Weigh In: Options for the future of Primitive+

Cedric

You clearly don't understand what I am saying, as you resort to immature name calling and repeating the same false statements I just informed you were not correct.

I will repeat:

Integrating it into the main game does not force you to see ANY tek. It can keep the EXACT gameplay experience you have today.

I don't understand why you keep bringing up about redoing something. My point was there that wildcard SAID integrating it would wipe your progress - it sounds like you are saying "I'm okay with that, I've dealt with it for 2 years" - However I was arguing that their statement is false. It's possible for them to integrate it without a wipe.

But hey if you're ok with loss, that's not my problem anymore. But it's unnecessary to force a wipe.

Integrating it leaves it EXACTLY as you are use to using it today. You configure the server to run it as P+, and instead of the problems and broken updates, it just has less bugs in the future.

~ I'm out now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hold up everyone. You'll have to fix what dinos drop what in the "main game with only primitive plus engrams on". I'm all for it but I see issues with it.

I'm for seeing a passionate community modder being brought in to fix and expand on what is the best game mode despite the short comings and bugs.

Like others have posted primitive "tek teir" for the boss fights. Idea would be you get new steel teir engrams that are double the hp to brick. Bosses drop ember to craft it. A "Heavy X Seed"that you can craft and a low rate of fire Bola plant.

Also to add and fix what's missing/bugged.

Add Brick: Doors, Window, Hatch Frame, Hatch door, Giant Hatch/Gate, Behemoth Gate/Frame, Home Stead<- Also lumber.

Fix Brick: Dino Gate/Frame, Sloped Roof, Ramp.

Prim is life.

Edited by NaoKyo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 12:45 AM, Gandalfchrist said:

My vote goes to merging it with the base game. 
As a long time 3000h+ player I've lost most of them on a server that was already wiped out, please strongly consider not erasing the data.

The thing is, Prim+ players already lost their poop many times (I'm one of them) and I'll be happy to get wipes one more time if that means Prim+ gets merged into the base game with the occasional "Remove Modern Content and Tek" checkbox in the settings. Like @Aikar already said several times on this thread, from a technical point of view this option is the best we have. I'm pretty sure this would require us to wipe everything once more but once merged Prim+ is easy to update as it would become a part of the main game.

I'm still waiting and hoping they will work on Prim+ at some point. I mean, we got the Dino reworks a while back. Theres still hope and besides all the criticism regarding WIldcards I would still give them a poopload of thanks and hugs and whatnot if they decide to work on Prim+.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LaikaIvanova said:

Like @Aikar already said several times on this thread, from a technical point of view this option is the best we have.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:16 PM, Aikar said:

My point was there that wildcard SAID integrating it would wipe your progress - it sounds like you are saying "I'm okay with that, I've dealt with it for 2 years" - However I was arguing that their statement is false. It's possible for them to integrate it without a wipe.

He also said it's possible to make it without erasing anything.

I'll be happy to have it integrated and even happy without any further dlcs on PRIM+ just as long  data is not erased. 

On 11/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, LaikaIvanova said:

The thing is, Prim+ players already lost their poop many times (I'm one of them) and I'll be happy to get wipes one more time if that means Prim+ gets merged into the base game with the occasional "Remove Modern Content and Tek" checkbox in the settings. Like @Aikar already said several times on this thread, from a technical point of view this option is the best we have. I'm pretty sure this would require us to wipe everything once more but once merged Prim+ is easy to update as it would become a part of the main game.

I'm still waiting and hoping they will work on Prim+ at some point. I mean, we got the Dino reworks a while back. Theres still hope and besides all the criticism regarding WIldcards I would still give them a poopload of thanks and hugs and whatnot if they decide to work on Prim+.

I can't agree more. Just integrate the whole thing into the main game.  Give an option server side to hide modern engrams. Granted the drops were brought up by another post and something i had gotten however again that's a pretty easy fix. If you hide modern engrams you change the drops. We've been playing with out drops for so long. Prim+ could use the archeology event base as their own drops. So the game would have drop options as well.

