Official Statement Regarding H.O.D Gaming and Game Exploits

Cedric

14 hours ago, Cedric said:

Providing a fair, fun, and safe environment for everyone is something we take very seriously here at Wildcard.  Building an enforcement team was the first step to making sure that people can enjoy ARK without fear of cheating.  Since the introduction of the enforcement team, we've noticed a considerable improvement in the overall quality of life of those playing on our official servers. In severe situations, like someone meshing or duping or spreading information related to such, our first instinct is to try and take action with the intention of preserving the integrity of our official server network.  

When someone is banned as a result of our Code of Conduct, there is an appeal process that allows for a fair review of the situation. There are always two sides to every story and we want to remain impartial and hear both. Any issue that violates our Code of Conduct is subject to a fair appeal process. When things land in the gray area, our first instinct is to do whatever is in our power to prevent abuse. Upon further review of the situation involving H.O.D Gaming, we felt that it was not deserving of a permanent ban. Videos showing exploit techniques are admittedly a gray area when it comes to enforcement, which is just one of the reasons why the appeal process exists for bans.

Several changes each patch are aimed at fixing exploits but the methods that are used are continually evolving; as such, we are always trying to improve our procedures when it comes to situations that affect the player-base.  We use these situations to take a look at our internal process and identify areas where we can do better or provide more clarification.

There are established methods for escalating exploits to the development team that exist to prevent the spread of information to the general public.  The more widely known an exploit is, the more likely it is to be exploited. In these instances you should file your report on the SurviveTheARK website.  You can find the link to report abuse or bugs under the support header.

We want to make sure that everyone can enjoy their experience on our official network and will continue to take exploit matters seriously.  As always, we value community feedback and encourage you to share it with us. Thanks for your continued support and passion for the game!

Team Wildcard

View full article

WC addresses some guy getting himself banned, but what about the actual issue of meshing? What steps are being taken to fix that? An “enforcement” team only goes so far and only does so much. What else is WC doing to prevent meshing PROACTIVELY as opposed to just reacting (occasionally) to reports of abuse in problem areas? 

Interesting. Not one reply to any concerns posted here.

The main reason I never play multi player games, especially PVP is because of cheaters. If I'm lucky I get to play any game for a couple of hours on a weekend, I certainly don't want it spoiled by cheaters. Cheaters are nothing but cowards that don't have the guts to actually live life, let alone A GAME, by the rules that most others play by. Everyone is slamming the developers for not fixing exploits and loopholes, and that is fair. But the truth is that is wasn't for cowardly cheaters they would have a need to "fix" anything.

Cheaters (cowards) will always find a way to cheat.

I'd like to point out that all they are doing is killing their game. Heres a suggestion for wildcard, dont tell us its getting better show us and make it up to everyone you've turned a blind eye on. With the state in which this game is in you might aswell make meshing allowed because everyone does it and you already do nothing about it.

I get called a “f*n racial slur (n****r)” and have my life threatened on a regular basis. I’ve submitted tickets with screenshots but nothing. Still going on. With as much stuff that’s happening in society, you’d think WC would take stuff like this far more seriously than they do. But if someone points out how the devs are perma banning ppl, they get globally banned. I guess I need to find a way to play in to your agenda. Thanks 

"Providing a fair, fun, and safe environment for everyone is something we take very seriously here at Wildcard." I submitted a ticket over 3 months ago regarding people that would dos other players on our server, an you say you take it seriously? I've received no reply on this situation. Your enforcement team is a joke. Your game is a joke. Have fun fixing this problem ;)

15 hours ago, pedobear1717 said:

''As always, we value community feedback and encourage you to share it with us.'' But if we don't agree with you YOU GET BANNED BOI

These guys were posting videos of exploit techniques to the public. These videos had no filter on who could and couldn't see them. I believe that this simply means the reason they got a temp. ban was because if those videos were seen (and they most likely WERE seen) by the wrong sort of people, then those people would use those exploits to mess with others trying to have fun on the public servers. I understand that the meshing problems need to be highlighted, but if the wrong sort of people figure out how to use them to their advantage, that could actually BREAK the servers. Coding and programming is a long process, not to mention they're pretty much doing it all from scratch. It'll probably be a bit before anything gets fixed up, and even then it'll never be perfect. All we can do is wait for those fixes to come, and if things are still amiss, then we will need to take note of those problems and report them to Wildcard so that they can try to fix them up a bit more. The player's input is a much needed one, and all of us attacking the company like this will just distract them from fixing up the problems we attack them for.

