Natehawk

18 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

So, I don’t have any strong take on this guy being banned or unbanned. I truly am in the middle on this issue. However, they didn’t ban him from YouTube. He was banned from Ark. Whether or not you or I agree with it, if you do something they have identified as destructive to their game or is against their established and disclosed policies they can ban you if it is directly associated with the account that you use to access their product.

Yes that is a given cause like I said, they don't operate youtube they can't touch anything on there. And according to their own policies they cannot ban people for whatever they deem fit, they would have to blatantly ignore their own rules to do so. This is the relevant section from their code of conduct for this situation.

Benefit Hacking/Exploiting, Tribes, Alliances, and teaming up.

When playing on our Official Network, players must ensure that they are not taking advantage of hacking exploits and unfair play. Do not under any circumstances allow hackers to join your tribe, alliance, or party up alongside you within the game. It is your responsibility to remove them or yourself from the tribe. If you witness someone breaking the rules through the use of a game exploit, or a third party program (such as ESP or AIMBOT) ensure that you isolate yourself from those users and are not playing with or alongside them to avoid breaching our code of conduct.

Hack related chat

There should be no discussions in game or on our official sites regarding hacks, including access to cheats, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized.

Wasn't done on official servers so that first section is irrelevant and was posted on youtube which is not an Ark official site so the second section doesn't apply either.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Anarki said:

Wasnt aware that this topic was still going... TL,DR... anyone with 48hrs worth of summary?

Tldr

Some people still think HOD was wrong, they agree meshing needs to get fixed but not like this.

Some people think HOD is god and are attacking anyone with an opposite opinion.

Some guy keeps *trolling* 

Been some good talks about the subject but 10x more crap. 

On 3/26/2019 at 8:24 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

They have been going around patching holes in maps where they are found but they still have no general solution to the problem only bandaids.

I’ve been reading through your comments and somethings starting to become apparent to me. Did you even watch HOD’s videos? He offers fixes for what he shows and does not support using these tactics. The devs don’t listen to people unless the problems are published.

2 hours ago, BecomingMegapithicus said:

I’ve been reading through your comments and somethings starting to become apparent to me. Did you even watch HOD’s videos? He offers fixes for what he shows and does not support using these tactics. The devs don’t listen to people unless the problems are published.

Yes I watched his How To Cheat Guide. His "suggestions" were very simplistic and laughable to say the least. The advice he gave amounted to basically telling the developers to delete a bunch of very useful items from the game which is just ridiculous and wouldn't actually solve the problem. 

Please refer to above video link to H.O.D Gaming site on YouTube. Video is titled "EASY FAST BASE START - ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED (OFFICIAL 6 MAN) EP.1 with 74k views made 2 weeks ago. It is the 7th video from his most current video titled, "POOR RESPONSE TIME FROM THE MESH POLICE (PART 3) - Ark: with 79k views made 3 days ago.

Since H.O.D Gaming is now kind of like a public figure, I'm watching his videos for entertainment purposes and have discovered a few anomalies.

This is for Official PVP on the Island, his most recent base which he built.

For his base location, H.O.D Gaming decides to build on the Island, in an underwater cave which spawns resources with his friend Priest.

At 5.25 in the video, his friend Priest after looking around proceeds to tell him that Wildcard Studios has in fact fixed a lot of mesh spots in this underwater cave because this underwater cave was an extremely high meshing spot

H.O.D Gaming still decides to build there. I don't understand why you would do that. It's one of the worst locations to build because of the meshing and it's an underwater cave where resources spawn meaning shared resource for everyone. I understand this and I only play single player.

And also why would H.O.D Gaming proceed to say that Wildcard Studios has not fix meshing when in fact his own friend, Priest mentioned that fact to him in the video at 5.25?

Between 5.30 - 6.00, both of them are like inspecting the right side of the underwater cave for mesh spots with H.O.D Gaming holding the climbing pick. It looks like he is able to look out of the right wall to see the other side of the wall using some terrain glitch.