With modern- orbital

Without- dirt piles

With one option you could toggle prim+ on or off with out sacrificing the way anyone currently plays. 

I also think it needs to be pointed out that everything on prim+ is so well done and thought out the integration would be nearly seamless. Seeds, crops, ores, building materials, cosmetic options, recipes, weapons.  In so much more intricate. 

Cake, pizza and cookies.  

Not to mention most of the prim+ options just look nicer and flow better. 

Edited by Iriamachina

On 11/6/2019 at 12:01 PM, Iriamachina said:

I can't agree more. Just integrate the whole thing into the main game.  Give an option server side to hide modern engrams. Granted the drops were brought up by another post and something i had gotten however again that's a pretty easy fix. If you hide modern engrams you change the drops. We've been playing with out drops for so long. Prim+ could use the archeology event base as their own drops. So the game would have drop options as well.

With modern- orbital

Without- dirt piles

With one option you could toggle prim+ on or off with out sacrificing the way anyone currently plays. 

I also think it needs to be pointed out that everything on prim+ is so well done and thought out the integration would be nearly seamless. Seeds, crops, ores, building materials, cosmetic options, recipes, weapons.  In so much more intricate. 

Cake, pizza and cookies.  

Not to mention most of the prim+ options just look nicer and flow better. 

I mean, technically we don't even need a specific mode (But a small checkbox that hides modern engrams would be convenient) as you can already hide engrams (and with that the items and structures) so all they would have to do is add the Primitive Plus content into the main game, balance some things out so it fits properly and there we go. Sounds easy, probably takes some work to do of course but it's not impossible and would solve the big elefant in the room "What do we do with this DLC".

Edit: After Ced put out the Feedback thing on Twitter, I really hope people will mention Primitive Plus and Wildcard does something with it. Besides all criticism ARK is still a great game and theres always hope they do something with Primitve Plus in the future.

Edited by LaikaIvanova
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I only have one question. Will I lose every thing I have on my friends server? I don't care about what I have on my solo worlds but I play with a few friends on a  vanilla crossplay server on PC. I want to join another friend's server but he has Prim+.  

I've seen what happens when Ark has updates, nothing good happens, and it unnevers me a lot to think that I could lose everything by switching. 

Edited by patdz814

On 1/2/2020 at 11:51 PM, patdz814 said:

I only have one question. Will I lose every thing I have on my friends server? I don't care about what I have on my solo worlds but I play with a few friends on a  vanilla crossplay server on PC. I want to join another friend's server but he has Prim+.  

I've seen what happens when Ark has updates, nothing good happens, and it unnevers me a lot to think that I could lose everything by switching. 

Thus far this is more of a discussion line than it is a reality of what is going happen. If you read the original post it suggested a few possible futures for Primitive Plus and this is where participants in the conversation have discussed those outlined. 

So as far as losing everything on your friends server, it is hard to say since they haven't really updated this thread officially. At least not so much that I have seen. 

I would love it if they would, but they seem to be radio-silent on the subject. 

• 3 weeks later...

Long time lurker and returning player to Ark! I was hoping to start up a Prim plus single player game, but by the looks of it, Prim plus hasn't been fully worked over it seems? Seeing as this post started almost a year ago, I'm wondering what the state of Prim plus is today?

I've been re familiarizing myself with ark after nearly a two year absence, and was always drawn to wanting to play primative plus, but it was always in a buggy state. I'd love to play Ark with Primative plus, but wondering if it is currently worth it? The immersion of playing primative plus is right up my alley! Any thoughts?

43 minutes ago, Dinoryder said:

Long time lurker and returning player to Ark! I was hoping to start up a Prim plus single player game, but by the looks of it, Prim plus hasn't been fully worked over it seems? Seeing as this post started almost a year ago, I'm wondering what the state of Prim plus is today?

I've been re familiarizing myself with ark after nearly a two year absence, and was always drawn to wanting to play primative plus, but it was always in a buggy state. I'd love to play Ark with Primative plus, but wondering if it is currently worth it? The immersion of playing primative plus is right up my alley! Any thoughts?

