Characters deleted due to transferring servers

gimmeaname

This was an issue last year, is it currently an issue?  I just got a new base on a Rag server and I want to move a bunch of things over from my Island server.  Can I do this without the fear of losing a level 100+ character with all tek grams and explorer notes unlocked on the Island?  I've read horror stories all over the internet so far of others losing things but that content is out dated and I haven't yet found anything in patch notes that states this issue was resolved.  If I overlooked a patch for this, please link me some proof to clear any doubts I have about doing this.  

They can't fix this. Servers crash, servers roll back, data gets corrupted. It's always a risk. 

I've played for 3+ years, and have transferred thousands of times with no loss of character. I'm probably one of the lucky ones. 

Your risk threshold will be your deciding factor here. I will say servers don't crash nearly as often as they use too but some still perform poorly and Rag seems to be a map that crashes more than most, probably due to map size and higher population.

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

I have transfered hundreds of times many times in a day. Never had any issues. But I guess the risk is always there if the destination server gets a roll back.

19 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

They can't fix this. Servers crash, servers roll back, data gets corrupted. It's always a risk. 

I've played for 3+ years, and have transferred thousands of times with no loss of character. I'm probably one of the lucky ones. 

Your risk threshold will be your deciding factor here. I will say servers don't crash nearly as often as they use too but some still perform poorly and Rag seems to be a map that crashes more than most, probably due to map size and higher population.

This. On official I used to transfer all the time. Only once did me or my friends ever lose their character, was my friend who transferred right when server got shut down for a patch.

I'd say you're fine but the risk is always there.

This is certainly interesting.  We either risk losing a character or are forced to monotonously upload items into an obelisk.  I know a while back they removed the option to be able to do boss fights from transmitters due to a glitch.  To balance the lack of that feature they should have removed the cool down time required to upload an item in Ark Data.  

12 minutes ago, gimmeaname said:

This is certainly interesting.  We either risk losing a character or are forced to monotonously upload items into an obelisk.  I know a while back they removed the option to be able to do boss fights from transmitters due to a glitch.  To balance the lack of that feature they should have removed the cool down time required to upload an item in Ark Data.  

The cool down timer was implemented to reduce duping and it worked. There are still methods but it is nowhere near how bad it was on legacy.

They have since reduced the cooldown timer from 30 minutes to 15 minutes but ironically it makes the server perform worse since it does a world save every 15 minutes causing severe lag spikes which could actually contribute to the server crashing and forcing a roll back due to too much stress on the hardware every 15 minutes, personal belief not backed in science. 

The removal of boss fights from transmitters has nothing to do with any of that and is actually more balanced since everybody has to use an ob/loot drop as opposed to some being able to comfortably run from their base, remember these balances are pvp oriented not pve oriented.

Archived