Herbivore Taming

LegacyBandits

I’ve noticed that when taming carnivores you really don’t need kibble unless you’re super bothered by the taking effectiveness, the mutton lets you tame just as quickly as kibble with the exception of a few minutes. Crops were I supposed wildcards attempt for herbivores, however crops take just as long as berries and I want to see that changed, anyone else feel this way?

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2019 at 1:28 AM, Reckoning said:

I all around feel if I'm taming a high level dino, carni or herbi, I'll use kibbles regardless. TE is kinda important with those high levels... as for everything else where TE doesn't matter.... I think crops are still somewhat comparative to mutton. Imagine taming a equus with berries versus karrots...

I am going to bump this because I was wondering the same thing. A level 60 Rex, with a 1x taming multiplier will take 68 minutes (according to Dodoex) with mutton, and 51 minutes with kibble. A Theriz, same level will take 68 minutes to tame with kibble, and 328 minutes (thats 5 hours and 28 minutes) with crops, and apparently crops are only 48 seconds faster than berries. As far as the Equus you mentioned, they are special in the fact that they have a mid-range preferred food (Rockarrot) below their kibble much like carnivores with mutton. The next step down are crops, and a level 60 Equus tamed with crops will take just over 2 hours with crops and it triples the amount of times you need to feed for tame. With berries? 9 and a half hours. 

To say crops are comparative to mutton is just crazy talk. Crops for herbivores are comparative to cooked fish meat for carnivores - and even then, cooked fish meat is better for that level 60 Rex (311 minute tame vs a 328 minute tame) than the crops are for that level 60 Theriz.

Herbivore taming seems out of balance with carnivore taming. They need to do something to bring these closer to balance. My suggestion is give each herbivore knockout tame the same treatment they gave the Equus, have each species prefer a certain crop. 

Archived