Mana still vanishing in island servers

nicknjo

• 9 months later...
54 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

Are manas still glitched on the Island?

Since the Mana nerf, Ive seen people riding them and heard they arent bugged like they were. Has anyone lost any yet on The Island like before?

Yes, manas dissapearing while being ridden on island is still a thing. A tribey lost one just some weeks ago. Official PC.

It’s all about the server save.  To fly one safely,  you need to run a timer that goes off before the transfer timer resets.  You stop moving and wait for the server save to finish.

If you suspect a server save is happening and you weren’t running a timer, stop moving and open the mounts inventory.  If it says retrieving ....  then it’s a server save,  the inventory will show up after it finishes.  Then set timer for before the next save.

If you don’t set timers while riding a mana, you are playing Russian roulette.  You might win a bunch of times,  but eventually it will happen.

22 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

It’s all about the server save.  To fly one safely,  you need to run a timer that goes off before the transfer timer resets.  You stop moving and wait for the server save to finish.

If you suspect a server save is happening and you weren’t running a timer, stop moving and open the mounts inventory.  If it says retrieving ....  then it’s a server save,  the inventory will show up after it finishes.  Then set timer for before the next save.

If you don’t set timers while riding a mana, you are playing Russian roulette.  You might win a bunch of times,  but eventually it will happen.

what you say is true but it is really stupid that they still did not fix it even with all the nerfs they did at least they should have resolved this bug.

Rest is lame excuse server save bla bla they should get their poop together and fix it by now.

I def wont use a mana until they post it on patch notes and still wait atleast a week to be sure they did not break something else.

5 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Finally someone making sense, and not talking about mysterious 'lag'.

Also, another way to notice it is that the other dinos stopped moving, your stamina or oxygen meter does not deplete or that you cannot interact with things like trees, stones.

14 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

What would this have to do with anything though? Why would it specifically affect Manas but not any sea creatures you're on, other flyers, dinos, etc? Im not sure how the server save could poof a Mana.

None the less, Ive been on the mana moving when its saved and nothing happened?

4 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

What would this have to do with anything though? Why would it specifically affect Manas but not any sea creatures you're on, other flyers, dinos, etc? Im not sure how the server save could poof a Mana.

None the less, Ive been on the mana moving when its saved and nothing happened?

Because the mana moves too fast.  It shifts position too quickly,  by the time the server stops saving you may have penetrated the barrier with all your clicking .  And when the save is over the game sees you out of the boundary so it kills you and the mana.

im not completely sure it’s just the upper barrier that gets us most of the time but it could also be timing of it too.  One mana I lost  we were appearing stuck on the ground.  I was trying to jump one time and it seemed stuck to the ground,  and then death screen. 

It also could be to do with the packets that pass to the server while it’s in that game save mode.  No other animal accelerates as the mana does so the packets could either get lost or confuse the server about your position when it catches up.  

So earlier this week, I was sitting on my Mana in my base area and the server crashed. When I came back online, I was dead (Didnt notice where) and the mana was gone. No body of mine, no mana. This happened in the morning. I looked for the mana but no luck. Keep in mind I was literally sitting on it, not moving nor had I been moving for a few moments prior to this.

Later that same day, (We're talking hours later: Some time in the evening), the entire server crashed and kicked everyone offline. When it came back up, there was a small (Probably 30 mins) rollback. Magically, my Mana that vanished earlier that morning was back! It was just outside my base though.

Yesterday, an almost similar event happened: I had been using the mana all day to go around the Island. I even had been in mid-dashes during a save (Watched as I was on the mana and going completely off the map), only to have myself and the mana rubberband as high as Raptor Claus and plunge down some random spot, safely. 

Then yesterday, again, I was actually walking on the mana outside another base of mine. Not running, not flying, not dashing: walking. Crashed and got kicked offline. Came back and I was dead. this time I noticed it gave me a location in the Redwoods (Not 50,50) but a random Redwoods location. Respawned, no mana outside my base where I just had been and no corpse anywhere to be found on the map.

Later that night, as whats become the norm, the server crashed and we got a 30 min or less small rollback. This time though, I havent been able to find the mana. So I guess that mana is in fact gone for good.

All of that being said: I think the issue is one related to the server crashes and not quite a mana issue itself. Not once for hours all day did I lose the mana dashing, flying, during saves or not, etc. 

Archived