About a month or so ago I temporarily opened a PVE Primitive Plus map for the cluster I admin for to play on. We tend to do so at least once a year to play around with it. 

The map we chose was Ragnarok. And the biggest issue we had at the time were the lack of drops. They simply didn't exist. Luckily, in using the beacon app, I was able to place a few of the items typically found in drops into a few of the creature codes. It wasn't the best way to get blueprints in the game, but it worked for us. 

I read soon after we closed that one of the last fall updates had caused some issue, some major, some small. I am not sure however which have been fixed nor which may remain as issues.

Personally though, it is my favorite way to play. There are a lot more PVE elements with the food, decoratives, and such that I prefer 110% over what we have in the base game. The base game just misses out on a lot of early game items that primite plus has to offer. Which is why I am a fan of the two having at least the option to be used together. You would get a lot more out of the early game and still have access to some of the end game items. As it is, for console players, it is very much so one way or the other. Primitive Plus or Standard. 

Now on the question as how well a single player version would work... It may not be a bad idea to load one up and just see what it looks like. Use some cheats, do a trial, and if enough works for you - restart and play through. 

9 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

About a month or so ago I temporarily opened a PVE Primitive Plus map for the cluster I admin for to play on. We tend to do so at least once a year to play around with it. 

The map we chose was Ragnarok. And the biggest issue we had at the time were the lack of drops. They simply didn't exist. Luckily, in using the beacon app, I was able to place a few of the items typically found in drops into a few of the creature codes. It wasn't the best way to get blueprints in the game, but it worked for us. 

I read soon after we closed that one of the last fall updates had caused some issue, some major, some small. I am not sure however which have been fixed nor which may remain as issues.

Personally though, it is my favorite way to play. There are a lot more PVE elements with the food, decoratives, and such that I prefer 110% over what we have in the base game. The base game just misses out on a lot of early game items that primite plus has to offer. Which is why I am a fan of the two having at least the option to be used together. You would get a lot more out of the early game and still have access to some of the end game items. As it is, for console players, it is very much so one way or the other. Primitive Plus or Standard. 

Now on the question as how well a single player version would work... It may not be a bad idea to load one up and just see what it looks like. Use some cheats, do a trial, and if enough works for you - restart and play through. 

Yeah, I think I will do that when I get home. Take the plunge if you will. I just wanted to see what was what with prim plus. I will back up my current save and do the conversion. 

While I know the conversion might take a while, does it take 20 min or so to load up your game every single time? Or is that huge load time a first time thing. Ark is on a SSD drive I hope that helps

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it!

Edited by Dinoryder
  • Thanks 1

I noticed that drops have not been fixed. I assume a decision has not been made as to the road going forward. I see this topic was started in 3/19 as of this reply its 1/20. I definitely think that PrimPlus is worthy of its own server cluster. If that means a wipe and intergration into the main game with a options toggle to hide all non PrimPlus Tek engrams. Great just please do something to add/fix the current issues with an aging but wonderful game mode. 

Please Wildcard switch this toggle and add a cluster to the your Offical server base.  Please add the all the maps to cluster. We love the grand ole Island Map. 

This is the only way we play Ark,  PrimPlus For the Win. Fellow Ark Players, My Young lady and I have rejoined PrimPlus cross4 recently, we love this game mode. It is more in depth and way more interesting in early levels of character building.

Thanks for allowing an old man to add his opinion. 

TTech96 (Stubborn Pair) tribe

20 hours ago, Dinoryder said:

Yeah, I think I will do that when I get home. Take the plunge if you will. I just wanted to see what was what with prim plus. I will back up my current save and do the conversion. 

While I know the conversion might take a while, does it take 20 min or so to load up your game every single time? Or is that huge load time a first time thing. Ark is on a SSD drive I hope that helps

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it!

