Natehawk

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scuff3d said:

Fishing for viewers? He has 150k subscribers. He just got wiped from meshers a few days ago so he released this. I can’t blame him; maybe if everyone is meshing wildcard will actually do something about it

38 minutes ago, SlipperySalmon said:

Get your facts straight WC Fanboy.  They meshed through the back of his underwater cave and destroyed the tek gen,  they destroyed a few vaults and killed one or two dinos.  Most of the base remained in tack.  I don't like people who spout off without knowing the case.

i went off the other person saying he was 'wiped' - i dont really care if he did or not the end result is he SHOWED HOW TO mesh.

AND trust me i am no 'fanboy' of WC i like ark but the devs and company are far from me been a fan of them since bugs that where in beta STILL exist ..... so plz take a chill pill hod fanboy .. he broke the rules he got hit with the banhammer its WC game u play by their rules but if u break them AND get caught dont whine when u pay the price ....

Yes, that right, developers. You are pathetic.

You are banning H.O.D. instead of listening to his advice. He tried to help you, YOUR game so many times and you just ignored him.
Same with Kishko, he made many videos how to improve your game. you had no money in it.
Remember GetJacked? Yes, you banned him too, because of your "not giving a crap".

And countless more we don't even know about.

But that was always your way to do it. You just silenced anyone who criticized your game from day 1.
Nothing changed since then. You could make an awesome game, this game had so much potential to be even much better.

You were way too busy making another crappy game that no one plays anymore, the modded ARK pirate game. You got your money from it. Good for you.
You are among the worst developers I have ever known in my gaming history. I really wish you have the worst coming in your life careers. You deserve it.

35 minutes ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

He didn't even "encourage" people to cheat. He didn't specifically say that more people should mesh, he merely pointed out how to mesh in singleplayer. You're so biased dude, seriously look at what you're saying.

His message wasn’t to encourage people to cheat but people still will. That’s the point!

As I pointed out earlier:

“This shop needs to improve its security. Let’s publicly broadcast a video of how easy it is to rob them. People will put pressure on the shop owners to improve their security, and it definitely won’t encourage bad people to consider robbing them.”

Just because people have good intentions, doesn’t mean everyone else will view it the same.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

His message wasn’t to encourage people to cheat but people still will. That’s the point!

As I pointed out earlier:

“This shop needs to improve its security. Let’s publicly broadcast a video of how easy it is to rob them. People will put pressure on the shop owners to improve their security, and it definitely won’t encourage bad people to consider robbing them.”

Just because people have good intentions, doesn’t mean everyone else will view it the same.

Your argument is terrible.

"His message wasn't to encourage people to cheat but people still will"

Okay, let me give you an example of what you're doing. Let's say I'm claiming that someone is encouraging MURDERING other people. After someone points out that the person I'm criticizing isn't actually encouraging murder, I just say "well.. WELL MURDER WILL STILL HAPPEN! THATS THE POINT"

What the heck does that have to do with it? Thats literally a complete dodge. Just beacuse people will still cheat, or will still murder has NOTHING to do with the claim of someone encouraging this behavior.

Secondly, just about any kind of video can encourage behavior unintentionally. By your own logic, self defense videos where a guy is teaching people how to conceal guns is also encouraging you to rob or kill people with guns.

"Just because people have good intentions, doesn't mean everyone else will view it the same." Yeah, no crap. Nobody denies that, and it does nothing for your argument. Just because Some people can take something in a way that the creator didn't intend for it to be taken, doesn't somehow mean the creator shouldn't have made the thing in the first place. 

1 hour ago, ToXiN said:

Yes, that right, developers. You are pathetic.

You are banning H.O.D. instead of listening to his advice. He tried to help you, YOUR game so many times and you just ignored him.
Same with Kishko, he made many videos how to improve your game. you had no money in it.
Remember GetJacked? Yes, you banned him too, because of your "not giving a crap".

And countless more we don't even know about.

But that was always your way to do it. You just silenced anyone who criticized your game from day 1.
Nothing changed since then. You could make an awesome game, this game had so much potential to be even much better.

You were way too busy making another crappy game that no one plays anymore, the modded ARK pirate game. You got your money from it. Good for you.
You are among the worst developers I have ever known in my gaming history. I really wish you have the worst coming in your life careers. You deserve it.

Oh come on. This is exactly what HOD wants, he is playing WildCard at the moment, the forums and reddit are a blaze with the issue. He must have knowing that the video would get him banned, theres no way it wouldnt. Thats the entire plan. A popular Ark Official PvP who is critical of WC and vocal about the problems of meshing on official has tried in the past for change with a petition about climbing picks. Obviously that failed. Posts a guide on how to mesh on youtube which at the very least will 'expose' how easy it is to mesh and will certainly result in a ban and as soon as that happen it creates an uproar from his followers, who then flock to the forums and reddit demanding change put pressure on WC. Rinse repeat and apply more pressure.

Its a smart move,  it certainly gets people talking about the issue. I dont agree with the course of action considering how well known this issue is. I feel its definatly a wee bit irresponsible if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Nope pvp;) we build accordingly  to prevent being meshed...

The fact that you have to concider being meshed is a thing is disgusting in a 60$ game.. Its like playing any fps game kowing that your opponent has wall hacks.. Lol... And trust me no base spot is safe.. I never meshed in my life but give me your base location and it will be gone by the next time you log in..

