Official Statement Regarding H.O.D Gaming and Game Exploits

Cedric

This is the sort of awkward stuff that made me quit Elder Scrolls Online. The responses to cheating were just strange and out of touch with the community. 

Basically, we're talking about a customer service issue. You have a product that is very ambitious. You're aiming for full MMO quality without a constant cash grab of crates/maps/chests/cosmetics etc. I can't say how amazing ark is and how funny it is when people complain about the money they've spent on it. It's the cheapest longterm game I have played. 

That said, your game has a lot of issues that are even worse on long running official servers with Cat Lady Deb and her 500 thylacos. You banned a supporter of the game who had ideas on how to create a fix for one of the most frustrating parts of pvp. Unbanning him is like putting a band aid on a broken leg. The leg is still broken. Offer the man a job in customer relations to run your "enforcement team". Or even just have him spend a day with you guys so we can see the work you are trying to do. He can make a YouTube video about it and his fan base will see the good heart of Ark. Then people won't feel like it's total bs when you say it's better and they say no, no it's not.

You banned him for a reason- maybe under the delusion that meshing wasn't so well known. I'm a pve'r and I climbing picked my way to hell and back by accident the other day. We can't have flubs like this or the awkward Atlas menu exposure being the main PR for Wildcard. Put on your big girl britches and give it to us straight. This statement was so cheesy I'm going to get crackers. 

10 hours ago, VamiricByNature said:

This is the sort of awkward stuff that made me quit Elder Scrolls Online. The responses to cheating were just strange and out of touch with the community. 

Basically, we're talking about a customer service issue. You have a product that is very ambitious. You're aiming for full MMO quality without a constant cash grab of crates/maps/chests/cosmetics etc. I can't say how amazing ark is and how funny it is when people complain about the money they've spent on it. It's the cheapest longterm game I have played. 

That said, your game has a lot of issues that are even worse on long running official servers with Cat Lady Deb and her 500 thylacos. You banned a supporter of the game who had ideas on how to create a fix for one of the most frustrating parts of pvp. Unbanning him is like putting a band aid on a broken leg. The leg is still broken. Offer the man a job in customer relations to run your "enforcement team". Or even just have him spend a day with you guys so we can see the work you are trying to do. He can make a YouTube video about it and his fan base will see the good heart of Ark. Then people won't feel like it's total bs when you say it's better and they say no, no it's not.

You banned him for a reason- maybe under the delusion that meshing wasn't so well known. I'm a pve'r and I climbing picked my way to hell and back by accident the other day. We can't have flubs like this or the awkward Atlas menu exposure being the main PR for Wildcard. Put on your big girl britches and give it to us straight. This statement was so cheesy I'm going to get crackers. 

Mostly agreed, but I don’t think they should give this guy any reward or special access. Now and then, they should be doing a better job at communicating with the community about what they are doing to address issues. 

Also, it doesn’t matter if they were giving the product away free. If they advertise a feature, function or capability, no matter the price or bargain, consumers of the product have every right to expect the services as they are described.

• Facepalm 1

A cordial greeting, I play in Insolate, it does not seem fair to have dedicated months for you to eliminate those servers, also if they ask me to make a move to another server, because that is very difficult since the Alphas tribes are very well positioned, I hope you consider my request not to delete the LEGACY-NA-Insolate server.
I have bought all the dlc, it is to play and not to be subject to the changes that you want to make, in this way you only show that there is no respect for us

I've been getting under mapped on extinction twice now on abb and rag and center by the same people sent tickets in a number of times nothing gets done they say we are looking into it then the next email is we solved the issue and boom there they are again just got under mapped last night and send the devs tweets with no response ever and these clowns just get to keep playing and blowing up countless hours that I've worked on my base not cheating 

The simple fact is the problem is freedom. 

Just look at PvE people have a few hundred worthless Dino's  just because they can and a base on a massive scale just because they can and yet another problem also caused by people with too much freedom is pillar spamming sometimes all you need to fix the problem is a iron fist add restrictions that will fix the lag and various other problems.

And PvP just add mass kill zones in the scenery who cares if it kills Dino's on the surface people aka cancer have been without consequences for too long maybe this will get the job done.

Or on a serious note add a few cubes in the scenery that store the player id when they come in contact and that will raise a flag to indicate further investigation then let the ban hammer loose I mean I personally prefer the iron fist method but there is plenty other methods

On 3/27/2019 at 3:15 PM, jmc08062016 said:

Code of conduct.......well why was it when my tribe put in a ticket for being blocked from building in are own base was NOTHING DONE about it....GM daze said he would look into it but NOTHING was done.and you closed the ticket.think you need to learn what your own code of conduct is. 