Honestly, as a console player, I have never really noticed extended load times. There is a brief load when switching game types (primitive plus vs original game play), however once switched, it I don't plan to go between the two it usually loads just as it would if I were in the other. At least it did before I did my test run prior to opening of the map for my cluster to play on. (popped on a single player to see what was "broken" and if it was still playable) 

18 hours ago, Ttech96 said:

I noticed that drops have not been fixed. I assume a decision has not been made as to the road going forward. I see this topic was started in 3/19 as of this reply its 1/20. I definitely think that PrimPlus is worthy of its own server cluster. If that means a wipe and integration into the main game with a options toggle to hide all non PrimPlus Tek engrams. Great just please do something to add/fix the current issues with an aging but wonderful game mode. 

Please Wildcard switch this toggle and add a cluster to the your Official server base.  Please add the all the maps to cluster. We love the grand ole Island Map. 

This is the only way we play Ark,  PrimPlus For the Win. Fellow Ark Players, My Young lady and I have rejoined PrimPlus cross4 recently, we love this game mode. It is more in depth and way more interesting in early levels of character building.

Thanks for allowing an old man to add his opinion. 

TTech96 (Stubborn Pair) tribe

Dang, I was hoping the drops would have been address by now. It was a while ago that we put a map up and noticed the issue. We were happy to have a workaround then and felt bad for those playing officially who may have been playing without them completely. 

As for the rest, I completely agree. Something needs to be said and hopefully they let us know which direction they are going to take it. Are they going to drop it completely (in which case someone may want to make a mod for it), are they going to incorporate it with an optional modern engrams on/off option, or are they going to update it in it current seperate game mode set? Honestly I am good without a time frame at this point, I would just like to know which way they are going to take it.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Integrate it into the main game. There can be a toggle for modern engrams or for prim+ engrams if ppl want it one way or other, but bottom line, I would love to see it fixed and working. On consoles, Beeswax did not work. On pc, I couldn't even get it to run due to the Battle-eye Loop of Death(TM). Nothing I do got rid of it UNLESS I ran the normal Ark. My husband and I love the look of Prim+ and the cooking aspects of it, all we want to do is build a nice home and if it's integrated, we can add more deco mods and make even more beautiful. Wiping means nothing to us since we don't have anything on official servers and any singleplayer data we may have is worth the wipe if it means a fast loading and flawless experience. We were depressed at the possibility of Prim+ just dying, but if there is a sliver of a chance to revive this wonderful game mode, we're all for it!

On 4/8/2020 at 4:23 AM, Xiasra said:

On pc, I couldn't even get it to run due to the Battle-eye Loop of Death(TM). Nothing I do got rid of it UNLESS I ran the normal Ark. 

If you DON'T play on official, you could try to launch without battleye: go in "Library", then on the list of your games, on the left of the screen, you see Ark, you click on "play", then, a NEW menu appears, you choose the 2nd one from the top (excuse me if all is not perfect in English, i'm French! :P ) , and it could work, i just tested for you and i'm on i'm on P+, this way...

16 hours ago, dani2mars said:

If you DON'T play on official, you could try to launch without battleye: go in "Library", then on the list of your games, on the left of the screen, you see Ark, you click on "play", then, a NEW menu appears, you choose the 2nd one from the top (excuse me if all is not perfect in English, i'm French! :P ) , and it could work, i just tested for you and i'm on i'm on P+, this way...

Aww I appreciate it, but I have indeed tried that. Verifying, uninstalling, reinstalling, changing ini files, deleting mods, ect.

I can't wait till a decision is made so we can countdown till we can play prim+ again.

On 4/13/2020 at 3:52 PM, Xiasra said:

I can't wait till a decision is made so we can countdown till we can play prim+ again.

Agreed. This weigh in post has been around for a while now and it would be nice for it to get some recognition of some sort. The description of the post has a handful of options listed and at this point- I would just like to know which they were leaning towards. 

I LOVE the primitive plus items and would love to see them added to the game and possibly expanded upon for the upper level tiered items at some point. It seems to be but a dream , but I still cross my fingers it will some day come to be. ?