At 6.00, his friend Priest proceeds to inform him that using the terrain glitch to look outside for enemies trying to attack them is a good thing and H.O.D Gaming then proceeds to say, "I'm so happy with this." H.O.D Gaming doesn't seem to mind using this terrain glitch for their benefit. I don't see anywhere where H.O.D Gaming puts his foot down and tells Priest off for even mentioning about the terrain glitch and the benefits of using the terrain glitch.

At 15.56, H.O.D Gaming proceeds to use the terrain glitch to look out of the right wall, to look at a large player owned squid with 2 players swimming around outside of the underwater cave. He thinks they are there to scout their base. For all you know those 2 players are just there to harvest some respawning materials from the underwater cave and H.O.D Gaming just happened to build his base right there.

Please refer to above video entitled, "PERFECT COMBO TIMING - ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED (OFFICIAL 6 MAN) EP.2 with 64k views done 1 week ago. It is the 6th video from the video entitled, "POOR RESPONSE TIME FROM THE MESH POLICE (Part 3) - Ark: with 79k views done 3 days ago.

In this video, William H.O.D Gaming Wallace, the Chosen One, decides to go with his friend, Bob to go grief and pick a fight and raid a base with no player in it by blowing it up for fun. - 15.01

At 2.00, H.O.D Gaming uses terrain glitch with his friend, Bob to recon somebody's base located in a small hole at the base of a cliff. His friend Bob is seen counting the defences of the base through the door while H.O.D is using terrain glitch to see through the base from underneath even though there is a big fat door in front of him. 

At 3.35, H.O.D Gaming gets ambushed by 1 player with his tame.

At 4.12, H.O.D Gaming is seen trying to gangbang this 1 player in the confrontation by getting Bob to join in and poison the player from the rear.

At 5.25, the player which H.O.D Gaming is attacking with his friend, Bob opens negotiations with the word, "Chill." H.O.D Gaming responds by freezing him and calling upon his friend, Bob to join in, in the execution of the player. When his friend Bob is delayed, H.O.D Gaming decides to get off his tame to execute the player with his shotgun. The player still manages to evade H.O.D Gaming.

He and Bob basically use freeze and poison to execute this player and his tame twice.

H.O.D Gaming proceeds to raze the player's base to ashes with Bob assisting.

29 minutes ago, Gabriel388 said:

Please refer to above video entitled, "PERFECT COMBO TIMING - ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED (OFFICIAL 6 MAN) EP.2 with 64k views done 1 week ago. It is the 6th video from the video entitled, "POOR RESPONSE TIME FROM THE MESH POLICE (Part 3) - Ark: with 79k views done 3 days ago.

In this video, William H.O.D Gaming Wallace, the Chosen One, decides to go with his friend, Bob to go grief and pick a fight and raid a base with no player in it by blowing it up for fun. - 15.01

At 2.00, H.O.D Gaming uses terrain glitch with his friend, Bob to recon somebody's base located in a small hole at the base of a cliff. His friend Bob is seen counting the defences of the base through the door while H.O.D is using terrain glitch to see through the base from underneath even though there is a big fat door in front of him. 

At 3.35, H.O.D Gaming gets ambushed by 1 player with his tame.

At 4.12, H.O.D Gaming is seen trying to gangbang this 1 player in the confrontation by getting Bob to join in and poison the player from the rear.

At 5.25, the player which H.O.D Gaming is attacking with his friend, Bob opens negotiations with the word, "Chill." H.O.D Gaming responds by freezing him and calling upon his friend, Bob to join in, in the execution of the player. When his friend Bob is delayed, H.O.D Gaming decides to get off his tame to execute the player with his shotgun. The player still manages to evade H.O.D Gaming.

He and Bob basically use freeze and poison to execute this player and his tame twice.

H.O.D Gaming proceeds to raze the player's base to ashes with Bob assisting.

ARK:  Call of Duty Evolved.  If at any time in official PvP you aren't ruining someones day and/or able to celebrate making someone else miserable, you aren't playing right.  Raptor Jesus forbid you just play the game like a normal person.

