Is losing dinos teleporting to and from boss arena a thing?

graystorm01

HI All

Just wondering if disappearing dinos is a thing, or perhaps i'm missing something.

Playing on SP.  Did my first boss fight yesterday, took on the Alpha Broodmother.  I went in with 18 rexs and a yuty. According to the log file, the broodmother killed 7 of them, when i was teleported back to the obi, i only had 9 rexs and a yuty.  So unless i'm missing something,  i miscounted horribly, or maybe the log file isn't correct,  I lost 2 rexes somewhere.

If your dinos are spread out after the fight, do they all still get teleported back, or do you need to keep them all in a tight, crowded formation?

Anyone have any experience like this?

thanks for the respones

T urns out, 1 of my dinos WAS down in the water,  (thanks @yekrucifixion187 )   and i don't think she even went to any of the boss fights, since she had no levels, no xp gain, and nothing in her inventory. She basically quietly said, I'm going to go stand over here while you go fight the big ugly spider. LOL. So technically only lost  1 dino, but i still need to search around in the water to see if there are any inventory caches  at least now, i got back 15 of my 18 rex saddles. As it was a real pain just trying to find 1 rex saddle BP.

13 minutes ago, graystorm01 said:

thanks for the respones

T urns out, 1 of my dinos WAS down in the water,  (thanks @yekrucifixion187 )   and i don't think she even went to any of the boss fights, since she had no levels, no xp gain, and nothing in her inventory. She basically quietly said, I'm going to go stand over here while you go fight the big ugly spider. LOL. So technically only lost  1 dino, but i still need to search around in the water to see if there are any inventory caches  at least now, i got back 15 of my 18 rex saddles. As it was a real pain just trying to find 1 rex saddle BP.

Congrats you have an emo rex.

Btw next time go @ and start typing the player name, you can select from a list to tag the player @graystorm01

• 6 months later...

we've had peoples dino's left behind in the boss arena's before on the island while the players been teleported out, but that hasn't happened in a few months now that i know of *knock on wood.  also had a few cases where dino's weren't teleported in with the player and vise versa, the player wasn't teleported in with their dino even though the player was the proper level for the boss fight.  luckly that has happened with mutliple players going in and another tribe member was able to control their dino in the arena for them, but still a loss for them as they didn't get to join in for the tek engrams which was the point of doing them in the first place.

Archived