Cant live long enough in SP to use obelisk.

SLI_Fallen

Beyond frustrated.

Simply trying to live long enough on the surface to get to an obelisk to transfer off this rock. (no TEK). I don't know how they expect people in single player to actually USE an obelisk much less live long enough (literally seconds) to even upload your character. Nevermind any stuff. Not a chance. Forget it. Just way too many reapers, especially near the Obelisk. You should not have to be "end game" level with TEK, Drakes, blah blah blah, just to use a dang obelisk. NONE of the other maps have this issue.  ( Note I will not wont use cheat codes)  Grrr. 

14 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

why use obelisk if you can use the loot crates, is that not possible on single player?  

Its not possible in Single Player. You can only either transfer off through Tek Transmitter or Obelisk/Terminal.

And to add on, no, you can't transfer item from loot crate or start boss fights in Single Player.

On March 31, 2019 at 7:50 AM, SLI_Fallen said:

Beyond frustrated.

Simply trying to live long enough on the surface to get to an obelisk to transfer off this rock. (no TEK). I don't know how they expect people in single player to actually USE an obelisk much less live long enough (literally seconds) to even upload your character. Nevermind any stuff. Not a chance. Forget it. Just way too many reapers, especially near the Obelisk. You should not have to be "end game" level with TEK, Drakes, blah blah blah, just to use a dang obelisk. NONE of the other maps have this issue.  ( Note I will not wont use cheat codes)  Grrr. 

I had trouble surviving on the surface at first, but here's what I did.

I got myself to the Stone Building level and the Metal weapon level.

I built some basic square stone taming traps. Simple 3x3 foundations with 4 high walls. An exterior ramp leading up into it.

I trapped and tamed 6 high level Ravagers (Anywhere between a levels 130-150 should do)

I bred the ones with the best health and melee stats. I ended up with 6 really strong Ravagers.

I also bred a few light pets till I got a shinehorn that had a high charge capacity.

With said Shinehorn and six powerful Ravagers I journeyed to the surface and now do loot runs daily (at night, duh)

For you, if you just want to get off Aberration, you just need the Ravagers to keep the Nameless and Reapers busy long enough to access the obelisk.

I play singleplayer and I'm thoroughly enjoying Aberration. I think you should stay and keep at it.

If you need a safe place to build a base, try in the River Valley around 30, 60. No big carnivores spawn there, so the worst you'll have to deal with is raptors and the occasional ravager pack.

I built my first base in that valley in front of the Norteast surface entrance until I was brave enough to build in the Marshlands.

5 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

In all honesty why are you playing this game in single player? This game was built from the ground up as a multiplayer game. Single player really just exists for players to test out stuff and techniques that they will use when on a server.

That's bull. I've played all the maps on singleplayer and did just fine. Even Aberration. Singleplayer just requires more dedication and skill due to the fact your doing by yourself what would normally be done by multiple people.

8 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

In all honesty why are you playing this game in single player? This game was built from the ground up as a multiplayer game. Single player really just exists for players to test out stuff and techniques that they will use when on a server.

Some people, like me, are playing on console and dont want to pay money, just you can play with other people. Thats why they play SP. 

2 hours ago, BlueberryJackal said:

Some people, like me, are playing on console and dont want to pay money, just you can play with other people. Thats why they play SP. 

You have to pay to play online at console? Get a pc it is free.  That was a joke didn't know playing online on console costs money. Multiplayer ark is free.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally made it, and It is repeatable but it is NOT easy, and you will die a few times in the process. 

You need to use the N.E. Obelisk. It is the shortest distance to get to from the cliff.

What you need is 2 sets of climbing picks, a charge animal (low level, its going to die) and a wingsuit. Cloth clothing is fine.

I make my way up the cliff. about 1/3 of the way up turn OFF the charge animal as to not attract seekers. Continue to the surface and immediately turn to the right and KEEP CLIMBING. You will have to bear to your left as you climb all the way around the right side of the surface cliff. You heep going around and up and even tually you will get to a top of a hill peak. From here you jump off and you can easily make it right to the terminal. In fact you will be so high that you might need to close the suit in mid-air to drop vertically and reopen it near the ground. Mid flight, you can also  turn your charge animal back on to keep the nameless at bay once you land. 

The first few times I did this the reapers just wiped me out. The key is if your going to die, at least kite them away from the terminal as best as you can. It will cost you lots of bulbdogs and wingsuits, but eventually (think I made it on the sixth try) you can land at the terminal and get your character uploaded (with mere seconds to spare) before you are killed.

Now I am on extinction and once I get TEK (and the Tek Transmitter) I can return and use that from that point on.

If you get a rock drake, you can use the blue obelisk pretty easy. Glide over to the obby, get the reapers to chase you, then glide over the drop off and the reapers will fall in. 

Then go back to obby, kill anything small there, and do your business.

Even with drops broken on P+ we're able to export glow pets and ravagers this way.

Blue is safest to do this since its a very short surface time. Just don't forget some aggaveric for the cave.

Archived