Official Statement Regarding H.O.D Gaming and Game Exploits

Cedric

the majority of these statements in response to this are gross hyperbole by people addicted to outrage, indignation, and rage.  If they dropped a DLC tomorrow called "ARK: Survival finally fixed" that fixed all the problems everyone would complain that they charged for fixes, then buy the DLC anyways.  You are all addicts and you know it.

Edited by Kaprosuchus
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, oooobushoooo said:

The fact someone has actually made a mod for you to fix meshing problems. And meshing still exists is beyond me. 

It feels like sometimes all you devs care about is pve.

pvp has a massive player base which is slowing dieing because of your failings as a dev team. 

I have countless hours in ark. I would love to be able to play on your official network again. I have made some great friends on official servers that I have even personally met IRL. I just can’t commit the hours anymore to just have it all taken away it a split second by someone cheating. 

I will not be spending a single penny on any future game associated with wild card untill this game is fixed and deeply regret the fact I spent my hard earned money on your season pass. 

You should be ashamed of yourselfs 

You think they care about PvE?!? guess again same story over here come login server TheIsland82 we crash hourly and rollbacks we lose our stuff and if we are stupid enough to transfer off and then back on without asking when the last crash was we will lose our characters. Its  Impossible to play this for to much longer in this state. we have all been submitting server crash reports since the homestead stall issue.  Right after they fixed the stalling it has been ENDLESS crashing since then. no its not just PvP we're all getting screwed.

There are established methods for escalating exploits to the development team that exist to prevent the spread of information to the general public.  The more widely known an exploit is, the more likely it is to be exploited. In these instances you should file your report on the SurviveTheARK website.  You can find the link to report abuse or bugs under the support header.

Really, because I know of SEVERAL Dozen bug reports that have been filed by myself and others I play with, and they still haven't been addressed. some of which have been reported back in Early Access!!!!

But you're missing the whole point of hod's video!!!! It was to let wildcard know that the problem STILL exists, show you how its being done and call you out for knowing  about it for a year and not fixing it!!!

Oh wait.. that is the real reason you banned him isn't it? He not only called you out for not fixing a serious problem but showed everyone just how big the problem is, and now you're embarrassed. 

Shame on you wildcard. You people really need to pull your heads out of your asses and fix your poop. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it. 

Everyone knows already how under meshing is done. He didn't show anyone anything new. Banning him over TRUTH makes you look like big babies who can't handle reality. 

Jesus!

You can say that a top priority is providing a safe, fun, and fair environment for players but your actions don’t support this. Meshing has been in your game for over a while now. I personally am mad at the fact that you guys continue to come out with TLC’s and paid DLC when you have a game that’s in the state ark is currently. You’ve made a game like no other and truely are recreating survival games as a whole. Unfortunately the teams over seeing exploits and cheats in official servers are slacking and it shows. When you have a method of meshing in the game over a year it’s time to reconsider your aproach at how you battle these exploits. I understand fixing a game requires time but you’ve had over a year. Many are in fact leaving your game because you can not effectively battle those who cheat. I personally don’t feel safe building a base and that is required to put defenses in the mesh just as I would on the physical map. But you need to come out with a hot fix a temporary ban on sleeping bags , chairs, climbing picks, etc. and the community would fully support these ideas as they know it’d be twords bettering the game. It is improvement seeing you guys coming out and recognizing there is a problem but at this point the community wants to see action. Take charge and drop all future TLC’s, DLC’s, and game modes and start putting more teams twords fixing your broken game. This would just be a start but it’d be enough to bring the community back. We don’t expect a fix over night but it’s been a year now a patch for meshing is long overdue.

Edit: The community wants a road map. We need to see future plans to better the game. Get us excited change is coming at this point I’m way more excited for meshing to be gone than a new map and three new dinos. Show us how you’re going to aproach meshing and dates you expect patches to come out. You have to see where we are coming from when your dev team has compeletly left us in the dark on this exploit that has been in the game for over a year.

Edited by Camorambo2003

I understand fixing all the maps would take a lot of time and effort, especially cause you have a small dev team. But if you guys at least banned the players who are meshing or answered tickets this problem would get much better, especially on PvP servers. I don't think you guys are on PvP servers very much, cause you seem really out of touch with the PvP player base. 

No Cedric, meshing is not a "Severe situation" It's a constant, everyday, every server situation.

We are done playing until you fix it.

Hours and hours wasted every single time we pick up and play this game, by someone in the mesh.

Waste of time.

#trash

#lies

#excuses

#bye

Edited by robbydeath

Seriously people, grow up. Stop feeling like you're entitled to an explanation. If you don't like the game, dont play. if you dont like WC, dont play. if you want to boycott the game, in solidarity with your favorite youtuber, then boycott. by all means, stand up for what you feel is right. but please, stfu about it. Do you really think that WC will crumble because you're upset? No, no it wont.  there are so many people that will love and play this game long after you've all left.  i'm not saying these exploits are something that shouldn't be addressed. Im saying that a tantrum, will get you no where. Sure, loosing chairs and climbing hooks would probably help. but not everyone wants them gone. accept that what you,  yes, you want, may not be what everyone else wants.

You lot complain about WC not responding to complaints. With the amount  of abuse that is hurled at these people (in case you forgot that the dev team are other human beings that deserve respect too), it's no wonder that most of you don't get a personal love letter from WC. Mistakes happen they're fixing it. Just because they didn't write you a detailed message about the plans they have, doesn't mean your complaint wasn't read.

Again, the entitlement is strong in the Ark community. And, while communication is important, and I feel WC should Make some changes, I don't agree that they should bend to the will of what appears to be a group of stroppy children. 

If you find yourself offended by my comment, then you probably should be. 

7 hours ago, bigbo said:

im sorry but when 6 men come out we told you about a meshing method that was so easy to do @ and you come back saying you knew about it @ it was still in the game 4 months down the line after we got meshed by it !! i have 21k hours in the game and i have seen lot of Exploits in this game..

So after the past 3 years you played 21k hours. Considering 3 years is roughly 26k hours, that leaves you 5k to sleep, eat, poop for 3 years. Something about this just doesn't add up.

The best thing would be if the devs make nothing at all if they cant fix the main problems. If they would do nothing agains meshing at all (even more less then now) the people could at least defend themselfe with turrets in the mesh... but yea wildcard will wipe your base even when a turret is to close to a wall so he can shoot into the mesh instead of fixing it.

So they leave us with a big problem, do almost nothing against it and ban or wipe people who are trying to defend themself somehow against it.

That post is filled with so many plain LIES its comical.

Your appeal process is terrible and you barely review anything at all.

Don't pretend you care about the integrity of your servers - you evidently don't or you'd have fixed exploits which have been around for 3 YEARS.

You're only making this pathetic post cause someone with some viewing power showcased how crap and terrible your team is.

Just be honest at least - just admit you've collected all the DLC $$$$ and have moved on and don't care. It's so bleeding obvious.

Edited by bob2002

Guest BubbaCrawfish
5 hours ago, Agro said:

Hey wc here's a mod that needs implemented immediately pvp parasaur

I really think that this can be abused... The maps need fixing, not mods to make changes to dinos and how they act.

Really does depend on how that mod is picking up how someone is under the base, as if it's simply checking where the foundation is and whether someone is below it, you could really exploit it in this sense.

And yes, I watched the video, but demanding that something be added immediately, is how you end up with bugs as people don't think about how it can be exploited, compared to fixing the issue that is plaguing them. By the knee-jerk implementation, often things get broken, REAL fast.