh prior to those videos, by his own admission, and should thus be banned still.

Archived