Natehawk

2 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Frankly while I might see both sides, I do think WC is making a huge error in banning folks like HOD who only make the game better.  The guy has 180K followers so don't you think the smartest course of action is to have a dialogue with the guy and listen to his ideas on how to fix the game in the short term?  Regardless of whether you agree with his methods or not you have to admit that banning him is NOT the best course of actions for WC.

But isnt that exactly why they should do it? Why should the amount of viewers have any impact on the ban? Why should he get special treatment? 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ChillEBean said:

Well if you think HOD shouldn’t be unbanned so be it, that’s your opinion, I’m talking about the guy I responded to, as his response to us trying to get meshing fixed would somehow “mess up his game” which fixing meshing shouldn’t mess up anyone’s game at all unless your a meshed. Fixing meshing and getting HOD unbanned are two different stories.

Thats fair. Ive read a few of your replies and you seem pretty level headed. I dont think the two are related at all. So why is he the poster boy? Havent a hundred other streamers avocated the same? 

I think @Bruvas78 is perfectly justified to worry about his game. Instead of try to advocate to fix it your (or friends') idea is to get everyone to mesh, hurting players like above mentioned.

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

But isnt that exactly why they should do it? Why should the amount of viewers have any impact on the ban? Why should he get special treatment? 

If you're only talking about what is right and wrong, what is against and not against the rules I could whole heartedly agree with you.  The problem though is WC made this game for basically 2 reasons.

1. It was a great idea and they thought it'd be alot of fun!

2. They are hoping to make a whole lot of money.

Here's the rub.  Banning guys like HOD who have a ton of influence doesn't help with either 1 or 2.  It only hurts them.  It's not like HOD is trying to hurt the game either, but actually wants it fixed.  I think his list of things that that are known to assist in meshing that he's suggesting be removed from the game is a great idea, but even if WC doesnt think it is they have a ton to gain and nothing to lose by sitting down and talking with him and other folks like him.  Who wouldn't want a guy like that on their side instead of against them?  Again, this course of action does not help with points 1 or 2. Especially not 2.

1 minute ago, Melcreif said:

If you're only talking about what is right and wrong, what is against and not against the rules I could whole heartedly agree with you.  The problem though is WC made this game for basically 2 reasons.

1. It was a great idea and they thought it'd be alot of fun!

2. They are hoping to make a whole lot of money.

Here's the rub.  Banning guys like HOD who have a ton of influence doesn't help with either 1 or 2.  It only hurts them.  It's not like HOD is trying to hurt the game either, but actually wants it fixed.  I think his list of things that that are known to assist in meshing that he's suggesting be removed from the game is a great idea, but even if WC doesnt think it is they have a ton to gain and nothing to lose by sitting down and talking with him and other folks like him.  Who wouldn't want a guy like that on their side instead of against them?  Again, this course of action does not help with points 1 or 2. Especially not 2.

Fair enough I can agree with that logic. I dont personally think HOD is as great of a stand up guy as hes made out to be.. but thats beside the point. 

I know quite a few people around these forums that are equally as knowledgable about PVP and have some great ideas. The problem is a lot of people's ideas are unrealistic or absurd. Delete the chair?! That one bugs me. I love chairs. 

24 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Yes they can and WC are not the only ones, every game are like this. You can live with it or not play...or be patient until it gets fixed to a reasonable level, no game are perfect and releasing content, like extinction is what keeps them & us going, they even included S+ for free. Do you code? I guess not, if you would, then you would not be here... bug squashing is not easy and will take time, that is all.

I agree with this. People complain about the developers releasing content instead of fixing bugs but do those same people ever consider that the playerbase needs to continue playing the game in order for the developers to justify investing time on those fixes?

21 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Thats fair. Ive read a few of your replies and you seem pretty level headed. I dont think the two are related at all. So why is he the poster boy? Havent a hundred other streamers avocated the same? 

I think @Bruvas78 is perfectly justified to worry about his game. Instead of try to advocate to fix it your (or friends') idea is to get everyone to mesh, hurting players like above mentioned.

I believe he’s the poster boy as people were finally getting tired of meshers, and him getting banned just encouraged more outrage from the community.

With my friends “everyone mesh” idea, I think that should be an absolute last resort. What we’ve ended up on deciding on is just boycott ark and not play it until something happens, such as duo servers or meshing gets fixed so we don’t have to worry about it anymore.

20 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Fair enough I can agree with that logic. I dont personally think HOD is as great of a stand up guy as hes made out to be.. but thats beside the point. 

I know quite a few people around these forums that are equally as knowledgable about PVP and have some great ideas. The problem is a lot of people's ideas are unrealistic or absurd. Delete the chair?! That one bugs me. I love chairs. 

Yeah deleting the chairs a big step, it’s actually used more than you think for fishing or getting stam underwater. (even though that could be taken as an exploit) Instead Of removing it you should probably just make it so it has either a bigger hit box so it can’t be placed so close to walls or they can only be placed on foundations. That might fix a few issues and then they won’t have to remove the chair.

1 minute ago, ChillEBean said:

Yeah deleting the chairs a big step, it’s actually used more than you think for fishing or getting stam underwater. (even though that could be taken as an exploit) Instead Of removing it you should probably just make it so it has either a bigger hit box so it can’t be placed so close to walls or they can only be placed on foundations. That might fix a few issues and then they won’t have to remove the chair.

I personally think people wouldn't miss it much IMO.  Sure a couple of folks will be ticked off at first, but they'd get over it.  The only thing I can think of where the chair is currently necessary is fishing and I'm sure they could just change the way fishing works.  Heck, what if they added an automatic chair that gets placed when you fish instead of needing an actual chair? Just create an annimation like alot of games do.

Of course the chair is only 1 thing that's used in meshing.  The climbing picks for example why not at least make it where you can't transfer them out of Ab?

7 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I personally think people wouldn't miss it much IMO.  Sure a couple of folks will be ticked off at first, but they'd get over it.  The only thing I can think of where the chair is currently necessary is fishing and I'm sure they could just change the way fishing works.  Heck, what if they added an automatic chair that gets placed when you fish instead of needing an actual chair? Just create an annimation like alot of games do.

Of course the chair is only 1 thing that's used in meshing.  The climbing picks for example why not at least make it where you can't transfer them out of Ab?

You can fish on Pelagornis and Gasbags.

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

You mean to tell me our lord and Saviour HOD Gaming didn't tell you that?! 

What ever happened to defending the beach bobs from WC's wrath?

He did say it, specifically in his petition to remove chairs. I just didnt know about the gasbags, and yes sometimes people dont know things. What a world.

3 minutes ago, Demerus said:

This will all be forgotten soon.

Just like getjacked being wiped for building on aber surface to escape meshing.

His fans caused an uproar also but nothing changed. These people are fighting a losing battle. 

More and more people are making videos on it and we're actually winning, our points being proven (which is the devs dont listen and make irrational decisions) by them banning HOD and then keeping complete silence after the backlash.

Just now, Demerus said:

Yes because it is a perfect opportunity for youtubers to cash in and get views for that sweet ad revenue.

Any smart content creator knows to jump on anything trending or viral.

Of course, ive seen those videos but they only get a few hundred views. The only ones getting views are people actually concerned about the game, and have shown this by being active content creators for years and gaining the trust of their fans. Exactly why HOD being banned is irrational, as hes been playing the longest out of most youtubers and knows whats best for the game as he has experienced what brings in and takes away players, so when he out of all people gets banned for trying to help, it seems a bit unjust.

Archived