This is correct or there is a lack of respect, what is your opinion?

Orfew

Do you think it fair that people who bet on the success of the game with early access, are excluded from technical support after the official launch of the game? and exactly this is the policy of "thank you" that Studio Wildcard does with ARK Survival Evolved...  but let's forget the term "legacy" and "new" or "an old player" and "a new player", the fact is that both buy the game and every game has to have support this is basic and unquestionable.
With the facts there is no argument to support the contrary, if both players buy the game, they have the same right to choose which server is better to the detriment of latency. The question raised is whether it is right or wrong to refuse to give assistance to a player who has chosen to join a legacy server.

The devs planned to do a full wipe on release. The backlash from the playerbase is what created the legacy servers. Everyone wanted to keep what they had already built up instead of starting over fresh because the devs had promised they would not wipe unless absolutely necessary. So the devs gave in and created the new servers, but kept the old and renamed them legacy and stopped all support because they weren't supposed to exist in the first place. So, choose to play there at your own risk. Those servers will cease to exist altogether eventually and then everyone who's been hanging onto them for years past their original expiration date will probably wish they had just let the wipe happen to begin with. Or not, who knows.

21 minutes ago, Cymas said:

The devs planned to do a full wipe on release. The backlash from the playerbase is what created the legacy servers. Everyone wanted to keep what they had already built up instead of starting over fresh because the devs had promised they would not wipe unless absolutely necessary. So the devs gave in and created the new servers, but kept the old and renamed them legacy and stopped all support because they weren't supposed to exist in the first place. So, choose to play there at your own risk. Those servers will cease to exist altogether eventually and then everyone who's been hanging onto them for years past their original expiration date will probably wish they had just let the wipe happen to begin with. Or not, who knows.

Yep its a countdown to extinction. Legacy players have been told this for years that their servers are going to bite the dust at some point but some have stubbornly refused to budge. Well now that day has come and now they are probably regretting wasting all those hours on a dead server.

seems to me op is not happy he has no support from wc as he joined legacy not realising the implications . I can only comment on my experience of playing ark ps4 from day 1 early access and deciding to stay legacy for my own reasons , and experiencing new servers , friends and tribes that moved over and tbh both are the same . same bugs . same everything. except customer support . and we all know how good customer support is right? lol. whatever your support needs are , being on new servers is no guarantee of any support at all . we on legacy generally all get along and have learned to just get on with it when stuff happens .

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yep its a countdown to extinction. Legacy players have been told this for years that their servers are going to bite the dust at some point but some have stubbornly refused to budge. Well now that day has come and now they are probably regretting wasting all those hours on a dead server.

For the record it was stated that not all legacy servers will get wiped ? an how long till offical gets labeled legacy? I mean let's be honest dino stats on official  are close to that of legacy stats same cheats\exploits being used on offical that was used on legacy  no difference between the two really no support...

4 hours ago, Cymas said:

The only reason legacy is legacy is because of GMs mistakes not because of game release ...

14 hours ago, Orfew said:

Do you think it fair that people who bet on the success of the game with early access, are excluded from technical support after the official launch of the game? and exactly this is the policy of "thank you" that Studio Wildcard does with ARK Survival Evolved...  but let's forget the term "legacy" and "new" or "an old player" and "a new player", the fact is that both buy the game and every game has to have support this is basic and unquestionable.
With the facts there is no argument to support the contrary, if both players buy the game, they have the same right to choose which server is better to the detriment of latency. The question raised is whether it is right or wrong to refuse to give assistance to a player who has chosen to join a legacy server.

Not to echo too much on what @Cymas has already stated, but the deal was that there'd be a wipe upon full release of the game. In my personal opinion, it would've been better if they had taken that backlash and wiped to start fresh with other servers. I really do get that you feel it's annoying to have to start over, but if you had been warned the whole time, I don't think it's unfair.

Also, I highly object to your statement "that people who bet on the success of the game with early access, are excluded from technical support". You are not, in any way, excluded from supportNo player is. The servers are. So if you as a player have a problem on another server, you are by no means excluded from support on that server. This is a very important distinction.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

The Devs made a mistake caving to player crying when they created legacy.