1 hour ago, Gabriel388 said:

Please refer to above video link to H.O.D Gaming site on YouTube. Video is titled "EASY FAST BASE START - ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED (OFFICIAL 6 MAN) EP.1 with 74k views made 2 weeks ago. It is the 7th video from his most current video titled, "POOR RESPONSE TIME FROM THE MESH POLICE (PART 3) - Ark: with 79k views made 3 days ago.

Since H.O.D Gaming is now kind of like a public figure, I'm watching his videos for entertainment purposes and have discovered a few anomalies.

This is for Official PVP on the Island, his most recent base which he built.

For his base location, H.O.D Gaming decides to build on the Island, in an underwater cave which spawns resources with his friend Priest.

At 5.25 in the video, his friend Priest after looking around proceeds to tell him that Wildcard Studios has in fact fixed a lot of mesh spots in this underwater cave because this underwater cave was an extremely high meshing spot

H.O.D Gaming still decides to build there. I don't understand why you would do that. It's one of the worst locations to build because of the meshing and it's an underwater cave where resources spawn meaning shared resource for everyone. I understand this and I only play single player.

And also why would H.O.D Gaming proceed to say that Wildcard Studios has not fix meshing when in fact his own friend, Priest mentioned that fact to him in the video at 5.25?

Between 5.30 - 6.00, both of them are like inspecting the right side of the underwater cave for mesh spots with H.O.D Gaming holding the climbing pick. It looks like he is able to look out of the right wall to see the other side of the wall using some terrain glitch.

At 6.00, his friend Priest proceeds to inform him that using the terrain glitch to look outside for enemies trying to attack them is a good thing and H.O.D Gaming then proceeds to say, "I'm so happy with this." H.O.D Gaming doesn't seem to mind using this terrain glitch for their benefit. I don't see anywhere where H.O.D Gaming puts his foot down and tells Priest off for even mentioning about the terrain glitch and the benefits of using the terrain glitch.

At 15.56, H.O.D Gaming proceeds to use the terrain glitch to look out of the right wall, to look at a large player owned squid with 2 players swimming around outside of the underwater cave. He thinks they are there to scout their base. For all you know those 2 players are just there to harvest some respawning materials from the underwater cave and H.O.D Gaming just happened to build his base right there.

HOD is a streamer with a large bunch of followers but as a player he is not a particularly good one. I've watched a few of his videos and when he is raiding he makes many elementary mistakes which indicates to me he is not someone that does a lot of PVP. From what I have seen most of the raiding he does is offline and so there is no one ever there shooting back at him.

This is pretty evident when you look at some of this mistakes he does especially in his "Solo PVP" vids. For instance he will regularly break into a base and then loot boxes with his back to the only entrance to that base. Now that is a great way to cop a bola and get clubbed. Other mistakes I have noticed is he breaks into a base and doesn't disarm/remove armour of sleeping players, he also fails to destroy beds in the base from which the enemy could spawn in.

In addition for a supposedly solo player he is pretty wasteful with this weapons and ammo. Wasting C4 to destroy wood boxes and the like. This isn't something solo guerrilla player would typically do as they live mostly a frugal existence void of wealth. 

All of this indicates to me someone that has been fairly pampered as a player in the past and is probably used to playing in large groups with abundant resources where he can rely on their numbers to ensure success in any event. Despite his new videos claiming he is a solo player its pretty evident that he has his fanboy army farming for him behind the scenes to keep him well stocked for his videos.

streamers are about making money.  This is amazing publicity for him.  His refusal to play until they fix the meshing will harm nobody but him because eventually all the goldfish that do as streamers tell them to will get bored and find a new thing to get outraged over, or a new streamer ACTUALLY playing ark to watch. also.....

neebs gaming is better anyways

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiufyZv8iRPTafTw0D4CvnQ

On 3/30/2019 at 3:26 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

His "suggestions" were very simplistic and laughable to say the least. The advice he gave amounted to basically telling the developers to delete a bunch of very useful items from the game which is just ridiculous and wouldn't actually solve the problem. 

