Griffin Nerf ?!

Lucraft

The Griffin was nerf ?

Hi, so that's it, I did not play Ragnarok since the release of Extinction. A few days ago, I wanted to go back to have fun.

I went to get my griffin level 11 (yes I know it's ridiculous) to go for a ride, and a few minutes later, I realized that he had much less energy than before. So, I land on a small hill south of the coast of wyverns and I am surprised by some sabertooths. They almost kill my griffin in just two strokes (they were levels 1). I tried to fight them but I realized after thirty seconds that I did not do them any damage ... I was lucky enough to go home thanks to the tracking and running.

I arrived at my base and watched his stats ... 50 HP for 2 damage !! And only 200 energies! This griffin could be killed by a dodo !!! Before Extinction, he had 600 HP, 100 damage and 2000 energy ...

So here, I would like to know if this huge nerf is normal or if it is a bug.

(Now that I think about it, maybe it could be a change in favor of Snow Owl ...)

35 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

The Griffin was nerf ?

Hi, so that's it, I did not play Ragnarok since the release of Extinction. A few days ago, I wanted to go back to have fun.

I went to get my griffin level 11 (yes I know it's ridiculous) to go for a ride, and a few minutes later, I realized that he had much less energy than before. So, I land on a small hill south of the coast of wyverns and I am surprised by some sabertooths. They almost kill my griffin in just two strokes (they were levels 1). I tried to fight them but I realized after thirty seconds that I did not do them any damage ... I was lucky enough to go home thanks to the tracking and running.

I arrived at my base and watched his stats ... 50 HP for 2 damage !! And only 200 energies! This griffin could be killed by a dodo !!! Before Extinction, he had 600 HP, 100 damage and 2000 energy ...

(Now that I think about it, maybe it could be a change in favor of Snow Owl ...)

Griffin was heavily nerfed probably a few weeks after you quit. Was awhile ago now. The base values were changed so thats why your low level griff is next to useless now :P 

16 hours ago, Lucraft said:

The Griffin was nerf ?

Yes unfortunately the annoying devs have made it so that flyers aren't uber good at everything now (until they added the Mana) I know it sux I liked the game better when I only had to tame a few creatures to be king. Its like now they actually want us to use the other 100 dinos that aren't flyers.

I made a petition ages ago to give us back our uber flyers but it's probably dead. That said you can always make a new one or use Classic Flyers mod which I believe lets you add a rocket booster to the flyer saddles for extra awesomeness. I highly recommend that mod f you love to soar like a bird and get around fast while being a killing machine as well.

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yes unfortunately the annoying devs have made it so that flyers aren't uber good at everything now (until they added the Mana) I know it sux I liked the game better when I only had to tame a few creatures to be king. Its like now they actually want us to use the other 100 dinos that aren't flyers.

I made a petition ages ago to give us back our uber flyers but it's probably dead. That said you can always make a new one or use Classic Flyers mod which I believe lets you add a rocket booster to the flyer saddles for extra awesomeness. I highly recommend that mod f you love to soar like a bird and not get around fast while being a killing machine as well.

I can not unfortunately use Classic Flyer, I play on console ... Nevertheless, thank you for your answers!

5 hours ago, DeHammer said:

They should just mod the PvP servers when PvP players whine about balance issues. Instead of trashing the game just for the sake of PvP game balance issues. 

Yea man totally agree screw balance who needs that crap in a game. What were the devs thinking when they nerfed the unbalanced flyers.

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yea man totally agree screw balance who needs that crap in a game. What were the devs thinking when they nerfed the unbalanced flyers.

I know you're being snarky to get a point across. Fliers I agree with 100%. It needed to be done. Other PVP-focused changes though..

I think the playerbase would be a lot happier if we had more different features from pvp-pve. A lot of fixes could be applied to PVP without harming PVE and a lot of QOL could be applied to PVE without harming PVP.

45 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I know you're being snarky to get a point across. Fliers I agree with 100%. It needed to be done. Other PVP-focused changes though..

I think the playerbase would be a lot happier if we had more different features from pvp-pve. A lot of fixes could be applied to PVP without harming PVE and a lot of QOL could be applied to PVE without harming PVP.

Well if that means PVE players don't get to have any input on how PVP should work then I'm 100% behind that idea.

57 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well if that means PVE players don't get to have any input on how PVP should work then I'm 100% behind that idea.

Thats the exact idea, the PVPers then dont get a say for PVE, seperate focus groups perhaps and rulesets. They would basically have to make a different server type for each mode. Wouldnt be that hard to do most through some .ini changes on either side (plus more, obviously)

12 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Unbalanced for PvP. It's not the fact they made a change, its the fact it could have been done in a much better way that didn't 'toss the baby out with the bathwater'. As you and d1nk mentioned... treating the two play types in a way that's best for each is a great idea.

Archived