Loot Crate Issues

Onimusha759

No matter the cave i go into on the island i get exactly 1 crate.  Cavern of lost faith is supposed to hav 3 crates at a time, but im only getting 1.  Ik where the crates spawn in about every cave and only 1 spawns.  Im getting exactly 1 from lava, south water, south hunter, carno island, lost faith, and central.  On this playthru i hvnt gone to swamp, lost hope, or snow yet.  Obviously i wont even try north cave because its broken as F, has been for over a year, and nothing spawns there, not even the artifact.  The only exception was my 1st time going in lava which had 2 crates.  Every return has had only 1 crate tho.  Anyone else having this problem.

1 hour ago, MichaelRichards said:

I play on official pve and every cave has their correct artifact for me and i frequently see many crates at their correct spawns, i do not have your issues

Thats because ur on official, its well known wc fixed the skylord artifact bug long ago for their official servers only.  Every1 who isnt on official servers experience a crate and artifactless northwest cave.  I didnt use to hav this problem before with the crates only spawning 1 at a time now and before the tek cave the skylord used to spawn.  Theres many threads on here about the skylord bug.  My issue here tho is im only getting 1 crate per cave which was never an issue b4.

I play PS4 Singleplayer and have the same issue with Cavern of Lost Faith.  I’m not getting any loot crates in the Lava and Carno Island caves.  My suspicion is it has to do with building in the caves.  For lava I have bridges across gaps.  For carno island cave I built a ladder system all the way down.  

For Cavern of Lost Faith I at one time had several beds and chests built in 2 different spots, but have since removed these after noticing the lack of loot drops and Dino spawns.  I removed these items a while before Extinction was released, and am still noticing the issue.  I suspect having built in the cave at one time is permanently blocking spawns/ loot drops.

So, I feel for you.  I bet wiping the Island save will fix the issue, but that is something I’m unwilling to do and I’m sure you feel the same way.

I still make regular visits to the cave though - hoping for that elusive Rex saddle blueprint.

On our unofficial we never had any problems with any of the lootcrates or artifacts. On any maps (now weve rotated over every map except SE) 

Never checked north ice though (the one on the cliff face?) Are you local? Unofficial hosted? Dedicated?

14 minutes ago, WizardNuuk said:

I play PS4 Singleplayer and have the same issue with Cavern of Lost Faith.  I’m not getting any loot crates in the Lava and Carno Island caves.  My suspicion is it has to do with building in the caves.  For lava I have bridges across gaps.  For carno island cave I built a ladder system all the way down.  

For Cavern of Lost Faith I at one time had several beds and chests built in 2 different spots, but have since removed these after noticing the lack of loot drops and Dino spawns.  I removed these items a while before Extinction was released, and am still noticing the issue.  I suspect having built in the cave at one time is permanently blocking spawns/ loot drops.

So, I feel for you.  I bet wiping the Island save will fix the issue, but that is something I’m unwilling to do and I’m sure you feel the same way.

I still make regular visits to the cave though - hoping for that elusive Rex saddle blueprint.

This sounds related to the SP no-respawn issue with resources.. maybe try waiting at / near the crates @Onimusha759? Dont know really.

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

On our unofficial we never had any problems with any of the lootcrates or artifacts. On any maps (now weve rotated over every map except SE) 

Never checked north ice though (the one on the cliff face?) Are you local? Unofficial hosted? Dedicated?

This sounds related to the SP no-respawn issue with resources.. maybe try waiting at / near the crates @Onimusha759? Dont know really.

I hvnt built in the caves and they are spawning just 1 at a time.  The cliff cave is well known to not spawn anything and has been that way since the tek cave.  Iv restarted my island after extinction so its a relatively new save file.  Still getting that bug with cliff but im also only getting 1 crate per cave now since extinctions release.  Iv spent the last 2 irl days in the cavern of lost faith looting, it just takes 3x longer because only 1 crate is spawning instead of 3.  No matter the cave im getting only 1 crate per 9-15 in game hours.

2 hours ago, WizardNuuk said:

Im on SP but i hear dedis and unofficials also suffer this bug with the skylord artifact and loot.  The main topic of this post tho is only 1 crate is spawning at a time in these caves.  Id like to mention that i dont think structures hav to big of a radius to block crates.  I built a gate in snow cave to leav a tame on the other side of the crawl space and all the loot worked then.  That was a year ago tho.

41 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I hvnt built in the caves and they are spawning just 1 at a time.  The cliff cave is well known to not spawn anything and has been that way since the tek cave.  Iv restarted my island after extinction so its a relatively new save file.  Still getting that bug with cliff but im also only getting 1 crate per cave now since extinctions release.  Iv spent the last 2 irl days in the cavern of lost faith looting, it just takes 3x longer because only 1 crate is spawning instead of 3.  No matter the cave im getting only 1 crate per 9-15 in game hours.

Im on SP but i hear dedis and unofficials also suffer this bug with the skylord artifact and loot.  The main topic of this post tho is only 1 crate is spawning at a time in these caves.  Id like to mention that i dont think structures hav to big of a radius to block crates.  I built a gate in snow cave to leav a tame on the other side of the crawl space and all the loot worked then.  That was a year ago tho.

I wasnt meaning you built and blocked them, rather it just being similar to the respawn node glitch on SP. You say you've never seen more than one? 

Throw it in bug reports and report via report tool. Also make a reddit post asking to be fixed (constructivley) and chances are they will look into it, this is the type of glitches they seem to be fixing.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I wasnt meaning you built and blocked them, rather it just being similar to the respawn node glitch on SP. You say you've never seen more than one? 

Throw it in bug reports and report via report tool. Also make a reddit post asking to be fixed (constructivley) and chances are they will look into it, this is the type of glitches they seem to be fixing.

The building blocking was to wizard but yes in 9 out of 10 caves on the island only 1 crate spawns at a time.  The 10th cave being the skylord cave spawns no loot at all and hasnt over a year now.  Iv only noticed the problem with the other 9 since extinctions release where they only spawn 1 at a time.

Idk if theyd fix this considering they didnt fix the same thing but worse with the skylord cave.  Ppl hav been complaining about it for well over a year now and nothings been done.  Iv also resubmitted a ticket for the skylord bug since the new devs took over.  Doesnt seem to of helped.  Guess ill try tho.

• 6 months later...

I play on PC in SP and I have issues too, in most of the caves there is only 1 crate, including both water caves, excluding the Swamp and the Hard Ice Cave  that has multiple spawns, in the case of the swap there is always 3, 1 red, 1 blue 1 yellow, in the Hard Ice Cave I found several combinations, always 1 red, but sometimes 2 yellows and a blue or the other way around. On the way back almost always 2  more crates, but I think this is because the time I took to complete the cave, I use a breeded Yuty(with poor breeding line) and I took me a long time, because I have to make 3 or 4 stops to heal the yuty (force feeding) before continue, and maybe the loot crates respawns during that time. The swap cave is really easier with my (Bary/beelzebufo) and 4 dimorphs(High DPS) so I spend little time in that cave so no crate respawns while I'm in, but always 3 crates. the only cave I didn't visit so far is the another Ice cave, so I can tell anything about that.

Archived