I never said the suggestions were good, but what you said didn’t take them into account at all. Just dismissing them like they don’t exist is not a very good argument. I’m actually not a huge fanboy and I think HOD jumped to public video about how to mesh way too fast, even if devs usually don’t listen. Maybe he could try to see if they would have listened to him because he has so many followers in the ark community through private email first, and then if they don’t he could make a video about that and make his petition. If WC still refused to do anything, then he could make his video. I believe you said he’s desperate for views earlier and I agree. That’s why he’s made 4 videos on this topic.

On 3/30/2019 at 11:00 AM, Deadman said:

Yes that is a given cause like I said, they don't operate youtube they can't touch anything on there. And according to their own policies they cannot ban people for whatever they deem fit, they would have to blatantly ignore their own rules to do so. This is the relevant section from their code of conduct for this situation.

Wasn't done on official servers so that first section is irrelevant and was posted on youtube which is not an Ark official site so the second section doesn't apply either.

The section you posted was about teaming up with known hackers on official servers. That would apply to other players that played with the guy. Here is the section that applies to the act itself:

“Hacking and Exploiting

Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated.

> Hacking - examples are not limited to but can include using third-party programs such as in-game automated bots, ESP, Aimbots, and Game Engine Modifications. 

Exploiting - examples are not limited to but can include:

• Attacking from, travelling through, or building in unintended game-zones (under the mesh or above the map)
  • Duplication of tames, items, or characters
  • Unintended building mechanics (such as floating structures, using the world barrier as a snap point)
  • Building a box on a platform saddled dino to completely prevent it from taking damage
  • Modifying your game files to remove key graphical components (water, fog, etc)
  • Attacking or blocking players through the terrain with dinosaurs
  • Intentionally crashing users or servers (through DDoS or otherwise)
  • Placing excessive quantities of C4 to prevent hostile C4 from being placed
  • Stacking multiple creatures inside each other's models via raising babies close together, teleporting them near each other, downloading them, etc (ex: multiple brontos in a 1x1 foundation area)
  • Using cliff platforms to prevent tribes from building in their own bases
  • Floating structures or structures that extend past normal building limits on platform saddles or rafts for PVP purposes

So, as some of you may know, Wildcard Games recently banned a gaming youtuber named HOD. Now, gamers getting banned by big companies is nothing new since the current generation of gaming channels is constantly f****ing up. And that leads to the question "What did HOD do?". He exposed the game's glitches and how people could (and do) abuse them online. And what did Wildcard have to say about this? "Thanks for pointing out our mistakes", "We'll work on it", "Because of (excuse) we haven't been able to perfect out the game"? No, just spiteful silence and a ban. A lot of people were surprised by this and decided to protest agaisn't Wildcard's actions. Wildcard also banned the first few that stood up for HOD but after more and more people rallied up agaisn't them they removed all the bans, except that of HOD. They haven't given any explenations as to why they banned him in the first place and since a lot of people were surprised, I thought I would shed a light on what Wildcard is really like (and why you should expect this type of behavior). You know how battlefront 2 had the most expensive and broken lootcrate system in the gaming industry for a while, and the cards you got out of the crates were called "wildcards"? Guess who was behind that idea. They also admitted that since they didn't plan retail while making Ark (fixing the game after release) they wouldn't do it. And on top of that, they released Ark claiming it had been made exclusively by Wildcard employees when in truth Jeremy Stieglitz, the former employer of Wildcard and owner of Trendy Entertainment had secretly helped develop it and he sued for 600 million dollars, but had to settle for 40 million because Wildcard had erased all proof of his participation on the development of the game. The only reason they even agreed to give 40 million dollars was because they were getting a lot of bad press. And that's the only way to make this company do something, bad press. Reddit so far seems to be the only site that is trying to do somethiing about HOD's ban, and it seems appropiate that we, the community of this site, the one that's always complaining about everything bad in the game, joins the protest and tries to get Wildcard to remove the ban.

Archived