Weigh In: Options for the future of Primitive+

Cedric

I would like to see it as separate mod, but many pepole would like to see P+ as part of main game. To recreate "primitive roleplay" after mod integration, it would be enough just diasble some engrams on speciifc servers/SP (or make gameplay option - restrict engrams), probably metal tier and above, something like this ancient mod by Wildcard studio https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=478227612&searchtext=the+lost+world

Hello again, 

I responded a few pages back when I first saw the post, ecstatic that is some focus on Primitive Plus. 

Since posting that however, I have had a chance to discuss this forum post with several others on the unofficial primitive plus and standard gameplay servers that I admin on and code for. 

We all agreed that we like building materials, the added gardening and cooking, the additional tools, the look of some of the decorative items, and the progressive nature that it seems to have in comparison to the standard edition.

Yet, we also came to the conclusion that should it be added to the standard game play, we probably wouldn't be keeping our primitive plus server open. For us, it was the opportunity to use the different items and tools more so than the "primitive nature" of the gameplay in the first place. 

We realize that there would be those that would disagree with our reasonings however, as it is because of the  "primitive nature" of the gameplay that they play on it in the first place. So we discussed what that could look like from their perspective. After all, regardless of how we play the game, we are all participants on this Ark adventure. :-) 

Which led us to "vote" for including the items in game, but doing so with a checkbox under Engrams that would allow the person setting up the server/game to easily add or remove the more technologically advanced engrams such as Tek.  Perhaps a "Primitive Gameplay" and "Modern Gameplay" option of some sort? It would be easier for those who are not as code savvy as some. I know enough to use them, but I also know those that do not or do not have the time or utilities to do so easily. 

I would imagine that by adding them to the standard gameplay the updates may be a bit smoother once they are functioning properly and that simply having the engrams locked so they can't be accessed would be easier to update than working a complete separate method of game play.  I could be wrong, I am a novice coder at best. 

Off the mention of our "vote" above, is this something that may come to one? Just to see what direction the majority are going in?

As a group we were wondering out of curiosity more than anything as we enjoy discussing the many possibilities out there. 

That said, thank you for everything! We do enjoy the game and will continue to play regardless. 

[PREAMBLE] First I would like to clearly say with firmness and command, If you don’t play “faithfully” Primitive Plus you have no business commenting on such ideas, developing opinions, and or influencing anything beyond from what you expierence with this game. 

This conversation should be exclusive to those of us who have dedicated our time as gamers and hobbyist to Primitive Plus.  

My name is Ray, and I have been playing Ark been playing Ark faithfully since Beta days.  I have had the privilege of gaming with some of the most competive PVPR’s, Grinders and Gamers. We have been dedicated as a Tribe for more then 2 years. Many of my Tribemates have become my friends. Not being bias but these men and women are pretty legit, knowledgeable and committed to Primitive Plus. My character Blaster Master hails from the tribe Norfolk.  

With that said, in no way or capacity do I believe the game should be integrated with the main game. If modded, why bother utilizing a Musket when you can use a Machine gun for PVP.  But when modded please detail what you mean by it.  I am not a Programmer, Developer or Modder; and have no idea what this would entail.  What I gather is the company is looking to eliminate the Primitive Plus option.

If you truly want gaming insight I would encourage a conference call, group discussion on Xbox with my tribemates or even a Facebook group discussion. Then you would find amazing information and resources to assist you with this discussion. My email is rayraffaele.art@gmail.com  you can find me on FACEBOOK: Raiyunex Nazario. 

Gamertag Xbox: Ejosh

Edited by GunBlazzinPanda
Missing Information

I think it is safe to say that SOMETHING needs to be done, yes.

But whatever option is chosen, you cannot consider wiping these servers again. I have played Ark since the initial release on PS4 over 2 years ago now and stuck with this game through a lot. First off, when the whole thing happened with Legacy servers and people were faced with having to start over again, the number of people that quit was large. Following this, my tribe went to Unofficial servers with friends until eventually getting bored and quitting the game for several months. We had done everything on the game and there seemed nothing left to do (everything was kept below 2x rates, nothing extortionate).