7 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

*Munches popcorn*

And to think I was wanting a distraction from the never ending pile of job applications that I should be filling out faster and also from the political shenanigans on various news websites. 

Do we really need like 10 separate topics discussing the same thing ? 

the forums would die if we didn't have 10 topics every day on the same thing, i mean what would we read if not "FIX KIBBLE IT'S BROKEN RUINS SINGLE PLAYER PROGRESSION" or the like.  I've just started making canned responses, it works in call center work.

11 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh come on. This is exactly what HOD wants, he is playing WildCard at the moment, the forums and reddit are a blaze with the issue. He must have knowing that the video would get him banned, theres no way it wouldnt. Thats the entire plan. A popular Ark Official PvP who is critical of WC and vocal about the problems of meshing on official has tried in the past for change with a petition about climbing picks. Obviously that failed. Posts a guide on how to mesh on youtube which at the very least will 'expose' how easy it is to mesh and will certainly result in a ban and as soon as that happen it creates an uproar from his followers, who then flock to the forums and reddit demanding change put pressure on WC. Rinse repeat and apply more pressure.

Its a smart move,  it certainly gets people talking about the issue. I dont agree with the course of action considering how well known this issue is. I feel its definatly a wee bit irresponsible if you ask me.

I’m confused as to what you are against? Are you mad that HOD may gain more subs? Or that something like this could possibly get WC to fix their game? 

I play on a cluster server where there are people who cant play on extinction. They paid for it but can’t play on it because of WC. Should they just accept losing out on that money? 

9 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The guy made a video that was basically a noob's guide to cheating and then filmed himself meshing on an Xbox Official Server. 100% guilty and deserving of the ban.

The things people will sink to these days just to get a few subs/viewers on their videos...….

i remember your name ingame as a mesher so i am not surprised that you are supporting the ban...

36 minutes ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Your argument is terrible.

"His message wasn't to encourage people to cheat but people still will"

Okay, let me give you an example of what you're doing. Let's say I'm claiming that someone is encouraging MURDERING other people. After someone points out that the person I'm criticizing isn't actually encouraging murder, I just say "well.. WELL MURDER WILL STILL HAPPEN! THATS THE POINT"

What the heck does that have to do with it? Thats literally a complete dodge. Just beacuse people will still cheat, or will still murder has NOTHING to do with the claim of someone encouraging this behavior.

Secondly, just about any kind of video can encourage behavior unintentionally. By your own logic, self defense videos where a guy is teaching people how to conceal guns is also encouraging you to rob or kill people with guns.

"Just because people have good intentions, doesn't mean everyone else will view it the same." Yeah, no crap. Nobody denies that, and it does nothing for your argument. Just because Some people can take something in a way that the creator didn't intend for it to be taken, doesn't somehow mean the creator shouldn't have made the thing in the first place. 

You think I have a terrible argument but make judgements based on your feelings, not sense. You claim I’m biased but have nothing to base it on. There is no point arguing with someone who can’t see the damage this video causes. I’ll take my leave.

1 minute ago, SaltyMonkey said:

You think I have a terrible argument but make judgements based on your feelings, not sense. You claim I’m biased but have nothing to base it on. There is no point arguing with someone who can’t see the damage this video causes. I’ll take my leave.

thats the point love... Some times people need to show tough love towards the game.. The more people get meshed the faster its gona get fixed of the game will die.. Both thing works

5 minutes ago, Novawiz00 said:

I’m confused as to what you are against? Are you mad that HOD may gain more subs? Or that something like this could possibly get WC to fix their game? 

I play on a cluster server where there are people who cant play on extinction. They paid for it but can’t play on it because of WC. Should they just accept losing out on that money? 

Tbh I am not really against anything. I couldnt care less if HOD gains or losses subs out of this. Why would I be mad if a course of action somehow magics WildCard into producing the magic bullet to one off the biggest problems of the game from a PvP perspective ? I feel that if meshing was as simple fix as HOD suggests it would have solved by now. Overall I feel it was the wrong and irresponsible move by HOD, no doubt alot of people will take this new found knowledge on how to mesh and it will back fire resulting in more people meshing.

7 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Here's an argument for you. If a few people mesh then the problem most likely will never be resolved, but it is a huuuuuuge unfair advantage to tribes, who only need one mesher to wipe out a rival tribe. Sure the video got out, now everybody knows how to do it, but that will force WildCard to act.

He is guilty of no crime as the footage he used was not on the official servers. He simply talked about the massive issue meshing is on official servers and showed how scarily easy it is. Should he really get punished for this? I don't think so. HOD is simply guilty for exposing the truth. This video shows Wildcards negligence and makes them look bad so they banned him as an emotional response. The people who defend his ban are missing the point of the whole video. The more people that know how to exploit the mesh means the louder this community will become. It's pretty clear that they have seen the video and their response was to ban HOD. How about they try to actually fix their game by removing mechanics which promote meshing? How about they fix the holes in their maps??? This all is absolutely ridiculous and if Wildcard knew what they were doing it would have got fixed a long time ago. The state of ark, its developers and community is so incredibly pathetic.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Blanket statement, provide evidence. I don't have telepathy, but I'm guessing you left because you realized how dumb what you just said sounds.

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ok Ill save you the effort then, they are plugging the holes.

And in the meantime they are adding content that also adds to unstable servers. My point is that I don't think they have enough of their team focused on fixing the issue if they still have time to produce more content. Exploits should always take priority and now with hods video, maybe they finally will receive more priority. Only time will tell.

Archived