Tribe Groups

DrChicken24

So I have been experimenting with these tribe groups I’ve never seen before. I have the basics down, but there is one thing I’m confused with.

I have a couple different levels: Recruits, Members, Officers, Management, and Admins. For example, the recruit should only be able to access things that are level 1. Everyone else can access things above level 1. I put the rank number as 1 for recruit, and access inventory rank as 1. I then put activate structure rank as 2. 

Does that mean the recruit can access level 2 and below structures, or does it mean that they can’t do anything 2 and above?

2 hours ago, DrChicken24 said:

So I have been experimenting with these tribe groups I’ve never seen before. I have the basics down, but there is one thing I’m confused with.

I have a couple different levels: Recruits, Members, Officers, Management, and Admins. For example, the recruit should only be able to access things that are level 1. Everyone else can access things above level 1. I put the rank number as 1 for recruit, and access inventory rank as 1. I then put activate structure rank as 2. 

Does that mean the recruit can access level 2 and below structures, or does it mean that they can’t do anything 2 and above?

2 and below, his access rank is 2, he is just in the tribe group 1. Theres an access by group option aswell? ARK settings like their wording

Guest BubbaCrawfish
17 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

So if I put access at 1 he can only do ones that are level 1 or 0?  What does the rank number do then?

He actually said... If his rank is 2, then he can open/activate anything set from rank 0 - 2...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
48 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

So the rank bypssss everything?

That's how the ranks work...

0-10, if you are 5, you can access anything set to 5 and below.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Tribe_Member_Rankings

You'll want someone who you can trust to be testing things for you, and making sure that it is set correctly, as it does take a lot to configure.

Beware of this.... "A member of the tribe who is set as Founder or Admin will bypass whatever tribe rank is applied to them." This could be where you are having trouble along the lines.

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

That's how the ranks work...

0-10, if you are 5, you can access anything set to 5 and below.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Tribe_Member_Rankings

You'll want someone who you can trust to be testing things for you, and making sure that it is set correctly, as it does take a lot to configure.

Beware of this.... "A member of the tribe who is set as Founder or Admin will bypass whatever tribe rank is applied to them." This could be where you are having trouble along the lines.

I’m just confused, because if your level is 5 and you can access everything level 5 and below, what are the other settings for? Why set inventory to 3 when your level is 5?

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, DrChicken24 said:

I’m just confused, because if your level is 5 and you can access everything level 5 and below, what are the other settings for? Why set inventory to 3 when your level is 5?

It's based on ranks, so like a captain can do whatever but a private is limited.

Your rank allows anything and below, as you exceed the rank to use of what you've set.

Like, it's not an access rank = player rank, it's an access rank <= player rank situation...

As an idea, you could use the 'personally owned structures' setting, where you set the tribe governance to personal, then get people to put down their chests and doors to rooms, they can lock and pin lock their doors/chests and then you set it back to tribe owned, and that will give you some more options in some manner. Then they'll be the only ones who can access them if you need something along this line.

With the rank 3 inventory on a dino say for instance, if you make a rank that is 2, then those people won't be able to access the inventory of the dino, but if you set the ridable rank to 2 or lower, they will be able to ride it, but won't be able to empty the dino.

So you'd have to have the dino set to not harvest, and not to take items, or resources off the carcass. They'd then need to know that they have to park it next to a trough when they are parking up.

Archived