Natehawk

12 hours ago, ChillEBean said:

Like he said, ignoring meaning of posts to get reactions, 100% troll.

That’s just the way it is. The poster can’t really keep up with logical debate. They have to compensate for only having contradictory statements by trying to be funny, when most observers can see him struggling even with simple concepts. It’s quite sad and pathetic, really. 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

That’s just the way it is. The poster can’t really keep up with logical debate. They have to compensate for only having contradictory statements by trying to be funny, when most observers can see him struggling even with simple concepts. It’s quite sad and pathetic, really. 

*laughs in opposing opinion*

8 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Giving into obnoxious fanboys is a bad move from Wild Card. They are effectively saying to people do anything you want we'll unban you If you get your fans to shout the loudest!

No they are actually saying "Hey guys there's rioting in the streets!  Should we just pull out the blowhorn and yell at them to stop rioting?  Should we just sit on our thumbs and be quiet?  I know!  We'll make a quick thread stating why we are unbanning him and then tell folks we are working hard to fix the issues!"  Obviously #3 was the better option.  You do know they are in this to make money right?  Rioters don't make them any money, they just keep other folks from spending theirs. It only made sense and was the obvious choice.  I also think WC has made a grave error from the start in keeping themselves so seperate from everyone else.  There are people out there like HOD who love the game and contribute quite alot to it.  If I were them I'd imbrace Youtubers like HOD, Nooblets, LBN and the like and work with them to make the game better.  That way everybody wins.

12 hours ago, Sphere said:

Sure. And that is exactly what I was saying in this thread. But he lost his base to meshing, not banning. The prompt to put up that video was a direct result of the cheaters in this game, who sadly, are left to their own methods to destroy the game through unfair advantages.

i read earlier in this post that he only lost a little of his base to the meshers... i was called a few names by someone due to typing 'he was wiped' so tbh i dont know which is the truth and do not care either way, whats done is done now

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

No they are actually saying "Hey guys there's rioting in the streets!  Should we just pull out the blowhorn and yell at them to stop rioting?  Should we just sit on our thumbs and be quiet?  I know!  We'll make a quick thread stating why we are unbanning him and then tell folks we are working hard to fix the issues!"  Obviously #3 was the better option.  You do know they are in this to make money right?  Rioters don't make them any money, they just keep other folks from spending theirs. It only made sense and was the obvious choice.  I also think WC has made a grave error from the start in keeping themselves so seperate from everyone else.  There are people out there like HOD who love the game and contribute quite alot to it.  If I were them I'd imbrace Youtubers like HOD, Nooblets, LBN and the like and work with them to make the game better.  That way everybody wins.

all true BUT hod screwed up in his attempt to embrace WC .... you do not publicly post a vid up on youtube like he / they did and expect no retaliation .....a email / something much more less public would have been the correct approach - whether WC would have listened thought thats the difference ....

Just now, Duffmek said:

all true BUT hod screwed up in his attempt to embrace WC .... you do not publicly post a vid up on youtube like he / they did and expect no retaliation .....a email / something much more less public would have been the correct approach - whether WC would have listened thought thats the difference ....

But did he?  Think about it, there wasn't really anything to lose for HOD because he's got his 185K loyal backers who listen to every word he says.  In this case he can pretty much do almost anything he wants to do and right or wrong they will listen and probably agree with him.  So if you retalliate to someone like that you are really in a no win situation and they should know that.  They should also know that Youtubers like HOD help give the game more exposure and actually make it better anyways.  Also like you've pointed out, WC is notorious for a lack of good commuciation which lead him to doing it the way he did.  He even talks about thier poor communication in his videos, which from what everyone on the forums have read and experienced we know to be true.  Hopefully with adding Cid to the game WC is on the right track in turning this whole thing around for the better.  It really looks to be a great start!

Just over a day and the verdict is in.

Wildcard Studios accidentally banned H.O.D Gaming so all is cool. Business as usual. Someone just pressed the wrong button, that's all. Monitoring, spying miscommunication. 

Congratulations to H.O.D Gaming and Company for playing the game so well. You guys and gals are the lifeblood of Ark.

Hmm, I wonder how you guys and gals are going to get Wildcard Studios to fix the meshing. That would be a Miracle given the circumstances they find themselves in.

10 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Giving into obnoxious fanboys is a bad move from Wild Card. They are effectively saying to people do anything you want we'll unban you If you get your fans to shout the loudest!

Well unfortunately with Wild Cards decision to unban him that is the message they are putting out there - too big to ban.

Maybe I should buy an aimbot and do an "expose" video as well. I'll give really thoughtful insights into how to fix the problem like Wild Card why don't you remove cheat websites from the internet and Wild Card why don't you ban all cheaters. Obviously I care deeply for the community and so don't forget to hit that like button and subscribe. I need a million subs because otherwise the game will die as no can expose this stuff as good as I.

Why didn't Wildcard Studios listen to you? You wrote so much but failed to accomplish what you wrote. 

Would you like to complain directly to the Boss?

He might listen to you and reban H.O.D Gaming.

He is a Tough Boss.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-11-14-former-snail-games-usa-exec-alleges-racism-and-unfair-dismissal

Surely you are not serious ?

Such "good" ideas like remove all sleeping bags, remove climbing picks, remove chairs, stop players going unconscious. Yes I agree HOD is a gaming genius.

He needs to be working for a major studio his ideas are revolutionary.

