unofficial How to get started on a new server?

DrChicken24

So I’ve been playing ark ever since it came out in the Xbox in 2015. I didn’t play for a large chunk of 2017/2018, and I recently got back into it the past couple months. 

I have no time at all to grind and play official, so I went back to player hosted computer servers onto some boosted servers and such, trying to find one good for me.

But EVERY time I play ARK, within a week I’m wiped off that server by on of the large tribes. I don’t think I’ve ever made it past a week.

Since the servers I play on are boosted, it is a lot easier to get metal and turrets. So I build up and I take a spot nobody is. Bam. Wiped a week later.

I have no idea what to do! None of my friends play ARK and I have one trustworthy tribemate, that’s all. 

So what are your tactics to soloing PvP?

12 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Not a big PVP'er but id imagine since its so boosted, keep a real small hidden base while you premake a metal base with a bunch of turrets hidmul in multiple purlovia or vaults, dont set up until you have 20+ turrets.

Maybe keep an eye out for a solo guy on the server? Try recruitment subforum to find a good match.

That sounds smart. I’ll try doing that.

Archived