Natehawk

14 minutes ago, Leebum said:

WRONG. The game is not nothing but meshing and duping. I play unofficial and its all good on there. 

Why do you and a lot of other players make such nonsensical statements. I know it could be taken as a hyperbole but why not use accurate statements of fact rather than exaggerated, childish like statements. (i am not talking just about you Swicky23)

"Games are only 0's and 1's!"

Whilst that as an example is true it is also not true as a game is more than just the code and more than just the visual.

Im off to bed and I think i have had my fill of H.O.D related matters for one day xD

I also would like to point out that for someone who "doesnt or have never " meshed he knows a lot about it. And just because someone says they have not done something does not mean they have not. Most humans will lie to clear their name or make others look bad such as in this case.

He deserved the ban and he should learn from it rather than try and fight against a games company. 

Bro go look on server 23 small tribes every single base is in the mesh its a mesh or be meshed world rn beacuse wildcard wont fix there crappy game 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lack of nuance in this thread is pretty hilarious. People giving their opinion on what HOD was trying to accomplish when they didn't even watch the vid? ugh...

Let's assume that HOD was banned for his meshing video, just because it simplifies things for arguments sake.

It's totally possible to break the rules, deserve punishment, and yet have had good intentions. HOD was trying to stir poop up to fix obviously broken things and WC was banning a player for showing hoardes of other players how to cheat.

Is it possible to remove all methods of meshing? Probably not. Does that mean we shouldn't try to remove as many methods as possible and make the remaining ones as hard as possible?

HOD made a list at the end. Some might not be feasible, but others are so simple with negligible consequences. The chair helps with meshing, a fact. Does it do anything else...not really. Kill it. Cryoing a crab while it's holding a player, fixable. Limit building support on racers, doable. Sleeping bags in enemy radius, doable.

People said things like "this video showed us nothing new" and "the devs have known about this for ages" and yet, why no fixes for SIMPLE things. You'll notice he didn't say, go around the map inch by inch and look for mistakes. He said remove the chair from the game...

14 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The guy made a video that was basically a noob's guide to cheating and then filmed himself meshing on an Xbox Official Server. 100% guilty and deserving of the ban.

The things people will sink to these days just to get a few subs/viewers on their videos...….

a) He doesn't play on Xbox

b) He was doing it on unofficial servers only.

11 hours ago, SCEDeadeye said:

first off the code of conduct is full of lies and contradicting stuff. 

these blanket Bans are so unethical.  Banning 200 accounts for one person cheating is just wrong. Trying to justify these bans because it benefits a whole tribe??????? OMG that's a $60 game you just ban somebody for not even knowing what's going on when it's somebody else cheats. 

whenever the ark developers get off their high horse and address cheating in a real way instead of these blanket bans the game is lost.

No it makes perfect sense because a lot of tribes have in the past and would continue to do, make use of cheaters to win them battles. If you let cheaters in your tribe your tribe is gaining an unfair advantage ie the tribe as a whole is cheating and therefore bans are well deserved.

8 hours ago, Novawiz00 said:

Interesting. It seems most of the name calling is coming from those who are bitter with HOD. 

Hardly. I've seen a few of his videos he comes as a fairly average PVP player with a bunch of slaves/fanboys that farm for him. In most of his "raid" videos the base owner isn't even online. In other videos he completely exaggerates his skills in the title take for instance the video titled "Schooner sinks Galleon". If you actually the video you will see he has his gang with 8 Schooners attacking a single Galleon. Nothing but clickbait.

13 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

He was promoting cheating and I am sure there is something in the Eula that would cover his specific case.

You obviously have some sort of bug up your ass regarding HOD based on the amount of post's you have in the first 2-3 pages alone.

To point out the obvious about 1/4 of the population is utilizing these cheats already to ruin everyone else's time.  Advertising them only gives everyone else an idea of how prolific this problem is and perhaps better tools to defend themselves.  If they then go and mesh the meshers (which I suspect you are one of) then good.  raptor those cheating dippoops.

There are only 2 reasons why they haven't fixed this yet:

1) Laziness

2) They can't

Honestly, I hope it's the later, because I think that reflects slightly better on them, but if it is they should come clean and cease development on any new DLC.  I can only conclude that they are just trying to ignore the problem to ship another DLC before abandoning ship for a new project.

I for one won't be spending another cent on Ark unless the unban HOD.  If they don't it only really confirms the above.

4 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Hardly. I've seen a few of his videos he comes as a fairly average PVP player with a bunch of slaves/fanboys that farm for him. In most of his "raid" videos the base owner isn't even online. In other videos he completely exaggerates his skills in the title take for instance the video titled "Schooner sinks Galleon". If you actually the video you will see he has his gang with 8 Schooners attacking a single Galleon. Nothing but clickbait.

