How to deal with the (not so) op dinos

ElGorrion

So, as I mentioned in my previous post, there are some dinos in the game that the community pictures as the second coming of hitler and they only point out their strengths to make them look unbeatable or insufferable. But today I decided to point out some weaknesses of the three most hated dinos on this site and the ways you can exploit them.

Subject #1: The Tickle Chicken/Oversized Turkey (Therizinosaur): These guys are a force to be reckoned with, with a huge health and damage pool, it's health comprarable to that of a dire bear and damage even greater than that of the mighty t-rex, outstanding speed and the perserverance of a manta, it is one dino you want to avoid if you don't have a flying mount. Fortunately, it's aggro range nowadays is nothing short of small. You quite literally need to walk up to it's face to piss it off. If you are doing this on purpose to bait it into a trap, you better have upgraded your speed a lot. On the Island these bad boys spawn in the southern, southeastern, eastern and central areas, so if you plan to live here you should consider either bringing large bear traps when you go out exploring or spending quite a few of your points on speed and stamina to keep thses guys at bay.

Subject #2: Troodons: Considered by some to be the spawn of Satan, these ferocious little bastards didn't go small lengths to earn the name. With a dashing attack like a mantis, the tranquilizing capabilities of a titanoboa, the damage of a direwolf, the speed of a thylaco and the pack instinct of a raptor, you should change course as soon as you spot these little nocturnals devils... Or should you? As it turns out, they're shy. I mean that literally, if they can be spotted, they will avoid you, which explains why you see them running around like a bunch of crackheads during daylight instead of horribly ripping apart their semi-conscious prey. When night falls though, they become one of the reasons players refuse to go out of their shelters after sundown. But just because they are well hidden doesn't mean they grew balls. Should you shine a torch in their face or get a flashlight for your firearm of preference, these cowards will run back to safety in the shadows. But I guess you can't watch your back at all times, which is why you should either bring a buddy with a firearm when you go night-exploring, or upgrade your fortitude. (Preferably both) Now, most players in ark believe that fortitude means how much of a beating their armor can take, but it turns out it's how immune you are to torpidity attacks, so I see no reason why anyone shouldn't upgrade their fortitude. And finally, stimulants. Under no reason should you ever not carry stimulants with you. They'll bring your torpor down to zero in no time.

Subject #3: The King of OP (Giganotosaurus): The Giganotosaurus is a hulking, massive, and utterly terrifying beast that makes most wild animals look like squeaky toys. With a bite force strong enough to tear through polymer as if it were air, nearly two times the height of a rex, about 6 titanoboas in length, a health pool big enough to suck up dozens of shots from an ascendant shotgun like a champ, and a berserk ability that basically makes his health pool bigger over time and gives it more damage per every hit he takes, this guy could become the main antogonist in any dino movie with ease. But, he has two weaknesses. Due to his enormous size, the Giganotosaurus, or Giga as some would call him, is quite sluggish and slow, so if you upgarded your speed and stamina enough, you should be able to outrun him to the nearest herbivore (Or to the nearest tribe that has been annoying you). And his second weakness, he's proud. Because he's the biggest and meanest dino around, if you start a confrontation, he won't back down, meaning you can lure him into all sort of good traps, or you/your buddy can shoot him with rockets from your Quetz/Petranodon if you decide to eliminate the threat.

So, as you can see, no dino in the game is unbeatable or unstoppable, and there's always a way to deal with them. If you would like me to continue posting on the ways to deal with (falsely) op dinos from the game, tell me down below. I hope this was helpful to the new players.

1 hour ago, ElGorrion said:

Subject #1: The Tickle Chicken/Oversized Turkey (Therizinosaur)

These were nerfed twice (at least) - the spawn frequency and the aggro range. So there was no reason to mention them

1 hour ago, ElGorrion said:

Subject #2: Troodons

Same story with these little creatures - nerfed to the point they are obsolete: aggro range during the day allows players to literally walk past them, armor torpor resistance addition effectively reduced their prowess and fear of light is just an icing on the cake.

2 hours ago, ElGorrion said:

Subject #3: The King of OP (Giganotosaurus)

Rage mechanic is not the reason why wild Gigas are troublesome to deal with. Their Bleed (Gnashed) attack is - no dino will survive 100 seconds of fight with a wild Giga (usually much less than 100, if you account for direct damage as well) no matter how tanky they are.

2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Rage mechanic is not the reason why wild Gigas are troublesome to deal with. Their Bleed (Gnashed) attack is - no dino will survive 100 seconds of fight with a wild Giga (usually much less than 100, if you account for direct damage as well) no matter how tanky they are.

But that's not one of my points, if you can outrun it into a pack of herbivores or even just one high level tanky one you'll loose him. Not only that but he'll attack anything that even approaches his prey while he feeds, so chances are you'll have about a minute to flee, which is more than enough. Plus, I have yet to meet the dumbass that tried to take the Giga on face to face with their tame

4 hours ago, Cymas said:

Not going to lie, from the title of this post I totally thought it was going to be about pegos, seagulls and raptors and the like lol.

Gigas look slow but their stride is so huge that they are actually faster than they look, I will say that.

#1- I do not consider raptors OP (or any dino on the game really) because the reason everyone hates them (pounce) is not a big deal. Bola and trank should do the trick, and having the raptor throw you off your flying mount when you pick it up is a thing that happens once in your entire playthrough. It happens and you learn to not do it again.

#2- Seagulls and pegos, while quite annoying, aren't really OP. If you've seen my previous post, there aren't any real OP animals in the game since you are in full control and can literally delete an entire species from your map with the simple code "admincheat Destroy (Name of the dino you hate)_Character_BP_C" on the cheat bar (Unless you're on PVP). And normally a single gunshot is enough to take one out.

#3- 20 or 22 points to speed (from 105, so don't complain) is enough to outrun a wild giga, so yet again, not too troublesome. Also, you don't need to be faster than the giga, you just need to be faster than your tribemates

Archived