pvp Tips for solo PvP?

DrChicken24

So I have trust issues with random people joining my tribe. I’ve been insided too many times, and if I do recruit someone it is because I either know them IRL or have been playing with them on Xbox for a while and know they are trustworthy. 

So in the meantime, I am a solo on a PvP server against other tribes with tons of members and could wipe me easily.

So, tips for soloing PvP? I am on a boosted server and I have turrets and metal base and everything.

Thanks ?

1. Build a raft base as a backup and hide it someplace, just in case you are ever wiped you have a fallback and wont need to start from ground zero. Doesn't need to be anything fancy and don't keep anything valuable on it. But having a few forges, a smithy and bed makes the rebuild so much nicer. 

2. keep your turrets high and your plant x low except for a couple to slow down any flyers that get too close. The turrets should be high because they can shoot the riders easier. 

3. Make friends, they don't need to be allies or tribe members, but the more friends you have the safer you are. 

4. Don't underestimate traps. Just don't forget where you placed them either XD.

5. A small list of what I consider to be the essential dinos for solo. Some have better alternatives but I favor these for their smaller size and because they are easy to get.

Frog-Chitin/Ocean Diver

Beaver-Wood/Berry Gatherer

Argy-Transport/Gatherer/Hunter

Anky-Metal/Berry Gatherer

Optional: Baryonyx-Reliable Land/Water mount. Not as squishy as the frog and handles better than the sarco/kapro.

8 hours ago, Logan96 said:

1. Build a raft base as a backup and hide it someplace, just in case you are ever wiped you have a fallback and wont need to start from ground zero. Doesn't need to be anything fancy and don't keep anything valuable on it. But having a few forges, a smithy and bed makes the rebuild so much nicer. 

2. keep your turrets high and your plant x low except for a couple to slow down any flyers that get too close. The turrets should be high because they can shoot the riders easier. 

3. Make friends, they don't need to be allies or tribe members, but the more friends you have the safer you are. 

4. Don't underestimate traps. Just don't forget where you placed them either XD.

5. A small list of what I consider to be the essential dinos for solo. Some have better alternatives but I favor these for their smaller size and because they are easy to get.

Frog-Chitin/Ocean Diver

Optional: Baryonyx-Reliable Land/Water mount. Not as squishy as the frog and handles better than the sarco/kapro.

Thank you for writing this. I will keep these in mind! :)

10 hours ago, Logan96 said:

Frog-Chitin/Ocean Diver

No doedicurus? Stone is pretty important and will save you a crap ton of grinding when you are making gates. Unless you just want to skip straight up to metal stuff. 

I personally keep my turreted buildings in stone because if someone’s able to blow up your stone structures, the metal won’t matter. I bring 100 c4 on every raid and i need to blow up 1 wall lol

The real key is heavy turrets inside your base with generator covered by 3 layers of metal walls. I am solo on one server and have a 50 width, 5 vertical base. People blow into my base every day but the 20 heavies kill them every single time :D 

I built with the bases back to a cliffside, so they’re forced to come in through the sides or front, all of which result in death. The 50 ordinary turrets and 30 plant x make it impossible to come from the top. All of my important things, cryos and vaults are along said wall.

Lastly, if you’re being raided by a giga..then you did something very wrong to cross an alpha tribe. Then again, you are on unofficial.

7 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

No doedicurus? Stone is pretty important and will save you a crap ton of grinding when you are making gates. Unless you just want to skip straight up to metal stuff. 

Haha yea, guess I forgot that one. Even If I still skipped to metal that doed would still be such a time saver for that sparkpowder lol.

Archived