Why was it a mistake btw? Lots of player still enjoy legacy servers hell there are some more populated than offical an way less toxic but if it makes you feel better to believe that's the reasoning  behind legacy creation so be it xDto add wc would have lost a great amount of player base was a smart move on wc behalf truly

Since you are asking for opinions, official servers are just one face of the game and not even the majority of it's user base.  they are entitled to do whatever they like with THEIR servers that nobody pays upkeep for.  You purchased a game and you have the game, it could still run and be fine if every official server was closed tomorrow.

If you ask me Wild Card should never have allowed Legacy servers to exist in the first place. They should have taken a hard stance and ruthlessly purged all the legacy servers on launch. Sure there would be a week or two of constant complaints on the forum but then the hysteria dies down and legacy folks learn to accept their fate and enjoy the game again.

Instead by allowing them to exist they have encouraged players to waste more time on a dead server which only then makes legacy players even more annoyed when its time to delete. 

2 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

Since you are asking for opinions, official servers are just one face of the game and not even the majority of it's user base.  they are entitled to do whatever they like with THEIR servers that nobody pays upkeep for.  You purchased a game and you have the game, it could still run and be fine if every official server was closed tomorrow.

U do always hav decent reasoning but i dont agree with they can do whatever they want.  We payed for the game.  That means we paid for the whole of the game which includes official servers as the standard for the game.  I expect quality for a game they hav at full price.  Frankly idc to much about what the online is because im an SP guy but i cant stand when i hear a sheep baaahing in religious support or how the company can do whatever it wants.  We paid for it, its ours.  Irl if we arnt satisfied we get our money back and if its worse then that theres lawsuits when a product doesnt do right for the customer.  This logic does not change just because its a video game, we r still paying for it especially on console where we hav to pay extra for XBL and ps+.  Truly the video game industry makes a habit of giving crappy support or quality to customers and theres been a few articles talking about it over the last few years.  Companys grab and then do bare minimum for us after which is the exact opposite of what ever other industry is allowed to do(To some degree at least, every1 cuts corners for costs).  Us expecting quality for an item we paid for is logical and wc has not right by capitalism standard to screw us in that regard.

2 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

U do always hav decent reasoning but i dont agree with they can do whatever they want.  We payed for the game.  That means we paid for the whole of the game which includes official servers as the standard for the game.  I expect quality for a game they hav at full price.  Frankly idc to much about what the online is because im an SP guy but i cant stand when i hear a sheep baaahing in religious support or how the company can do whatever it wants.  We paid for it, its ours.  Irl if we arnt satisfied we get our money back and if its worse then that theres lawsuits when a product doesnt do right for the customer.  This logic does not change just because its a video game, we r still paying for it especially on console where we hav to pay extra for XBL and ps+.  Truly the video game industry makes a habit of giving crappy support or quality to customers and theres been a few articles talking about it over the last few years.  Companys grab and then do bare minimum for us after which is the exact opposite of what ever other industry is allowed to do(To some degree at least, every1 cuts corners for costs).  Us expecting quality for an item we paid for is logical and wc has not right by capitalism standard to screw us in that regard.

I do understand how you feel but the fact is you already paid them and there was enough data to do research when you did decide to do so.. I'm not trying to be mean, honest.

1 hour ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I do understand how you feel but the fact is you already paid them and there was enough data to do research when you did decide to do so.. I'm not trying to be mean, honest.

Dont worry i kno u arnt a jerk kap.  For a lot of us tho there wer promises of improvement with more sales, full release, ect that just weren't fulfilled by wc.  We wer promised improvement and theres been some in a few areas but nothing lik was promised or that we felt would b by now.  Heck hellogames with nms is a small indy studio just like wc and nms has improved quality wise leagues more then ark has.  It comes righht down to wc being greedy and being lazy.  Theyd rather make dlc we hav to pay for then fix glaring issues with their game.  Outside of official servers theres still a prominent bug that keeps skylord from spawning which destroys the "main quest" of the island and apparently ascension still bugs sometimes and wipes ur character data.  These r issues that would b fixed even by bethesda very quickly.  I mean who would see a game as cool as ark and think the devs r gonna b such a load of crap that these bugs would never b fixed?