At this time we were more or less done with Ark, until one day an old friend showed us some screenshots of Primitive Plus with the different structures and things we hadn't seen before on Ark: Survival Evolved. Now almost a year on in Official PvE, we are the largest tribe of any of the servers and still enjoying the game. This is what Prim+ does in my opinion, ives players a chance to experience something new on Ark when they feel like everything has been done and it is something different from the main game. In the time I have been playing on Prim+, I have seen countless people come and go, mainly leaving because of the numerous problems we encounter on these servers and because there always seems to be something wrong. I have always understand how these problems occur, but never undweerstood why developers seem to forget about the problems every time. Heck, if you need to release updates a week later on Primitive Plus to make sure everything you change doesn't affect the mod, then I don't think many people would mind at all.

Now, after a quick scan I think the only viable option suggested is to make Primitive Plus part of the main game. It is already on every platform. But, I can confidently say now that if these servers are wiped then they may as well be deleted because the vast majority will quit playing. Not just Prim+, but Ark. Whatever option is decided upon, it should be a priority that there is no wipe and everyone keeps what they have worked towards, because it was a lot harder to do in a smaller community.

This comes from a PS4 Primitive Plus PvE player.

Apologies for any typos, but thank you for reading and finally looking to do something with this neglected game mode.

EDIT: To be honest, I don't see why you cant make it part of the main game's files but have it remain as a separate mode. That would keep everybody happy.

Edited by ScorchedSoul

I think it is safe to say that SOMETHING needs to be done, yes.
But whatever option is chosen, you cannot consider wiping these servers again. I have played Ark since the initial release on PS4 over 2 years ago now and stuck with this game through a lot. First off, when the whole thing happened with Legacy servers and people were faced with having to start over again, the number of people that quit was large. Following this, my tribe went to Unofficial servers with friends until eventually getting bored and quitting the game for several months. We had done everything on the game and there seemed nothing left to do (everything was kept below 2x rates, nothing extortionate).
At this time we were more or less done with Ark, until one day an old friend showed us some screenshots of Primitive Plus with the different structures and things we hadn't seen before on Ark: Survival Evolved. Now almost a year on in Official PvE, we are the largest tribe of any of the servers and still enjoying the game. This is what Prim+ does in my opinion, ives players a chance to experience something new on Ark when they feel like everything has been done and it is something different from the main game. In the time I have been playing on Prim+, I have seen countless people come and go, mainly leaving because of the numerous problems we encounter on these servers and because there always seems to be something wrong. I have always understand how these problems occur, but never undweerstood why developers seem to forget about the problems every time. Heck, if you need to release updates a week later on Primitive Plus to make sure everything you change doesn't affect the mod, then I don't think many people would mind at all.
Now, after a quick scan I think the only viable option suggested is to make Primitive Plus part of the main game. It is already on every platform. But, I can confidently say now that if these servers are wiped then they may as well be deleted because the vast majority will quit playing. Not just Prim+, but Ark. Whatever option is decided upon, it should be a priority that there is no wipe and everyone keeps what they have worked towards, because it was a lot harder to do in a smaller community.
This comes from a PS4 Primitive Plus PvE player.
Apologies for any typos, but thank you for reading and finally looking to do something with this neglected game mode.
EDIT: To be honest, I don't see why you cant make it part of the main game's files but have it remain as a separate mode. That would keep everybody happy.
I'll just go and ignore the capslock comment above and instead answer your very long comment:

Your idea can work. They could make Primitive Plus part of the main game but at the same time also keep it as the total conversion that it is now. But if they do that there is the question is it still worth it to update the total conversion in terms of bug fixes and stuff?
  • Like 1

Hello again, 
I responded a few pages back when I first saw the post, ecstatic that is some focus on Primitive Plus. 
Since posting that however, I have had a chance to discuss this forum post with several others on the unofficial primitive plus and standard gameplay servers that I admin on and code for. 
We all agreed that we like building materials, the added gardening and cooking, the additional tools, the look of some of the decorative items, and the progressive nature that it seems to have in comparison to the standard edition.
Yet, we also came to the conclusion that should it be added to the standard game play, we probably wouldn't be keeping our primitive plus server open. For us, it was the opportunity to use the different items and tools more so than the "primitive nature" of the gameplay in the first place. 
We realize that there would be those that would disagree with our reasonings however, as it is because of the  "primitive nature" of the gameplay that they play on it in the first place. So we discussed what that could look like from their perspective. After all, regardless of how we play the game, we are all participants on this Ark adventure. :-) 
Which led us to "vote" for including the items in game, but doing so with a checkbox under Engrams that would allow the person setting up the server/game to easily add or remove the more technologically advanced engrams such as Tek.  Perhaps a "Primitive Gameplay" and "Modern Gameplay" option of some sort? It would be easier for those who are not as code savvy as some. I know enough to use them, but I also know those that do not or do not have the time or utilities to do so easily. 
I would imagine that by adding them to the standard gameplay the updates may be a bit smoother once they are functioning properly and that simply having the engrams locked so they can't be accessed would be easier to update than working a complete separate method of game play.  I could be wrong, I am a novice coder at best. 
Off the mention of our "vote" above, is this something that may come to one? Just to see what direction the majority are going in?
As a group we were wondering out of curiosity more than anything as we enjoy discussing the many possibilities out there. 
That said, thank you for everything! We do enjoy the game and will continue to play regardless. 