You have some serious issues with HOD. You are taking most of this way too personal. 

What does HOD gain from this video and getting banned? Most of his 187k subs are there to watch him play Ark. If he can’t play then how does he entertain his viewers? 

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Guys. We have tolerated this thread so far even tho it clearly goes against the Community Forums Guidelines (rule #3) stating that bans should not be discussed publicly. If this continues to be people fighting instead of having a civil discussion then it will be closed.

That being said, here is my opinion on the situation. I personally think people are quick to jump to conclusions. How do you guys even know he was banned for that video and not for something else that he did when his recording was off? Because he said so? Easy to play the victim card when the timing is right. The reality is that we don't know and won't know the full story because Wildcard policy is to not discuss enforcement actions publicly. If that guy want details or appeal his ban, then he should submit a support ticket. Creating more videos on this indicates me he is trying to milk the situation for quick ads money.

I know him well and have hundreds of hours playing with him.  There's no way he's done anything to warrant it, especially as he's been a vocal critic of the unbalanced nature of the game and it's available cheats and it's frankly disgusting to suggest (as a moderator) that he may have.

Put up or shut up.

5 minutes ago, Smash said:

You obviously have some sort of bug up your ass regarding HOD based on the amount of post's you have in the first 2-3 pages alone.

To point out the obvious about 1/4 of the population is utilizing these cheats already to ruin everyone else's time.  Advertising them only gives everyone else an idea of how prolific this problem is and perhaps better tools to defend themselves.  If they then go and mesh the meshers (which I suspect you are one of) then good.  raptor those cheating dippoops.

There are only 2 reasons why they haven't fixed this yet:

1) Laziness

2) They can't

Honestly, I hope it's the later, because I think that reflects slightly better on them, but if it is they should come clean and cease development on any new DLC.  I can only conclude that they are just trying to ignore the problem to ship another DLC before abandoning ship for a new project.

I for one won't be spending another cent on Ark unless the unban HOD.  If they don't it only really confirms the above.

Making a guide on how to cheat does nothing but merely increase the amount of cheaters in circulation. None of these things in the video are new, just about  anyone who plays PVP has at least a basic understanding of how to mesh. The video was made purely to up his subs and viewer count, the guy is desperate for viewers since his numbers have been dropping.

5 minutes ago, Smash said:

I know him well and have hundreds of hours playing with him.  There's no way he's done anything to warrant it, especially as he's been a vocal critic of the unbalanced nature of the game and it's available cheats and it's frankly disgusting to suggest (as a moderator) that he may have.

Put up or shut up.

The law must apply to all equally. Just because he is some minor streamer with a bunch of rapid vocal fanboys does not mean he should be unbanned. 

6 minutes ago, Novawiz00 said:

You have some serious issues with HOD. You are taking most of this way too personal. 

What does HOD gain from this video and getting banned? Most of his 187k subs are there to watch him play Ark. If he can’t play then how does he entertain his viewers? 

I have nothing against him. I am just pointing out that like many streamers he is an average player that exaggerates to the extreme and has a flock of blind fanboys who he's directed to go on here and try and get him unbanned.

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I have nothing against him. I am just pointing out that like many streamers he is an average player that exaggerates to the extreme and has a flock of blind fanboys who he's directed to go on here and try and get him unbanned.

I don’t know man you seem very bitter about HOD. Did he wipe you and your tribe or something? 

His video basically showed how people are using items within the game to exploit holes in the game that the devs created. If the devs were a little more through with developing their game maybe this wouldn’t be a problem. 

Just now, Novawiz00 said:

I don’t know man you seem very bitter about HOD. Did he wipe you and your tribe or something? 

His video basically showed how people are using items within the game to exploit holes in the game that the devs created. If the devs were a little more through with developing their game maybe this wouldn’t be a problem. 

His video shows nothing new. Have you been living under a rock for the past 3 years? His fanbase strikes me pretty naïve if they think this is ground breaking information.

2 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Of course it is cheating. Its textbook cheating.

I get where you are coming from, I'm on the fence myself about whether it should have been posted or not but here is where I draw the line. I truly believe the video was posted to improve the game and push the devs to take action. I also believe that the ban was not for exposing the exploit but rather because the devs didn't like being challenged or pushed to take action. Therefore I'm team hod all the way.

6 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

I get where you are coming from, I'm on the fence myself about whether it should have been posted or not but here is where I draw the line. I truly believe the video was posted to improve the game and push the devs to take action. I also believe that the ban was not for exposing the exploit but rather because the devs didn't like being challenged or pushed to take action. Therefore I'm team hod all the way.

The problem is firstly showing a how to cheat video just exacerbates the problem. Secondly he hasn't show anything that is new. So by making this video Wild Card learns nothing new and new players learn how to cheat. It is just plain bad this video.

Archived