I have better stuff than what I had on legacy now anyways.  I'm happy we started over.  I've had so many drakes stuck down in the nests on aberration that I needed those GMs who got each and every one out... one of them 5x.  Someone pillared inside my base, GM pulled the pillars.  None of that would have happened for me on legacy.  It all would have just been a loss.

3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Actually you only paid for a license to use the software. Nowhere does it mention that servers belong into that license. Its just an extra thing. Like said before they could pull the plug tomorrow on the servers and you still would jave the license to use the software. Just not on servers anymore.

2 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Actually you only paid for a license to use the software. Nowhere does it mention that servers belong into that license. Its just an extra thing. Like said before they could pull the plug tomorrow on the servers and you still would jave the license to use the software. Just not on servers anymore.

And the software is designed for online servers, its implied, sure u can bend the morals and so on but ull also lose respect, customers, support, and depending on just how pissed off ppl get even more.  Putting all that aside tho they r still expected to deliver on fixing their crap and giving us what we wer promised.  And they arnt fixing it and sony could end up in a legal situation with wc because sonys terms r strict and wc is breaking said terms because of bugs that wc also refuses to fix.  Depending on how deep these terms go microsoft could also go against wc.  Bugs that force u to buy dlc to acquire achievements/trophies is breaking the terms sony and likely microsoft hav with wc.  In the end yes wc purposefully neglects their game and cheats the playerbase by doing so and therefore disrespects all of us by doing so.

3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Dont worry i kno u arnt a jerk kap.  For a lot of us tho there wer promises of improvement with more sales, full release, ect that just weren't fulfilled by wc.  We wer promised improvement and theres been some in a few areas but nothing lik was promised or that we felt would b by now.  Heck hellogames with nms is a small indy studio just like wc and nms has improved quality wise leagues more then ark has.  It comes righht down to wc being greedy and being lazy.  Theyd rather make dlc we hav to pay for then fix glaring issues with their game.  Outside of official servers theres still a prominent bug that keeps skylord from spawning which destroys the "main quest" of the island and apparently ascension still bugs sometimes and wipes ur character data.  These r issues that would b fixed even by bethesda very quickly.  I mean who would see a game as cool as ark and think the devs r gonna b such a load of crap that these bugs would never b fixed?

I know. and i am sad you are sad.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

And they arnt fixing it and sony could end up in a legal situation with wc because sonys terms r strict and wc is breaking said terms because of bugs that wc also refuses to fix.  Depending on how deep these terms go microsoft could also go against wc.  Bugs that force u to buy dlc to acquire achievements/trophies is breaking the terms sony and likely microsoft hav with wc.  In the end yes wc purposefully neglects their game and cheats the playerbase by doing so and therefore disrespects all of us by doing so.

Do you have any sources for this information?

10 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

And the software is designed for online servers, its implied, sure u can bend the morals and so on but ull also lose respect, customers, support, and depending on just how pissed off ppl get even more.  Putting all that aside tho they r still expected to deliver on fixing their crap and giving us what we wer promised.  And they arnt fixing it and sony could end up in a legal situation with wc because sonys terms r strict and wc is breaking said terms because of bugs that wc also refuses to fix.  Depending on how deep these terms go microsoft could also go against wc.  Bugs that force u to buy dlc to acquire achievements/trophies is breaking the terms sony and likely microsoft hav with wc.  In the end yes wc purposefully neglects their game and cheats the playerbase by doing so and therefore disrespects all of us by doing so.

But thats the thing. The software is not designed just for the online servers. It has single player and dedicated hosting on same machine. The official servers that WC is hosting is just extra service. They do not need to host them. There is plenty of unofficials servers to go around.

Nowhere in the description does it say that you will have access to officially hosted servers when purchasing software par having them hosted indefinetily. 

I know the sofware license etc written stuff is dubious but thats how the stuff goes.

Archived