I think the main problem that I see when it comes to the question "Do we add it to the main game or keep it as it is/make it a mod?" is because of the two sided meanings here with the majority being selfish as always. Don't get me wrong. I don't wanna call almost everyone here selfish. But putting your own experience of the game above everyone else is pretty selfish, even if it is over thousands of hours.

For all the Primitive Plus veterans: Yes, you guys have a lot of experience of the Gameplay and yes your meanings should be heared. But unfortently you are not the majority of the community and more importantly: We are talking about the future of Primitive Plus here and not only your GE saves. Yes, we shouldn't wipe you again but we need to consider this if it gives us the opportunity to finally put Primitive Plus in a position within the game where the Devs can finally make something out of it.

For the non Primitive Plus players: When you guys say you want it added to the main game you shouldn't forget that this will most likely kill the saves of thousands of hours of work from the Primitive Plus veterans. Yes, adding it to the main game is the best option if you look at it from a technical point of view. That's also my personal opinion but we shouldn't forget that there are people out there who put a lot of work into this DLC.

With that being said I'd say it again: Add it to the main game. If you can safely convert Primitive Plus content into the main game than you can also convert the saves and with the current Engram enable/disable system we can keep the current Primitive Plus servers as primitive as they are. But on the other hand, if you can't convert the content aka need to wipe the servers than I say: Add it to the main game, but leave Primitive Plus in its current state untouched so the servers can keep running.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LaikaIwanowa said:

For all the Primitive Plus veterans: Yes, you guys have a lot of experience of the Gameplay and yes your meanings should be heared. But unfortently you are not the majority of the community

You are correct in that we, veteran prim+ players, are not the majority of the community. We are the -only- community that is going to be drastically negatively effected if the servers get wiped.

Also, you've state your opinion several times now. Maybe sit back, not spam the forums, and let others give their opinion.

1 hour ago, LaikaIwanowa said:

I'll just go and ignore the capslock comment above and instead answer your very long comment:

Your idea can work. They could make Primitive Plus part of the main game but at the same time also keep it as the total conversion that it is now. But if they do that there is the question is it still worth it to update the total conversion in terms of bug fixes and stuff?

The whole point of Primitive Plus is to get a new experience within Ark and the concept of it is to stay away from Tek, metal structures and heavy weaponry which to an extent feels like it doesn't belong in this game (for some of us.)

If you try and mix Prim+ with regular servers in some way, even if you still cant bring that stuff to Prim+, it is quite simply going to kill off the game mode.

With what is being said I wont completely agree that those who do not play Primitive Plus at the moment are irrelevant in this conversation, they are not irrelevant. But their opinions should weigh very little in comparison to those who have played this game mode and actually know what it is about.

If adding Primitive Plus to the main game files is a solution to the mode being broken with every update then great, go ahead. But anything that is done which results in wiping the existing servers is going to kill these servers completely. The game is becoming pretty old now and people are not going to be willing to do a full reset yet again.

Those in the forum interested in Prim+ clearly can't be interested enough to actually have tried it, perhaps they don't want to restart, so we should instead? No.. Killing this game mode so people can have the odd Lumber building in their base or a few extra vegetables is ludicrous.

I stand by the best option is adding these files to the main game (IF this does not result in server wipes) and simply leaving it as a separate mode like it is now. Everybody will be happy and it wont be lost in the game to slowly die.

Like I stated before, during one of the updates one of the dev accidentally flipped the switch on our server turning it from prim to normal. Just the prim stuff went away.

It seems to me that if you are planning to add brick..(idk why) to the main game then if you flipped the switch again we wouldnt lose our bases. So with just that change we keep our dinos and bases. Wiping us completely... people play here even though the load takes 20min. I would assume about 90% of the people trying prim for the first time assume their pc is froze and close the game.

