Weigh In: Options for the future of Primitive+

Cedric

• 3 weeks later...

I'll echo the sentiments of the last two posters. Just add the features to the main game and let server admins decide whether to include/exclude them. 

Tbh, just do SOMETHING. At this point, even getting rid of prim+ altogether and forcibly preventing server admins from being able to choose it in the first place would be preferable to the outages, glitches, and downtimes that unfailingly accompany every single update.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, SakuraLV said:

Whatever happened to these ideas? Over a year later with zero results. We love prim + and I prefer it to regular Ark, lets do something to keep prim + alive!

My original idea, before seeing this posts, was to get a couple of people together to turn the conversion into a mod, that way it wouldnt have to be updated with every dev update like total conversions do.  We wouldnt add anything(maybe down the line we could fork off a version that we add things too but at first I would just want a copy of Prim+ exactly how it is in a mod form).
Ive messed around with the dev kit a few times so im not like a mod maker or anything but i have a couple friends that are and they would definitely teach us what we need to know to get this made.
only hangup is I havent been able to get Ced or anyone to say if that would be allowed

1 hour ago, peequi said:

I think secretly WC wants prim to just go away. It isn't a money maker. I would pay if they fixed prim plus, not sure if the whole community would and even than would it be enough money?

Thats exactly my thought. They will probably wait till it is so broken that nobody will play it anymore. Then they can easily say „Well, nobody want to play it, so we decided to shut it off”. 

When they would maintaining it like the other mode, it would easy be much more populated and successful, but like every ark player already knows how buggy it is, they won‘t even try it out. It is so sad..

I have 2,500 hours of official and unofficial server time.

I love this game mode so much. 

First of all Studio Wildcard could make Prim+ a stand alone game and profit off of it.

I would gladly pay for a new game and new map and less dinosaurs. The mythical beasts have royally screwed the balance of the game. I used to rush for griffins to solo passive tame rock golems. Get rid of the tier based weapons. Only primitive weapons so everyone is on the same playing field. Also get rid of rat holes. I lived in pearl cave on center and it took 2 weeks for someone to wipe me and my friends. Raids should be quick and calculated where i do t have to stay up for 3 days battle building so i dont loose my giga lines. I have more ideas and would love to share them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 5:35 PM, mgsgta3 said:

My original idea, before seeing this posts, was to get a couple of people together to turn the conversion into a mod, that way it wouldnt have to be updated with every dev update like total conversions do.  We wouldnt add anything(maybe down the line we could fork off a version that we add things too but at first I would just want a copy of Prim+ exactly how it is in a mod form).
Ive messed around with the dev kit a few times so im not like a mod maker or anything but i have a couple friends that are and they would definitely teach us what we need to know to get this made.
only hangup is I havent been able to get Ced or anyone to say if that would be allowed

I don't see why it's a problem. You're already taking what is in the game, and making it accessible again. I say do it! If I knew how to mod, I'd even HELP you do it. Like I'll help test for bugs or something.

I think what wouldn't be allowed would be to say you 'invented' prim + or something, but you're just fixing it.

Anyways. doo eeet. Do it! Dew it! The odds of a dev logging in just to say 'no u cant, but we wont fix it either' is kinda low imo.

Let's do it! Project Prim+ REBORN!

Why don't the admins/moderators respond to the community when directly addressed by some of the users here? I don't really understand theses forums at times. The OP posted this over a year ago now. Not even an update. Like, what does that say to the community who are loyal fans of this game and of P+. 

Edited by Sarn Kast

I've been playing ARK since its early access (which I'm sure most people have given how long that phase of the game lasted) and I've only really enjoyed the game in Primitive+. I don't like the high levels of technology in the game - I feel that it takes away from the experience.

However, I also find that vanilla ARK doesn't have enough primitive level content/technology progresses too fast. In my opinion, the main game could really use all the great things that Primitive+ adds.

As a result, my opinion is that you should integrate Primitive+ into the main game and just push all higher technology into higher level unlocks. This way, you could also have servers where non-primitive engrams are disabled to allow a Primitive+ style gameplay without any of the drawbacks. Even better would be that we would finally get regular updates and bugfixing!

The main reason I don't have the newer DLC of ARK is that they take away from the primitive-survival-with-dinosaurs feel of what I always felt ARK should have been. I don't like the mythical Griffins, Wyverns, and electricity, tek that were added to the game. I don't mind alien creatures as much as long as they were separate from the dinosaurs (like in a different map). But I do want to only play in the primitive technology.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, GhostlyComa said:

Got my original account back! 

Anyways, I think it should be either converted to a mod or made part of the main game. It has so much content that I wish standard ark would have. Alongside that I would love to see more structure variety in the game and Prim+ offers that along with so much more, new resources are always a fun thing to look for and collect while also giving Modder’s a wide variety of core assets to play with. The new resources here could literally change the game for the better in my opinion. And bacon. I love everything that Prim+ offers and being part of the main game would have such a drastic impact and may even draw people back to the game.  

In short, I think main game is the best choice.

Id love to hear what others have to say about this! 

Thanks Ced for listening :)

I agree Prim+ has alot to add to the main game (I love the cooking, though some recipes didnt want to work, like cookies.) as either a mod or part of the main. BACON is love! =] would love to chop up phiomia in reg ark and get bacon or trikes and get ribs.

Building textures as part of the wheel to change the look? ie. metal can be changed to look like lumber/brick,etc. Instead of full on seperate item.

I hope it finds the best home so people who wont play due to it "not having tek/guns/too hard" whatever their reason....I for one would like to see it get more love than it currently is getting while adding another layer to the main game.

Love prim+ Ced. 

It has a bright future and much potential as part of the main game, no matter what you and the team decide. Keep up the good work and positive vibes!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 8:05 PM, Cedric said:
  • Integrate it into the main game
    • Positives: It's no longer a separate DLC and enhances the existing primitive content
    • Negatives: It loses the specific mode

So in other words there are no negatives, since engrams can be easily disabled for those [server ops] who for some reason don't want MORE primitive content (just like those who don't want Tek already disable things to get a "Primitive Lite" experience).

In other news, from a brief reading through of this thread it seems like Main Game is also the most popular suggestion.

Seems like a no brainer to me....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 9:16 PM, kitkathy1994 said:

I've been playing ARK since its early access (which I'm sure most people have given how long that phase of the game lasted) and I've only really enjoyed the game in Primitive+. I don't like the high levels of technology in the game - I feel that it takes away from the experience.

However, I also find that vanilla ARK doesn't have enough primitive level content/technology progresses too fast. In my opinion, the main game could really use all the great things that Primitive+ adds.

The main reason I don't have the newer DLC of ARK is that they take away from the primitive-survival-with-dinosaurs feel of what I always felt ARK should have been. I don't like the mythical Griffins, Wyverns, and electricity, tek that were added to the game. I don't mind alien creatures as much as long as they were separate from the dinosaurs (like in a different map). But I do want to only play in the primitive technology.

ALL the same for me! :)

• Like 1