Become a GM

ango900

Ive been thinking quite a bit about this recently and I decided I would like to become a GM. Over my 2 1/2 years of ark Ive loved the game through all the hate its gotten. I see people complaining about unfair GM's and I would love the opportunity to show people that GM's can be kind and help people, I would also love to give back to this amazing community that has given me so much enjoyment out of an amazing game. All I want to know is how I could apply for the opportunity to help others as a GM.

On 3/30/2019 at 1:31 AM, ango900 said:

Ive been thinking quite a bit about this recently and I decided I would like to become a GM. Over my 2 1/2 years of ark Ive loved the game through all the hate its gotten. I see people complaining about unfair GM's and I would love the opportunity to show people that GM's can be kind and help people, I would also love to give back to this amazing community that has given me so much enjoyment out of an amazing game. All I want to know is how I could apply for the opportunity to help others as a GM.

I think you would make a Fantastic GM at Wildcard Studios. I am uncertain as to whether the job positions advertised in the link are still current because Wildcard is a poorly organised studio. Good luck.

http://www.studiowildcard.com/jobs

I believe you'll have to be active and helpful on forums first, then one day you might receive a forum message from one of the staff members like this:

Plm8EDg.png

And while you continue your commitment as a forum moderator you might raise the question of becoming GM via internal channels.
Be warned: being a GM (or in customer support in general) is not easy as there are strict policies and rules of what you can/cannot do and how to do what you are allowed to do.

Good luck.

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 5:31 AM, DarthaNyan said:

I believe you'll have to be active and helpful on forums first, then one day you might receive a forum message from one of the staff members like this:

Plm8EDg.png

And while you continue your commitment as a forum moderator you might raise the question of becoming GM via internal channels.
Be warned: being a GM (or in customer support in general) is not easy as there are strict policies and rules of what you can/cannot do and how to do what you are allowed to do.

Good luck.

Same reason I also declined forum moderatorship 

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 7:48 AM, MIsterMayhem said:

There probably are plenty of forum hopping people who have participated on this website more than myself your absolutely correct, but I have been playing the game since before legacy. I have countless hours into ark, so I understand if they use gm’s that are already developers or in house employees that’s fine, but I don’t think it would be fair to assume that somehow I would be less qualified to do something as easy as being a gm to respond to tickets on pve on the easier scale IE undermapped dinos,simple ark TOS discrepancies such as griefing ln server. I have been around the block a few times and know what’s wrong and what’s fair Play. But anyhow I was looking for a official statement from a moderator. 

You probably wont get a mod response here.. just sayin'  

Send em your resume with your prior moderatorship references on it see it it goes anywhere

On 3/29/2019 at 1:31 PM, ango900 said:

"Welcome to the team GM ango900,

Sorry for the mess, we have a lot of pending tickets to answer.

Let me show you to your station,

Right this way..."

Image result for area 51 wearhouse gif

Archived