Extinction Help

DoughBoy93

6 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

Hi I'm a returning player and I am giving extinction a try I'm looking for some pro tips on this map. I seem to be doing ok so far I would say my only struggle is getting large amounts of metal.

Any useful tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Use a strong metal gatherer and break the lamp posts and benches in the town. Gets you lots of element dust and scrap metal.

For a metal-laden city that takes up the whole center of the map, Extinction is not too abundant with metal nodes. One surefire way to get metal involves killing the Enforcers/Defense Units, especially with a delicate-harvesting Therizino. Using the C attack with the Therizino on their corpses will only grant scrap metal in larger quantity which refines at a 1:1 ratio, unlike metal's 2:1 ratio (2 metal per 1 ingot).

There aren't any large metal areas to mine metal from like you can on Ragnarok and such so you're going to be moving around a lot to farm metal nodes. My best recommendation would be to take a Gasbags or weight-invested Argent and fly around to mine nodes manually with a good metal pick.

Here's a map that has the location of all the nodes. Just filter off everything except metal. Just from seeing this the most rich location would be in the sulfur fields in the southwest but you'll need some good Ghille/hazard suit to endure the extreme heat, or have a saddled Snow Owl follow a Gasbags and use it to heal when needed.

Archived