Plants dont work anyways so no big deal if gone.

All explosives are buggy as hell

Prim weapons are op

Alchemy, Advanced, Construct, Indi Forge, Indi Cooker- You are talking bout adding them to main game anyways. Alchemy is way op compared to base game. Advanced smithy would be a good thing for the normal game. Construction table is just to make prim stuff so not needed if devs add items to game instead of a moder. Indi cooker and forge need coal, add coal to main game?

The safes, and storage boxes? K.... not very hard to reskin and make more of those anyways.

Am I missing something? Thats prim right there ^

So for us to not be wiped and to keep our bases and all our poop, add brick to game flip switch...

I've been on Prim+ official on Ps4 for a few months now. I'd like to see it remain separate from the base game, because it really is different. I think a lot of people don't play it because of the lack of support. Since I joined my official server, there has never been a time when it just worked. At first there were no drops, then the valentines update restored drops, but completely broke anything that uses prim+ specific items, like forges not accepting clay or carbon, etc. 6 weeks later, patch notes finally say they are fixing prim+ for console, and not a single item in the patch notes actually happened. Several tribes on the server have quit playing because they can't play it, and it seems that we are being trolled by the dev team. If it worked as reliably as the regular servers do, I think a lot more people would be interested in playing it, but every time a new tribe comes in and asks in Global "how do I make steel?" and I have to answer, "Carbon plus Iron ingots in the forge, but you can't put carbon in a forge", then they quit and never come back, and tell all their friends not to try it either. If it's components were just integrated into regular servers, I'd probably just quit playing. We chose to play Prim+ in the first place because of how crazy offense oriented Ark is in the first place. At least it feels a little better in Prim+. Someone can't get a rocket launcher in a drop in ten minutes and destroy a couple weeks worth of gathering and building.

For Official, I understand needing to keep it separate, but for dedicated servers, with all the building, role play, and what not, we really should be able to integrate whatever we want from both games together. I understand that might mean a lot rework, but I think it would be worth it. 

My vote is add it to the regular game. Allow dedicated server owners to integrate whatever they want.

What does "integrate it into the main game" even mean? The whole point of Prim+ was to not have as much higher technology in the game. So just adding everything to the base game is out. That is not Primitive. Sure, I would really like to see the cauldron in base game, since it is so much better than the cooking pot and getting indu cookers takes a bit. One could add the lumber tier and similar things to the game, and for PVE style building that is great. But for PVP, what's the point? PVP buildings consist of Stone at first, since it's relatively quick to access level and ressource wise and it offers some protection. Thatch and wood is pretty useless as a PVP building tier, and even the dino protection is questionable. Then you'l want metal, as the "best tier". Probably tek at some point, but my experience with that is limited, pvp wise. With pvp you'll always want the best defence you can possibly afford if you value your stuf, everything else is just redundant.

I'd say make it a mod probably... But keep some official servers running it. Or find some other way to "remove" some high tek things from the game to create a more primitive playstyle. But yes, Prim+ has lots of great ideas that I could see in the base game, to improve / enhance the normal Ark. That is a different discussion from "how do we get a primitive playstyle" though.

Hey single player: download a mod

Hey unofficial players: download a mod

Hey pve players: ask wildcard to add building stuff for you

Normal game people that want wc to add the stuff to the main game then disable all non-prim stuff, play prim....

Wildcard fix the load.

This post has been annoying at best, like asking the pvp players what to do with pve.

"Hey yeah I dont play pve but I say wipe them all."

Edited by kelive

Xbox player here, I think adding it into the main game is a good idea however alot of the stuff will be made kind of irrelavent. Would the normal Primitive servers have all the P+ stuff but you would just disable all the tech? Also can you change the effects of plant x just on the primitive survers i.e. faster projectile speed more inline with auto turrets and more damage and possibly stacking DOT for prolonged sponging.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:41 AM, LaikaIwanowa said:

I think the main problem that I see when it comes to the question "Do we add it to the main game or keep it as it is/make it a mod?" is because of the two sided meanings here with the majority being selfish as always. Don't get me wrong. I don't wanna call almost everyone here selfish. But putting your own experience of the game above everyone else is pretty selfish, even if it is over thousands of hours.

