What is the Mid-Game Goal

theblaze3104

I am level 52, I live in a tree base next to the huge hill with metal deposits in the redwood, i have 6 raptors, varying from level 53 to 12, a trike, a para, a ptera, and i had an aklyo. I have a fabricator and im getting electricity right now.

I play on a PS4 on single player on the island and i do split screen with my brother.

What do I do now? I am still upgrading but i feel like there is a greater goal that i should be pursuing.

I'd say you've finally gotten past that initial building up stage. Congrats! This is where the real fun begins.

You can start thinking about the caves on the island that hold plenty of loot. One is deep in the ocean, one is in the swamp, another is in the north and another one is in the south. Id suggest starting with the south one, but make sure you are prepared...those raptors can fit in those caves nicely. These caves can be challenging so they should keep you occupied for awhile.

Another option is to get into breeding or taming the larger carnivores. Some are going to be easy to find and tame like the classic t-rex but there are a few rare species out there that you will need to go on a hunt for. If you go the breeding route then be prepared to gather a lot of meat. 

If you like building then you can consider going for an argentavis or quetzal, which will greatly improve your gathering ability so that you can make giant mega bases.

Of course you can always just grab a few tames and go out on an adventure as well. My tribe and I use to go out on our sabertooths and just see what the day would bring, it was actually a lot of fun. We ran into things like alpha dinos, sometimes we would detour for a cave run, find something need to tame etc...

Honestly if I was in your shoes I would probably go for a few high level argies for gathering and start building an optimized breeding station. A bit biased because breeding is one of my favorite activities, but for good reason. Really though the greater goal of the game, without saying things like *its a sandbox, you make the goal* would be to fight all of the bosses on the hardest difficulty and then take down the final overseer boss. But if you go that route, then you have one hell of an adventure ahead of you. Good luck!

Generally the midgame is about grinding toward the endgame.

In your case I would be adding utility tames since you don't seem to have too much. It makes gathering resources a lot easier. By that level you'll want at least another anky (since you say had I assume you lost it), a mammoth and a doedicurus. You'll be able to make an argent saddle in 10 levels so maybe think about grabbing a couple of them in advance of that.

I would actually advise against getting into breeding too much yet since it requires a lot of set up and imo it's more of an endgame thing. You can if you want to of course, but there are just so many other things to do too.

3 minutes ago, theblaze3104 said:

Ok, i think i'll try the boss route. But what/where are the bosses. And an overseer?

Ok so the bosses are at each of the obelisks (those giant floating towers) and to summon each boss you will need at minimum one of each artifact that you collect from the caves. To fight the harder varients you will need a few other items you will need a few other items but the obelisks will tell you what those are. The overseer is the final boss that you can only fight after defeating all the other bosses. 

There sadly isn't much of a midgame, if you are looking at ARK from a progression standpoint.  Once you figure out taming (early-game), if you are all about progression you go right to end-game tame hunting.  Most of them are carnivores so they can be mutton-tamed with a decent level of efficiency.  Caves can arguably be called mid-game but it doesn't take nearly as much to get propped up to run caves as it does to figure out the basics of ARK (early-game: building, taming, surviving in general) or boss squad breeding (end-game: boss-kills, ascension).

1 minute ago, theblaze3104 said:

Ok so ill try to find artifacts in the caves, and then summon bosses. First im gonna get some more utility tames, and then start on the boss route. Also, i found a shrine or something in the volcano and i need a ton of boss trophies for it. Is that the overseer?

Yep you found it ? Good luck man!

Fridge is God. 

With the fridge you have an easy no hassle way of storing eggs to create kibble. Using said kibble you can tame bigger and better dinos to help you tame, breed, mine, build faster. Level 53 raptor? How about a level 150 tamed with kibble! Or 150 ankylo! Or even a rex! 

If you haven't already I would highly recommend dodo dex and sa companion for your mobile phone to check which kibble you need for which dino and other recipes. 

In no real order 

Grind levels.

Aim for industrial forge, chem bench and industrial cooker.

Tame at highest level possible. Doed, ankylo, trike,mammoth. For building resources 

A high level argie. At least 120. Preferably with kibble will change your life. They can carry an anklyo with it's grab and half the weight of many resources in its inventory. 

Taming stuff for the eggs to make different kibble. Check dodo dex for egg sizes. This matters alot. 

After that it starts snow balling into the late game of breeding. Where your an idiot like me and raise way several gigas at a time lol 

midgame is to build a large base usually box like in shape then get all the industrial equipment

tame all creatures on the map just for ur collection but also to set up a egg farm

build a hatchery inside the large box base

maybe build a large water pen too but it depends on the map

get turrets and plant turrets set up around your base usually 

build a few vaults and fill it with metal and weapons

Beach Bob - first flier - eggers - big ass kicking tame - secure base - kibble tamed farmers - electricity - more tamed farmers - breed farm dinos - start collecting materials - industrial equipment - boss hunting (tames, artifacts, tributes) - endgame farming (tek) 

Small thrown together progression chart. The middle is all up to interpritation, some like to breed,some like to build / have fun but ultimatley you end up at the same endgame goal - bosses. Being a sandbox game you dont really need to follown progression but in the end you WILL need good bred rexs or Theriz. Pick.up a few Megatherium for Broodmother 

3 hours ago, PapaOtter said:

Fridge is God. 

With the fridge you have an easy no hassle way of storing eggs to create kibble. Using said kibble you can tame bigger and better dinos to help you tame, breed, mine, build faster. Level 53 raptor? How about a level 150 tamed with kibble! Or 150 ankylo! Or even a rex! 

If you haven't already I would highly recommend dodo dex and sa companion for your mobile phone to check which kibble you need for which dino and other recipes. 

In no real order 

Grind levels.

Aim for industrial forge, chem bench and industrial cooker.

Tame at highest level possible. Doed, ankylo, trike,mammoth. For building resources 

A high level argie. At least 120. Preferably with kibble will change your life. They can carry an anklyo with it's grab and half the weight of many resources in its inventory. 

Taming stuff for the eggs to make different kibble. Check dodo dex for egg sizes. This matters alot. 

After that it starts snow balling into the late game of breeding. Where your an idiot like me and raise way several gigas at a time lol 

What's the trike for?

Archived