Breeding and Mutations

Awol1047

Ok, so I’m currently in the process of breeding manas on an unnofficial server. I have a female which has 6/0 mutations stats of 7260 hp , 355melee (mutations in health and melee)  I’ve recently acquired a new Male mana that has a BASE stat of 378 melee and has no mutations either side. 

If I breed that new Male with the 6/0 female is there a possibility that the melee mutations that are on the females side will carry and increase the base melee ? I’ve had no luck so far and the 1st baby came out with 12/0 mutations ! Taking the health mutations but not the melee but taking the higher melee value - Is this because the new base melee is higher and therefore Ignores the mutations or will it eventually take all melee mutations that originate from the 355 female ? 

all help much appreciated 

#FREEHOD 

Mutations are 3 things (I know you didn't exactly ask but it's good information to have!) :

1)  The at-birth level the dino WAS GOING TO BE, increases by two.  So if it was gonna be born a level 215, it is born a 217, and so forth.

2)  A random stat out of ALL SEVEN (HP/STAM/O2/FOOD/WEIGHT/MELEE/SPEED) increases by 2 wild levels.  That's of course where #1 comes from!  And that DOES MEAN that speed (and for some dinos, o2) can mutate, and in that case your mutation points are "wasted."

3)  A random color-zone out of ALL SIX changes color.  It can mutate to a color the dino NORMALLY HAS, or it can mutate to a fluorescent color wildly different than normal dino colors, or a more normal looking color you would never find on the dino in the wild.  This ALSO MEANS that if the dino-in-question doesn't use ALL SIX color-zones, it can actually mutate an un-used color-zone, and like the speed-stat your color mutation will be "wasted."

After the baby is born with a new mutation and you see the mutation counter tick up, the mutation is GONE.  The base stats and colors are fully replaced by the mutated ones.  The mutation is not a discrete part of the dino in any way, meaning it cannot be "pulled out" of a dino and passed on to a different stat from a different dino.  This is from three years of my own breeding experience and collaboration of information from many ARK players.  If this information is contested in any way by someone, please trust that they do not know what they are talking about.

----- My opinion of what you should do:

If you have the 7.2K HP on a Mana with less mutations than 6/20, start the line over again and breed the 7.2k with the new melee stat.  It will be your cleanest route of getting the stats together and not capping mutations in ~3 generations, if that is something you are concerned with.

Archived