For all the Primitive Plus veterans: Yes, you guys have a lot of experience of the Gameplay and yes your meanings should be heared. But unfortently you are not the majority of the community and more importantly: We are talking about the future of Primitive Plus here and not only your GE saves. Yes, we shouldn't wipe you again but we need to consider this if it gives us the opportunity to finally put Primitive Plus in a position within the game where the Devs can finally make something out of it.

For the non Primitive Plus players: When you guys say you want it added to the main game you shouldn't forget that this will most likely kill the saves of thousands of hours of work from the Primitive Plus veterans. Yes, adding it to the main game is the best option if you look at it from a technical point of view. That's also my personal opinion but we shouldn't forget that there are people out there who put a lot of work into this DLC.

With that being said I'd say it again: Add it to the main game. If you can safely convert Primitive Plus content into the main game than you can also convert the saves and with the current Engram enable/disable system we can keep the current Primitive Plus servers as primitive as they are. But on the other hand, if you can't convert the content aka need to wipe the servers than I say: Add it to the main game, but leave Primitive Plus in its current state untouched so the servers can keep running.

i agree with u no i ain't a primitive plus player i played it like 2 times before and both my saves got wiped cause the game deleted my saves cause of a bug with what i blaim pillars.... and nah i dont want primitive plus people that worked hard on there saves to have there saves wiped... i wouldn't want that pain on anyone even know i have experinced it and i have hated it.... i just would want some of the features yes converted to maingame cause of the game lacking in what primitive plus gives and despite that yeah primitive plus could have a primitive scuba system that would make the game completeable then what it is..... aside from that primitiveplus as is is good and fun to play on but i think working on main game and working on a total converison at the same time could be a pain i imagine? i mean look how long its been that cedric updated it....... no offense ofcourse @Cedric afterall i support wildcard there is times the community backlashs them and i hate it i dont mean to backlash if someone thinks i am just saying how i feel. : o

The main reason i see primitive plus as better, is the load time it take's to play. Now this is bad. yes, but it keep's the troll's away. it keep's the jerks that use alt accounts to fill the server with tamed creatures so nobody can tame anything. (yes you know who you are) they say O well.
it makes regular ARK suck. because if you can't tame a creature why play? 
on another note it keep's the troll's and jerks that claim land with pillars and ladder's away. nobody is going to wait 30 minutes to get into ARK primitive plus, just to mess with people...
SO with that said ARK primitive plus has a more older set of players. that can afford to run a high end gaming PC. they play to relax and have fun. its a total different community than regular ARK. rather people admit this or not they know it be true.
So should ARK primitive plus be added to ARK?  i request that there be subscriber servers !  yes pay to play. if you do the math it work's. But only if there active Discord with server groups. so putting in a ticket will actually work. and a live community to play with. everyone will see this and say shut up! we want free play. well if you pay. and be a ass hat and get banned. i will pay for that. for there to be a discord page for subscribers paying to play ark and have live admins to get on and actually keep the rules enforced. Maybe if @Cedric would set up a way to actually enforce the rule's they post about blocking land. and too many creatures for one tribe.??  

PS. Leaving primitive plus as a mod will be better. But will there be Official server's?  Don't forget primitive plus is to remove the TEK, and remove advanced weapons and armor.. it set's a more primitive atmosphere. with that said it's impossible to put it in regular ARK. Its primitive plus (primitive) for a reason. Keep primitive plus as a mod. Run official server with it?  how will you run official servers with the mod?  if the mod not updated same issue's..  it look's like there trying to remove primitive plus, and using people to vote on it is your way of using that to backup whatever decision you make. of course people are going to say, add the stuff to regular ark.  if you took away all the TEK, they be screaming at you. its just a way you remove the servers completely and say (the people voted). do your job! you added primitive plus to ark already!  and now your using this to remove it. 

Primitive Plus already is part of the game. when you launch you can load the total conversion... don't you people see what there doing...  open your eye's ! Its already been added to the game! its not a mod....  they plan to kill the server's, add the content to the game and remove the servers. then turn the primitive plus into a mod. and say there my hands are free. 

you will see in PVE no pillar's blocking the map !

you will see the PVE server's not full of creatures you can't tame anything.... !

why don't you set up discord channels per 10 servers.  then actually do your job! and kick or ban the jerk's that don't follow the rules....

people quit playing not cause they did everything.  but because official servers are taken over by players not following the rules. can you tame anything of half the official server's..?? you know the real reason people play primitive plus. so they can play ARK !

