Natehawk

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, ghostgamerhd said:

The fact that you have to concider being meshed is a thing is disgusting in a 60$ game.. Its like playing any fps game kowing that your opponent has wall hacks.. Lol... And trust me no base spot is safe.. I never meshed in my life but give me your base location and it will be gone by the next time you log in..

South 2 artifact cave good luck bring friends ;)

The mesh issue is with the vastly outdated Unreal Engine version 4.5.1, not Ark in particular. The problem is that Wildcard screwed up when they started Ark and did some core engine changes which prevents them from using an updated Unreal Engine. This is why instead of working SLI support which was added in 4.15, we got a half-baked, back-ported, buggy version in 4.5.1 which, while it does work, causes all kinds of graphical anomalies. Either way they would have to spend a LOT of time changing code from way back when to be able to use a newer, fixed UE. What would the return on investment be? Would 100k more players suddenly buy Ark because it is on a newer engine? Doubtful. They'd lose money, and companies of any kind are here to make money.

Not faulting Wildcard here since they apparently were new to UE and what-not, but I do not ever see Ark getting updated as we'd like to see it. Maybe in a few years they will release a proper version on UE5 as a remaster or something and we can pay for it, making it worth their time.

I play unofficial so I wouldn't really have a huge part in number 2, but I'm still not afraid to boycott. I agree with Kishko, the only way to really get Wildcard to do something about a bug in the game is to start a complete crap-storm about it. I agree that banning one of the biggest members of the ARK community does nothing positive and IMO is completely unacceptable. It's very similar to what happened with GTjack3d getting dev-wiped for building in an area on the surface of Aberration where you wouldn't take damage from the sun. Yes, I am completely aware spreading exploits is against the CoC and ToS, but that doesn't change the fact HOD is still a very clean, honest content creator for this game. He needs a second chance.
Here's my whole view on what needs to be fixed on ARK:
1: Meshing, exploits. This is the big one since a majority of the ARK community still play PvP servers and it still affects them to this day.
2: Optimizing the game, updating the game's engine. This is also a big one that would improve QoL for everyone. Optimization is fairly self explanatory, and doesn't mean toning down the graphics of the game. We want a good looking game that is fun in both pvp and pve and well optimized. Now the game engine is something consistently lied to us from the devs, who claim that the engine cannot be updated because the customization made to it. The designer of Unreal Engine 4 (Epic Games) recently threw WC under the bus when they explained that UE4 can easily be updated in games due to it's design and that any sort of customization made to the engine can be back-ported to the latest version with ease.
3: Better update and content execution; This is also very self explanatory and would improve both sides of the game, there are way too many bugs that pass through Q/A consistently, every single update. Yes, I am aware, it cannot be perfect. Every game has bugs. But there are too many every update in this game.
TLDR: I love Ark, I play it for it's content. There's absolutely no other game like it, however, there are so many things that negatively impact my experiences though, and these are examples affecting everyone. I want to see ARK become a perfect game, worthy of it's now triple-A price tag of 60 USD, but I feel as if the only thing that will make any of this happen is to step up against Wildcard and show them that we want the problems in this game to be fixed. A good step to start addressing the whole HOD drama thing is an explanation from Wildcard on why he was banned. Then, we should start seeing the problems al least acknowledged. Then, we want to see those problems FIXED!

1 minute ago, Level4Gaming said:

I play unofficial so I wouldn't really have a huge part in number 2, but I'm still not afraid to boycott. I agree with Kishko, the only way to really get Wildcard to do something about a bug in the game is to start a complete crap-storm about it. I agree that banning one of the biggest members of the ARK community does nothing positive and IMO is completely unacceptable. It's very similar to what happened with GTjack3d getting dev-wiped for building in an area on the surface of Aberration where you wouldn't take damage from the sun. Yes, I am completely aware spreading exploits is against the CoC and ToS, but that doesn't change the fact HOD is still a very clean, honest content creator for this game. He needs a second chance.
Here's my whole view on what needs to be fixed on ARK:
1: Meshing, exploits. This is the big one since a majority of the ARK community still play PvP servers and it still affects them to this day.
2: Optimizing the game, updating the game's engine. This is also a big one that would improve QoL for everyone. Optimization is fairly self explanatory, and doesn't mean toning down the graphics of the game. We want a good looking game that is fun in both pvp and pve and well optimized. Now the game engine is something consistently lied to us from the devs, who claim that the engine cannot be updated because the customization made to it. The designer of Unreal Engine 4 (Epic Games) recently threw WC under the bus when they explained that UE4 can easily be updated in games due to it's design and that any sort of customization made to the engine can be back-ported to the latest version with ease.
3: Better update and content execution; This is also very self explanatory and would improve both sides of the game, there are way too many bugs that pass through Q/A consistently, every single update. Yes, I am aware, it cannot be perfect. Every game has bugs. But there are too many every update in this game.
TLDR: I love Ark, I play it for it's content. There's absolutely no other game like it, however, there are so many things that negatively impact my experiences though, and these are examples affecting everyone. I want to see ARK become a perfect game, worthy of it's now triple-A price tag of 60 USD, but I feel as if the only thing that will make any of this happen is to step up against Wildcard and show them that we want the problems in this game to be fixed. A good step to start addressing the whole HOD drama thing is an explanation from Wildcard on why he was banned. Then, we should start seeing the problems al least acknowledged. Then, we want to see those problems FIXED!

Yes, yes, and yes.