I put in a remove complaint about a guy on 1027 extinction 3 months ago and no one has done anything he has pillared the whole map blocked me from building, kill the tames im trying to tame trolls us in the chat. AND MORE AND THEY STILL HAVENT DONE ANYTHING, humano in extinction 1027 is ruining the fun expeirence we had. The server is so laggy that we loose our tames to falling through maps, he blocks pathways which is cod by the way and still they wont do anything

Edited by Firedg21
put the responce to quote in wrong spot

How about fixing the actual game? Dev team? You mean a bunch of money hungry ass hats, seriously cant play a day on official servers without getting raptoring meshed, build anti mesh defences and then you get wiped or banned this game is beyond a joke now seriously FIX THE raptorING MESH how hard is it to add boundary boxes in the maps? Not hard at all, how hard is it to remove a few items? Not hard at all Ark Survival Evoled should really be called Mesh Meshing Acceptable TELL ME WILDCARD when all the player population lives in the mesh what are you going to do? Ban all of us or just do what you do all ready which is raptor ALL

I am glad that the videos were posted on a high profile youtube channel, hopefully a solution will become a more urgent priority because as displayed, the techniques have been consistent for quite some time, and now a lot more people are aware of them. I can only imagine the difficulty of implementing a solution given the scale of map changes that would be needed without removing gameplay elements (I would try to make everything not in intended playable areas lava or the surface effect of daylight on aberration, not sure how much coding that would take though).

Edited by AngryShrew

On 3/31/2019 at 2:44 PM, invincibleqc said:

That is not true. Your "davetherave" account was created in 2016 and never received any restriction/suspension. Your "davetherave2017" account that was created in 2017 was banned because alternate accounts are not allowed on the forums as stated in the Community Forums Guidelines (rule #5). None of your accounts received any restriction/suspension for any of your comments regarding Wildcard. That being said, if you have any issue using the forums, please submit a Support Ticket. Moderation and forums ban should not be discussed publicly. Thanks.

Rubbish the 2 accounts have different emails.yous banned my account because of my comment.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 minutes ago, davetherave said:

Rubbish the 2 accounts have different emails.yous banned my account because of my comment.

Maybe it's because you said something that got them looking and that's why they banned you... Not necessarily because of the content of that comment, but more because you said something that drew attention to you.

Are you also admitting that they are correct, and that both accounts are indeed yours?

On 3/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, BubbaCrawfish said:

That's actually near impossible to be doing that to players, that'll be why you aren't being taken seriously in some shape or form.

To actually get someone DDoSed, the attacker would need to know their IP, and because they won't have that, it'll be an empty threat. The only way they'd end up with that, is if they put up a link in chat that people copied out to go to, that was insecure and they got the IP from the connection that was made due to this.

If they're attacking the server, that's another story.

It was the server, everyone else in the server was in my xbox party and they confirmed that they got it as well, the tribe that did it logged off shortly after as well.

On 3/27/2019 at 3:15 PM, jmc08062016 said:

Code of conduct.......well why was it when my tribe put in a ticket for being blocked from building in are own base was NOTHING DONE about it....GM daze said he would look into it but NOTHING was done.and you closed the ticket.think you need to learn what your own code of conduct is. 

Thanks issue was resolved in patch notes, if you payed attention you'd have seen

Guest BubbaCrawfish
8 hours ago, NameCannotBeBlank32 said:

It was the server, everyone else in the server was in my xbox party and they confirmed that they got it as well, the tribe that did it logged off shortly after as well.

That's not DDoSing individual players then...

On 4/3/2019 at 11:32 AM, BubbaCrawfish said:

Maybe it's because you said something that got them looking and that's why they banned you... Not necessarily because of the content of that comment, but more because you said something that drew attention to you.

Are you also admitting that they are correct, and that both accounts are indeed yours?

But how would they know both accounts are mine with 2 different emails?it could be someone else.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
29 minutes ago, davetherave said:

But how would they know both accounts are mine with 2 different emails?it could be someone else.

IPs, connecting from the same ISP, even to the point of you having one email as 'davetherave2017', connected to the other non-2017 account. There are other ways to figure out if you are the same person, such as the simple manner in which you type, and interact, along with your hours of activity.

Seriously, if you are the owner of both accounts, then you needed to read the rules as you should've done when you signed up on the forums.

If that is correct and you owned both accounts, then it's obvious that you playing victim in the 'oh it's because I said something mean' doesn't work... You saying that, just got yourself noticed, and that led to you being caught.

Just because you think you said something which was scathing and got banned after it, doesn't always mean you fell on your sword for the cause... You just popped your head up at the wrong time.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

8 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

IPs, connecting from the same ISP, even to the point of you having one email as 'davetherave2017', connected to the other non-2017 account. There are other ways to figure out if you are the same person, such as the simple manner in which you type, and interact, along with your hours of activity.

Seriously, if you are the owner of both accounts, then you needed to read the rules as you should've done when you signed up on the forums.

If that is correct and you owned both accounts, then it's obvious that you playing victim in the 'oh it's because I said something mean' doesn't work... You saying that, just got yourself noticed, and that led to you being caught.

Just because you think you said something which was scathing and got banned after it, doesn't always mean you fell on your sword for the cause... You just popped your head up at the wrong time.

No one is my friends account so they banned me with no investigation.It was  nothing to do with 2 accounts it was purely censorship

Guest BubbaCrawfish

You think it was censorship, however as I explained, you could easily be 'mistaken' for being a double account... After all, why have you got the same name format as your 'friend'...

Highly questionable, and I'll bet you used the same IPs at times. If you used the same IPs, then it's a higher chance that you're lying.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You think it was censorship, however as I explained, you could easily be 'mistaken' for being a double account... After all, why have you got the same name format as your 'friend'...

Highly questionable, and I'll bet you used the same IPs at times. If you used the same IPs, then it's a higher chance that you're lying.

No it doesn't it means that we use same modem because we are in the same room and we are both called dave and both like to rave.