Official Statement Regarding H.O.D Gaming and Game Exploits

Cedric

This is full of crap. Just a textbook copypaste mindless corporate response to try to avoid having to actually do anything or own up to your mistakes. Nobody will accept this response and you are digging yourselves into your own graves. So many people have quit because of this whole fiasco, people who have been playing for thousands of hours and have been bringing new players to the game no longer recommend it, and your player base is dropping. I mean even on unofficial people mesh and cheat, they are just more likely to be caught. People are even quitting even though they love the game, they are just quitting and no longer supporting you just based on how badly you guys have been preforming as developers. Guess you guys dont care though do you? I mean youre owned by snailgames now, one of the most money hungry cash grabbing developers to ever exist, most of the crap theyve developed and released ended up being nothing more than a cash grab they abandoned. As long as the meshers keep buying new accounts youre all good to go financially. RIP Ark.

Edited by Jordanp1177
  • Thanks 1

"In these instances you should file your report on the SurviveTheARK website.  You can find the link to report abuse or bugs under the support header."

Over my extensive time playing this game that I love, I have filled more reports than I can count, to this day, I have had zero responses to ANY of my reports.  Why should I or anyone put faith in something that were all as community joke about?  "You can put in a ticket, but you probably won't get an answer", I have heard this said hundreds of times.  In no other game I have played have I not got at the very least a reply within 48hrs...a no reply is like a big F you. 

Shoulda left him as banned and just followed through and search yt and ban everyone posting how to mesh and vids of them meshing others. Put some fear into meshing as it stands now ppl aren’t afraid to mesh because if there’s knowbody online knowbody can prove it not to mention orbit doesn’t show names. 

So you tell us to notify you about these issues, which mostly all of us have done since console drop, and the development team was listening to us until they decided that what we were telling them and suggesting as fixes weren't what they wanted to hear nor do anything about. How about you fix the game finally and get rid of these exploits that you have been banning those trying to bring it to your attention by the only way you will listen to us. There's a glitch to where if you climb a tree on aberration and try to jump off and land on a tree sap tap that it throws you under the map and you lose everything (just found this out 4 days ago and sent in a ticket, to which I still haven't gotten a response from). You want people to stop doing what they are doing, then the development team needs to start listening to us again or learn how to code and fix what is broken!

I still just don't understand how meshing is still a thing. Make a kill barrier behind the walls of the map. Sure there might be a few glitches where a Dino dies from glitching into the map. That is something I'd much rather happen then waking up to my entire base meshed. Get rid of those items that allow meshing. It's really getting old. You guys could be making so so much more money have such a larger player base if you would just listen to your community and fix the problems of this game. We all love this game, its a one of a kind game there isn't anything that can compete with it. That is probably why you devs are so lazy. I just wish you guys would actually care about your game and your players who have put in so much time and money into your game. If you would just take the time and fix the game you guys would be making a lot more money. Along with the community would be so much bigger and everyone would just be having a better time. PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME.

This, as well as many other reasons, is why I humbly live out my days on a Nitrado hosted ps4 Ark server.  It sucks that we lost the survival side of Pvp, but me and my buddies can still fight each other if we arrange something. 

As for what some of you are suggesting, and this statement by Wild Card, there should be a much longer process of "Think" before the part where you "Speak"  Asking people to spread the word about how horrible the Ark is will do nothing but reduce the likelihood that you will see this universe known as the Ark expanded.  Private servers, or other similar arrangements, is still a great way to play this game.

Did you guys ever consider the fact that all of your desires to raid and kill each other with no remorse for how much of someones hard work you are destroying, no efforts to make a world full of peace, and no Code of Honor between you and your enemies would create an Ark as toxic as the wastelands?

I am not here to insult everyone who is commenting here or Wild Card.  I am a huge fan of this game and would like to see it grow in a good direction.  I just can't sit by and watch as everyone throws the blame on Wild Card but you all seem to forget the golden rule of Pvp servers.  DONT GET TOO ATTACHED TO ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT HAVE IT FOREVER.

RIP Server 3.  The Law will never die.

What a sorry excuse of an explanation. Team WildCard has FAILED to provide ANY solutions to fixing the mesh issues. A simple hotfix removing chairs, climbing picks and disabling crabs would have at least made it look like you guys actually care but I’m afraid you all just don’t care. 

We have been dealing with this issue and many more for YEARS! Your response is “Submit a report” “Don’t make it common knowledge.” We submit reports!!! NOTHING GETS DONE! The only common sense solution is to go PUBLIC so that way you all can no longer push it back or flat out IGNORE THE PROBLEM. 

