Whats your favourite thing on Ark

D34DLYELIT3

18 minutes ago, D34DLYELIT3 said:

What us your fave thing?

My favourite thing about Ark is not getting meshed, My least favourite thing about Ark is getting meshed. Sucks that meshing is still such a big problem, it's sad because I really enjoy this game ever since I started a few months ago I have already put almost 500 hours into it, first time someone told me what meshing was I was like "I'm sure the devs will get on that" months later and meshing is rampant on official pvp.... SLow clap for wild card.... A slow clap for a slow dev team.

1 hour ago, HoboNation said:

My favourite thing about Ark is not getting meshed, My least favourite thing about Ark is getting meshed. Sucks that meshing is still such a big problem, it's sad because I really enjoy this game ever since I started a few months ago I have already put almost 500 hours into it, first time someone told me what meshing was I was like "I'm sure the devs will get on that" months later and meshing is rampant on official pvp.... SLow clap for wild card.... A slow clap for a slow dev team.

For goodness sake, can't these comments be kept to the relevant threads without hijacking those that don't want to be dragged into the whinging? 

I can't say what I find my favourite thing with Ark. Getting on with things as a tribe is always fun, and I love the buzz you get as a dino pops out its egg and you get to see the colour and check the stats. Chucking unwanted babies into the ocean is fun too ?

I love the social aspect of ARK and how even though Im happy to play in just a duo tribe, that the server I play on is very helpful. I may only oplay with 1 other but I can rely on at least 10 other players for new stats, advice, something to do and overall, just have some people to chat with.

So many games focus on beating people to places, resources or just putting them down but on my Official server, its the complete the opposite.

8 hours ago, D34DLYELIT3 said:

What us your fave thing?

If I have to pick one thing (there are so many), it would have to be that there are so many different activities in the game, and each of those activities can be a huge source of interest then themselves, either as solo activity or as a team. For instance: exploration, building,  taming, breeding, gathering, advancement (leveling), and for PVP - tribal wars. There's a lot of content in this game to immerse yourself in. I enjoy nearly all of them, but its the fact that I can switch from one activity to another that keeps me going and keep the game fresh. 

The biggest thing that satisfies me the most about playing Ark is finding different ways to kill Pegomastax, Microraptors, and Troodons.  Yup, after I get home from work I go hunting for those three only.  Those three species of animals have annoyed me to no end when I was a young survivor making my way up through the map.  Now that I've made it and have access to all the tools and weapons I like to find different ways of killing them.  Some times I tranq them and beat them within an inch of their life and keep them knocked out til something comes by and eats it.  I've used bear traps.  I've kitted titanboas to them.  I've set them on fire.  Sometimes I tame them, build a 1x1 greenhouse room around them and watch them starve to death.  Sometimes I just eat them with a giga too.  Depends on the day 

2 hours ago, gimmeaname said:

The biggest thing that satisfies me the most about playing Ark is finding different ways to kill Pegomastax, Microraptors, and Troodons.  Yup, after I get home from work I go hunting for those three only.  Those three species of animals have annoyed me to no end when I was a young survivor making my way up through the map.  Now that I've made it and have access to all the tools and weapons I like to find different ways of killing them.  Some times I tranq them and beat them within an inch of their life and keep them knocked out til something comes by and eats it.  I've used bear traps.  I've kitted titanboas to them.  I've set them on fire.  Sometimes I tame them, build a 1x1 greenhouse room around them and watch them starve to death.  Sometimes I just eat them with a giga too.  Depends on the day 

Don't forget the itchyornis. Left a mid tame for just a few minutes to get food today and had a pack of these guys swarming it when I came back. destroyed the taming effectiveness and ate both the kibble and narcotics in its inventory. Needless to say I went back to base for my shotgun. 

10 hours ago, gimmeaname said:

You said the T word ? ? .  Those beady little eyes peering at you from the dark before they knock you out and eat you alive. I hate Trodons with a passion.

For me the favourite part of the game is the thrill of being hunted. Nothing quite gets heart rate going like seeing a bunch of Wyverns and Pteradons diving down at random spots in the jungle trying to find you as you disappear with your newly acquired loot. Its a real thrill.

You go on some random server raid a bunch of bases and then you become a marked man and anytime someone sees you they try and give chase. In several instance I've had half a tribe chasing me around. Wyvers, Pteradons and players on Gigas trying to find me to no avail. I even had a Giga run right past me as I lay prone in a bush nearby :)

On 3/28/2019 at 6:22 AM, HoboNation said:

On ab there couple places where I fell threw the map and died because radioactive zone while your fallling threw map...   used love all events they did...

Archived