On 3/30/2019 at 3:33 AM, TheDonn said:

Lot of people are saying "add it to the main game."  Please do not do this.  It would basically waste all that is Prim+, because given the choice on live servers between Prim+ stuff or normal Tek/Metal tier ARK, 90+% of everyone will just build with the Tek/Metal (non-Prim+). 

Prim+ is cool because of the challenge it presents, and the change to the game.  If you can't just FIX it in place using the total-conversion framework, then make it a mod, support it, update it, and make it work.  Actually, just fix it and update it.  The load-time is a bummer for sure, but that is very low on the list of complaints and issues with Prim+ at the moment.

EDIT:  Having more options that are just options (and many Prim+ engrams are purposely designed to add difficulty to the game, in a different way than the normal ones) will just make it confusing and seem too bloated.  Please don't just add it all to the main game.

I agree with the above. PLEASE do not just simply add it to the main game and call it good (cause it won't be). If the game mode is impractical due to maintenancecosts, please at least create an option to choose its engram list over the vanilla one. I don't personally understand the difference between having P+ as a mod versus a total conversion, since the only differences I've ever noticed could be achieved with some .ini coding and adding the P+ engrams to the vanilla database and only be accessible if you select the P+ mod.

If you do what what all the people who've never actually played Primitive Plus are suggesting, which is to just throw all the P+ content into the main game, the P+ experience will be ruined for fans because no one will use those engrams when metal/tek are available. PVP in P+ is far more enjoyable and satisfying because players can't just fix everything with autoturrets and C-4 or use cryopods to move all their dinos on a whim. What's the point of spending weeks gathering materials and building your amazing base if a solo player with some C-4 can obliterate it in a few minutes? 

PVP in P+ is a more enjoyable challenge because you have to plan ahead. It slows the game down just enough to let you enjoy it more and appreciate all the work that went into creating it. All the environmental aspects of the game have an impact on what you can and cannot do and are thus far more relevant.

So many obstacles in the main game are quickly overcome with a few levels and some modern tech. It's not even a survival game past the middle levels. At that point it's just a FPS with some dinos.

I've only been playing Primitive Plus for a short while and already don't ever want to go back to vanilla. 

Please keep Primitive Plus alive and as an option for alternative play.

Edited by McScrush
  • Thanks 1

I think it should be added to the main game.

I think it should be added in a way that will allow existing prim+ servers to not lose progress when they transition. this can be done by preserving blueprint paths for items in such a way that existing maps still recognize everything, or by some script or light weight tool that converts the saves in some manner.

there should be a guide posted for existing people to quickly remove all non prim+ engrams and items from drop tables so that their servers will not experience any real change in gameplay.

I think existing prim+ officials should be changed in this same fashion so that their gameplay is not interrupted too severel either

While i think adding the items to main would enrich the game i do not want to do it at the expense of a passionate playerbase who is probably now quite worried about losing their homes.

Edited by Kaprosuchus
  • Thanks 1

I like primitive + as a game mode and challenge. However I also see the issues with it breaking with every change to base game. Theres no easy answer to this but maybe a good compromise. I believe it was stated once to add it to the main game but keep the mode select as a toggle for non prim + engrams. Simply blocking the engrams by toggle select as to maintain the game mode feel and keep it in  main game files for easier updating. That way all updates and maps will stay current and i believe The prim+ engrams will fill gaps between thatch level and full modern. Example from primitive wood to lumber and stone to concrete.  Bows to crossbow then musket to longneck etc...

The cooking would make for better roll play servers and the extra fabrication methods i.e. alchemy and lumber tables would make great decorating clutter . Not to mention alchemy tables look cool as they are and make good bridges between mortar and pestle to chem bench. So I would like to see it as a mode as is but i also see it could be lots of issues. Besides I would rather have a good instance of this mode than no choice at all.  The toggle idea seems to be the lesser of two evils. I invite anyone from Wild Card to e-mail on how such a toggle would function. I am no programmer by any definition but i have a rough understanding of game mechanics . Prim+ is just too much fun to lose entirely. The features could really enrich things .  A t least that my two cents.   

• Thanks 1

I would favor keeping it in mod form or integrated into the main game, BUT - it must have configuration options for everything!   Amazingly helpful for playtesting before launch, and player refinement over time, esp. if there's an interface like the one Immersive Taming implemented (fantastic work!). 

Disclaimer, I want the "everything added must be configurable" for all mods anyways, so there's that :)