I am so grateful that someone with a platform went public with this because if I had a platform I would have went public a year ago!

From here on out WE EXPECT CHANGES! THIS RESPONSE WONT STOP US FROM BRINGING THIS UP UNTIL SOMETHING IS DONE! We are sick of putting in countless hours for it to be meshed by some cheater!! 

(AND FOR GOD SAKES, GET WITH THE MODERN ERA OF DEVELOPMENT, MAKE A DAMN VIDEO UPDATE FROM TIME TO TIME.) 

"our first instinct is to try and take action with the intention of preserving the integrity of our official server network." has to be one of the grimiest lies ive ever seen someone from this company state LOL.  raptoring liers.   On another note:  You claim the best way to report this poop is to your website, yet tyhousands of people do every week and you do NOTHING but ignore them and make them feel like they have no voice and that you genuinely dont care whatsoever about your game or your playerbase.  But youve made the majority of the money off the game by now so its not hard to understand why you guys dont give a damn about it. 

Meshing has been such a huge issue for so long in the game that it is just not acceptable for you to keep on saying "we are aware of the issue".

Look at the modding community. There is already bunch of mods fixing meshing. Wake up!

You are saying that the best way to deal with this is to report it to you as developers yet you do nothing about it. I've been meshed few times myself and you've done literally nothing. You deserve to be exposed for being such a terrible devs.

Edited by Ratrios

I had to make an account just to say this so I hope at least one dev sees it.

I have been playing ark almost sense it came out and I thought it was the best game ever, but know a days it is so buggy and raptored that at this point I have just stoped playing it. I really do wish the best for this game but I don’t think it’s going to ever be fully fixed because as much as the devs try to fix it they just raptor it up with every DLC and new Dino that comes out. Before I quit I played official for 2 weeks and got meshed 9 times. Our tribes sent things in every time but sadly nothing. In this they talk about how you can report bugs or exploits but there are still exploits that have been in the game for over a year and somehow they can fix them? It seems the only way to get any exploits fixed it is to have a big YouTuber make a video about it but it seems like they will just get banned unless they start to see the drop in players. I can almost  guarantee you if nobody lost there poop about Hod getting banned then he would still be banned and he would never get banned. The makers of this game reminds me of salty admins on an unofficial server, and in any other game people would just stop playing but not ark. In all I really wish the best for ark, and if it dose get better then I might start playing again but right now it looks like I’m done forever. 

And to any devs that do read this I just want you to know please don’t release the new DLC until you 100% fix meshing. I know I probably don’t have the most popular opinion on that but your just going to raptor up your game even more if you do.

Sorry this was so long but I just really wanted to voice my opinion, have a good day everyone and I really do hope that the devs can finally just fix this game.

-Happy

The fact someone has actually made a mod for you to fix meshing problems. And meshing still exists is beyond me. 

It feels like sometimes all you devs care about is pve.

pvp has a massive player base which is slowing dieing because of your failings as a dev team. 

I have countless hours in ark. I would love to be able to play on your official network again. I have made some great friends on official servers that I have even personally met IRL. I just can’t commit the hours anymore to just have it all taken away it a split second by someone cheating. 

I will not be spending a single penny on any future game associated with wild card untill this game is fixed and deeply regret the fact I spent my hard earned money on your season pass. 

You should be ashamed of yourselfs 

I feel like our community is just a joke to you now. Its all about the money instead of making a beautiful functioning game. WC has constantly been lying to us from the start and any time there is a problem not being fixed they brush it under the table and release some new content to distract people. We DO NOT CARE about new content, FIX WHAT IS ALREADY THERE. I've been with this game from the start I've watched it grow for over 3 years now. First it was duplication, ddos, never having the releases out on time, now meshing and all kinds of bugs. I used to be online EVERY DAY for at least 3-5 hours. I bought all of the expansions and all the add ons. The amount of business and future customers of future games you create are being flushed down the toilet. I'm shifting my view to My Time at Portia, and Conan Exiles until you get your (inappropriate word) together. THEY LISTEN TO THEIR COMMUNITY. WITHOUT US YOU ARE NOTHING. Remember that. 

Edited by LadyJinyxx

Ok you want to remain impartial and hear both sides to the story....yet you immediatly ban him without warning and only decide to address the issue after fan outcry.....riiigggghhhtt.

By the way quit adding new broken crap to the game and for the love of god FIX WHAT IS ALREADY THERE, and start actually paying attention to bug reports.