These words are evasive because you do not fulfill what you are talking about.
I have several tickets with videos proving mesh in our bases, videos proving teaming, but you take almost 1 month to answer a ticket and they do not solve.
This has been happening for about 3 years, and everything continues the same way.
Put a wall with hit kill behind the mesh and it will be solved, it is very simple, or close the support at once, because it does not work.

Unbanning HOD is cool and all, but you missed the ENTIRE POINT. (Somehow, because the whole point was fixing meshing, which you apparently banned him for.) This does NOT give you an excuse to not fix meshing, all you provided here is a copy and paste trash blanket statement so you won’t be responsible. But here’s the thing, we’re not taking your blankets anymore. Not some “were working on it” vague trash. Really? You’ve been fully, actively working on it for 3-4 years like you’ve been saying? I’ve been hearing your “working on it” trash since early access. Plus the fact there’s mods that fix meshing that have been released long ago is pathetic honestly. Nobody’s waiting anymore, you’ve already got loads of people leaving the game with more leaving daily, and they are NOT coming back (I know I’m not) until you do something as simple as copy and pasting (something we know you’re good at) someone else’s mod that fixes meshing and then your done. That’s it.

17 hours ago, Banmefortalking5 said:

Let’s be openly honest he was on single player showing the exploits of the game he has a huge following and anyone who knows hod knows he’s a clean player what would he get for cheating on a game his fans love? He would get hate less views and unsubs. He doesn’t cheat. He’s trying to inform everyone of all the new ways and items that are used to cheat. He has mentioned removing chairs and people are complaining saying they shouldn’t remove chairs because of cheaters. Do you idiots understand that half of the things used to mesh people don’t even need in the game to play? Let’s be open here, the games playerbase Has dropped a ton and every time you talk about it on ark forums you got all these wildcard defenders trying to defend them. You guys are pathetic. This game is 60$ and takes a very long time to build up and get big not to mention all your dlcs. Wildcard studio is easy the worst dev team I’ve ever come across. Chances are I’ll be banned off these forums for telling the truth. And yes hod is speaking for the community almost every ark you tuber has come out supporting him just the pve noobs complain because they don’t wanna lose the chairs they sit in. Idiots.

Wawawa is all I see in your post bro chill I play pvp and if I lost ide my chairs have 20 prisoners running around in my base lol I can live without them for sure but chairs arnt the only way ppl mesh now is it?chair hater!!!!

Edited by Lycan187u

You guys definitely DO NOT provide a fair appeal process. My entire alliance was banned several months ago during Extinction because of 'exploiting' and were not provided a clear reason as to why. All of us have played Ark for a very long time and pride ourselves on being the underdogs who take down cheaters. All of our tickets have been closed and ignored and we have not been provided a reason as to why we were banned. This is piss poor customer service and if we're paying customers we at least deserve an actual appeal process as opposed to getting ignored/deleted.

We were accused of meshing when the spot we built in was through a gaping huge hole with proper terrain and filled with wild dinosaurs that seemed like a normal part of the map. None of us have ever cheated and never intended on doing so. One person didn't like where we had built as he died to our turrets with foundations and beds which showed that he was planning to build there too..... he threatened us that he has an Ark dev friend and that he's reporting us. Within hours we were banned. There's definitely some foul play at large here and they can pick and choose who they want to ban and who gets to go free (like all the cheaters who have meshed us and got away with it)

If the spot was an issue we would have gladly moved. How were we to know if it was a problem spot, a lot of that map is broken and the terrain seemed just like any other. I understand a warning or temp ban perhaps or even an order to move which we would have honored but to just ban us and not respond to our pleas to know what we even did? Ridiculous.

