I got lost on Vanilla Server. And it was amazing.

Mimic57

I just started playing maybe two weeks ago.  And I just wanted to share this experiece lol.  I haven’t been into a game like this in a long time and I wanted to start on a Vanilla with my gf, but I couldn’t find one anywhere.  20x 1000x.  It was all just too much for a vanilla rust guy trying ark out.  

So so I started my own vanilla on ps4 and played with my girlfriend.  No map location, no death bag indicator, 1x ect.  The item I was most stoked about unlocking?  The compass haha.

So I finally get a bird.  And I start flying.  It rains shortly after I left and when it stopped?....  ummmmmm...  my girl is at my base trying to find me but I’m long gone.  An hour or so later I landed next to a raptor to rest.  RIP 3.5 hr tame.  RIP sword that I spent my very last metal on.  (Before I knew where metal was)

Now....  In WHAT other game is this possible?  I feel like I stare at a mini map 90% of the time in other games.. I’m in love.  Whichever dev who had the original idea for it to be like this.  Thank you.  And I love you.  I’m hooked

7 hours ago, Mimic57 said:

I just started playing maybe two weeks ago.  And I just wanted to share this experiece lol.  I haven’t been into a game like this in a long time and I wanted to start on a Vanilla with my gf, but I couldn’t find one anywhere.  20x 1000x.  It was all just too much for a vanilla rust guy trying ark out.  

So so I started my own vanilla on ps4 and played with my girlfriend.  No map location, no death bag indicator, 1x ect.  The item I was most stoked about unlocking?  The compass haha.

So I finally get a bird.  And I start flying.  It rains shortly after I left and when it stopped?....  ummmmmm...  my girl is at my base trying to find me but I’m long gone.  An hour or so later I landed next to a raptor to rest.  RIP 3.5 hr tame.  RIP sword that I spent my very last metal on.  (Before I knew where metal was)

Now....  In WHAT other game is this possible?  I feel like I stare at a mini map 90% of the time in other games.. I’m in love.  Whichever dev who had the original idea for it to be like this.  Thank you.  And I love you.  I’m hooked

This is what it's about man!! I never know why new players on the server are so keen to receive free ankys/doeds/argies/etc when they log on. Where's the love and respect for your dino if you've not put the time in to get it?? I've restarted on official servers twice and I loved that initial start when Raptors and carnos are absolutely terrifying. 

The point thing that worries me now are gigas and dc'ing over the water! 

On 3/31/2019 at 5:37 PM, Majic said:

I have my server set up so that whenever a raptor jumps me, it hands me a participation trophy.

?????

I played Everquest 1 a little too much back in the day.  And it didn’t show you on the map either.  No other game as done that from what I’ve seen.  It makes you look at the scenery more and pay attention!

When I woke up on the beach and it didn’t show me on the map I LOST it lol.  I never thought a game would do it again on purpose!?  I thought it was kind of a lack if tech back then.  Oh man I’m in trouble with this game ?.  Usually the girlfriend I’m with gets me off of games.  This one got a PS4 to play with me.  Bye bye outside ??

The whole starting a fresh feel is really a nice position to be in where everything is wholly exciting. I liked extinction with no transfers and having to start from scratch.

That is the only reason I will play new ARK maps, just for the fresh feel of building a base from scratch and taming my first utility dinos :)

Its nice not being able to use the mini map for relying on, but once in a while I get annoyed when trying to find my tribemates who need a little help :)

Archived