2 hours ago, ChillEBean said:

So, since it feels like the community is finally fed up with wildcard, I suggest two different plans, passive and aggressive, we can take in order to make it so they finally realize that they need to fix meshing.

1. First plan is the pacifist route, we all just completely boycott ark. Just don’t play, they see their game is completely failing, and they fix meshing to appease the players. It’s as easy as that. (Kinda, we all know arks addicting)

2. The second plan (which my friend thought of and I don’t entirly agree with, as I think the pacifist route will work just fine, but this route may need to be taken to cause a big enough fire for them to see.) is to just cause a full on riot and have everyone create as much destruction and chaos as possible in every Server you’re on, BUT do it by meshing. My friends philosophy is that if EVERYONE just starts meshing and destroying as much as possible, it will cause more and more people to complain about meshing, eventually coming to a point where almost everyone is complaining about it due to the thousands to people meshing everyone not for the loot or for breaking bases, but because they just want the game to die out, (Obviously people don’t want the death of the game, so they will bring the attention to the devs to fix the meshing)

Personally I don’t know how well the aggressive route will go and if it will go well at all, and most people will agree with the pacifist route anyway (which I’m doing atm) so I suggest everyone else boycotts ark completely. Just don’t play. Ez. Also, I’ve realized that on YouTube, Reddit, and In-Game on servers everyone wants HOD unbanned, but on the forums is the only place there seems to be the type of people who think he “deserved” the ban. Weird that the HQ of all ark is where the ark fanboys are trying to defend the devs by saying “HOD deserves the ban” even though everyone already knows how to mesh so it’s just better to bring awareness to the fact meshing exists.

I’m on the fence with this issue .

On one hand, HOD was breaking the rules and showing other people how to break them. Being banned was basically the only outcome that should have been expected. 

On the other hand, meshing has long been a problem and there were already countless videos across the internet that demonstrate how to do it. WC has been repeatedly made aware of the issue, but has given very little feedback about it. 

Players are becoming more and more frustrated, and I think that it seems to a lot in the community that something big and blatant needed to happen to draw the discussion further into the open and force some type of action. 

Personally, I had never heard of HOD before this , so I would say that they accomplished a greater goal for themselves in terms of expanding recognition. It’s honestly not worth the effort or principle to defend or ‘martyr’ them anymore. Nevertheless, WC has obviously neglected the problem long enough. I would suggest rather than breaking the rules yourself or quiting the game, that you just keep the dialogue going. Keep talking about meshing in the forums and other outlets. 

Mostly, I see sporadic mentions of meshing, followed by idle threats. Try to think of something more constructive, or go ahead and take the vigilante route, but prepare to be banned and lose their attention altogether.

The point is, if you do not choose actions to get banned and you remain in the community you are more likely to have your voice heard. Food for thought. 

3 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

I’m on the fence with this issue .

On one hand, HOD was breaking the rules and showing other people how to break them. Being banned was basically the only outcome that should have been expected. 

On the other hand, meshing has long been a problem and there were already countless videos across the internet that demonstrate how to do it. WC has been repeatedly made aware of the issue, but has given very little feedback about it. 

Players are becoming more and more frustrated, and I think that it seems to a lot in the community that something big and blatant needed to happen to draw the discussion further into the open and force some type of action. 

Personally, I had never heard of HOD before this , so I would say that they accomplished a greater goal for themselves in terms of expanding recognition. It’s honestly not worth the effort or principle to defend or ‘martyr’ them anymore. Nevertheless, WC has obviously neglected the problem long enough. I would suggest rather than breaking the rules yourself or quiting the game, that you just keep the dialogue going. Keep talking about meshing in the forums and other outlets. 

Mostly, I see sporadic mentions of meshing, followed by idle threats. Try to think of something more constructive, or go ahead and take the vigilante route, but prepare to be banned and lose their attention altogether.

The point is, if you do not choose actions to get banned and you remain in the community you are more likely to have your voice heard. Food for thought. 

Agreed, the “aggressive” option was just an idea, but me and my friends are just going to boycott ark and keep talking about meshing until they fix meshing and add duos. (Still want HOD unbanned tho lol)

Just like the TEA drama, bldx, carebears, chem bench, get jacked blabla all this will be forgotten and back to our regular 'zomg wc fix game11!11' posts within 2 weeks. 

Best to just ignore these. Happens every major issue in ARK, the same people say theyre quitting, leaving ark and you see them back on the forums / reddit trolling and back to their usual buisness a few days later.

Performing or showing  a game exploit is a banning offence in just about every online game.

Your only option is to report it when found.

Why, because by making it common knowledge it increases the likely hood that someone else will use said exploit.

So with all the chatter, it was only a matter of  time till WC started banning people from the official servers.

This is not a new story folks it has happened before and will happen again.

12 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Just like the TEA drama, bldx, carebears, chem bench, get jacked blabla all this will be forgotten and back to our regular 'zomg wc fix game11!11' posts within 2 weeks. 

Best to just ignore these. Happens every major issue in ARK, the same people say theyre quitting, leaving ark and you see them back on the forums / reddit trolling and back to their usual buisness a few days later.

Unfortunately not this time my friend, not this time.

On 3/26/2019 at 5:19 AM, Natehawk said:

Wildcard dev's have global ban H.O.D gaming, 

Fix your game don't ban player for pointing out the obvious, 

Good luck with your sale's for atlas i for one I'm not buying any more of your games tell you fix your first game

Agreed. I was going to make my own post then I saw yours!  It's dumb they have put in thousands of hours and only want to help this game.  Don't be stupid WC.

Archived