Waiting for this post to be censored too.

[Edit:] Just adding because I just remembered, people who barely had anything to do with us got banned for it. Heck, even a friend of our who just purchased the game and only played for ONE HOUR was banned!!!! How's that for Welcome to Ark!

Also, the area in question was only just patched a month ago. That spot was open FOR MONTHS for innocent players to build on unsuspectingly and get banned for. That's just meshed up. 

Edited by Thanatron

Several changes each patch are aimed at fixing exploits but the methods that are used are continually evolving; as such, we are always trying to improve our procedures when it comes to situations that affect the player-base.  We use these situations to take a look at our internal process and identify areas where we can do better or provide more clarification.

No one is saying that you guys aren't doing things to prevent meshing or generally speaking exploiting and cheating. 

But honestly, the exploits the video shown exist since at least 2-3 years. I mean, at some point it should be time you actually fix those big, popular, known by most, exploits. That will slow down cheating by 60% (at least), then you can work on the next most used method. 

And I say this with no mean intention. There are mods, there are ways people who understand gaming programming suggested more than once, how to easily and quickly fix most of the blatant issues. Yet...nothing has been done. Don't take me wrong, in another 6 months there will be another youtuber/streamer/twitcher who will post a way to mesh because they got tired of being meshed...and we will all have this same discussion again and again...but meshing will still be here, worse than ever. 

"Preserving the integrity of our official network".

Hate to break it to you Cedric, but you are living in a fantasy land with this statement.  There is no integrity to be preserved, as the game is completely overrun with cheating and exploits at this point.  Your team should really be in crisis mode trying to fix these problems or your player base is going to die.

We've had three tribes quit off of our official server on console this week.  All three were meshed  resulting in a total wipe. These tribes had played on the server for months, with large well defended bases. The players responsible were taunting the entire server and openly admitting to meshing. Our tribe offered to help the meshed tribes out with supplies and tames to get back on their feet, and all three tribes refused.  Why rebuild when it is just inevitable that you will lose everything to exploits again anyway.  I can hardly blame them for quitting, and if my tribe gets meshed I know that I will be done with the game as well.

Meshing ruins the game in itself, however, its only one of the huge game breaking flaws of Ark.

Our server gets DDOS'ed almost daily.  People are selling server and player IP's on facebook.  Anyone with a computer or phone app can just casually take down your servers and make attempting to play on them a nightmare.  DDOSing is completely out of control.

Fortunately you guys made what is quite possible the best open world sandbox game available.  You can preserve and restore your player base if you start taking these issues seriously, and listen to the players.  Please fix the game.

This post is step 1.

Step 2 - Is to reach out to those who play on your official servers. The big twitch streamers and Youtubers that love official PvP be it 6 man 25 man or zerg fest. It would be great to see the meta of the game change due to input from the community. 

Step 3 - Enjoy the praise the community gives you for taking the step to reach out to the community rather than wait for it to blow up in your face.

14 hours ago, Phantomreaver said:

@Kaprosuchus   yes everyone would complain about a paid dlc that fixed the problems everyone has been reporting since the games launch...and they'd have every right to.  Your argument makes no sense. 

oh it wasn't an argument, I apologize that i was not more clear.  But since that is the part you latched onto I will state that fixing all the problems right now would take man hours to overhaul core parts of the game equivelant to a DLC and they wouldn't be getting paid for it at all.  Everyone who is going to buy ark has bought ark.  People often argue on these forums like they are paying customers when in fact all you can do is refuse to give them future money since you have already purchased the game.  Anyone who purchases the game and doesn't get what they expected, did no research before spending their money. All the information is out there for this game.

I can't wrap my mind around the level of entitlement necessary to  get angry when most people have spent 1000-20,000 hours being entertained by spending a little less than $100 dollars.