He is serious. Take a look:

https://www.change.org/p/wildcard-get-rid-of-the-climbing-pick

https://www.change.org/p/wildcard-fix-meshing-on-ark-pvp-servers

If you don't agree with H.O.D Gaming, you need to get your buddies here and go do something about it, otherwise it's H.O.D Gaming all the way.

@Jatheish Wildcard should've kept this arrogant turd-stain banned, he made his bed and deserves to sleep in it.  But you bent knee to his brigading lackeys, and now he's just encouraged to rile them to brigade even harder.

This kind of spineless crap in the face of an obviously fabricated "bad-PR" moment is what turns me off more than any other issues over the years.  This self-important louse wasn't owed a thing other than the negative consequences he earned though his behavior and conduct.

You ban someone for posting to his close to 200,000 followers, in different ways and ideal locations, how to exploit your game. He was equally as guilty as anyone that didn't know how, then watched his video and used that information to cheat. Then he threatens to rally the community, so you let him back in the very next day. So what exactly is it? How could you possibly have no back bone at all? He says he's not even gonna come back, for a bit. Most likely, he will just continue to watch other people stuff on YouTube, and use their, this tribe did this..., then said this.., but we didn't do..., and now we got banned. Seriously, can we at least get an excuse for your actions in the past few days?

It seems simple to me, did he actually violate any part of the code of conduct? His video was not done on official servers, and he posted it on youtube. Wildcard does not own or operate youtube so their code of conduct does not apply to videos on that site. His ban was an emotional decision, one that is not backed up by their official rules so they unbanned him.

12 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Surely you are not serious ?

Such "good" ideas like remove all sleeping bags, remove climbing picks, remove chairs, stop players going unconscious. Yes I agree HOD is a gaming genius.

He needs to be working for a major studio his ideas are revolutionary.

Well they must not be too bad because Wildcard unbanned him didn't they?

4 hours ago, Gabriel388 said:

Just over a day and the verdict is in.

Wildcard Studios accidentally banned H.O.D Gaming so all is cool. Business as usual. Someone just pressed the wrong button, that's all. Monitoring, spying miscommunication. 

Congratulations to H.O.D Gaming and Company for playing the game so well. You guys and gals are the lifeblood of Ark.

Hmm, I wonder how you guys and gals are going to get Wildcard Studios to fix the meshing. That would be a Miracle given the circumstances they find themselves in.

Their banning was not an accident, for sure.  I surely hope you don't think banning is a single-click/button, but it wasn't an accident.  Whoever banned them initially meant to ban them, and WildCard reversed the decision once more people became involved.  That doesn't mean the person who banned them should be FIRED, or disciplined in any way, because that person had a decision to make, and they did.  The company decided it was a step too far and reversed it, but the fact is that HOD made a nice and convenient video where people could see the easiest spots and methods to mesh.  Someone with the power of banning decided that was enough to warrant action.

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

It seems simple to me, did he actually violate any part of the code of conduct? His video was not done on official servers, and he posted it on youtube. Wildcard does not own or operate youtube so their code of conduct does not apply to videos on that site. His ban was an emotional decision, one that is not backed up by their official rules so they unbanned him.

So, I don’t have any strong take on this guy being banned or unbanned. I truly am in the middle on this issue. However, they didn’t ban him from YouTube. He was banned from Ark. Whether or not you or I agree with it, if you do something they have identified as destructive to their game or is against their established and disclosed policies they can ban you if it is directly associated with the account that you use to access their product. 

The guy did what he thought needed to be done. The guy knew there might be consequences. We can even say that it seems to have accomplished something. There were some special circumstances in this event that resulted in a reversal. 

Maybe people should stop focusing on this guy and stick to the subject of meshing, like they are apparently frustrated with WC for allowing themselves to be distracted from. Don’t be like WC and lose sight of the ball. The next step is to move forward and stick to the point of what is and isn’t being done to fix known problems.

3 hours ago, TeronGray said:

Wildcard should've kept this arrogant turd-stain banned, he made his bed and deserves to sleep in it.  But you bent knee to his brigading lackeys, and now he's just encouraged to rile them to brigade even harder.

This kind of spineless crap in the face of an obviously fabricated "bad-PR" moment is what turns me off more than any other issues over the years.  This self-important louse wasn't owed a thing other than the negative consequences he earned though his behavior and conduct.

I'm curious... Did you even do any research for yourself and watch these videos? He doesn't come off as arrogant to me. Just concerned and wanting to improve the state of the game.

18 hours ago, Melcreif said:

They don't make anything better they just talk poop and make click bait videos.  Most of them aren't even good at the game. I saw nothing constructive in HOD's "advice" that he offered Wild Card as how to fix the game. It was just overly simplistic nonsense like "remove this, remove that". That doesn't fix the underlying all that does is remove content that 99% of the time isn't being abused.

17 hours ago, Gabriel388 said:

He is serious. Take a look:

https://www.change.org/p/wildcard-get-rid-of-the-climbing-pick

https://www.change.org/p/wildcard-fix-meshing-on-ark-pvp-servers

If you don't agree with H.O.D Gaming, you need to get your buddies here and go do something about it, otherwise it's H.O.D Gaming all the way.

Wait this is a thing lol just enjoying pve and wish all the nerfs could stay on pvp and why must they ruin the game because some kid figure out how to use a climbing pick and go under someone base and destroy it... 

wildcard methods oh we fix the bug but we made two more bugs....

17 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

I'm curious... Did you even do any research for yourself and watch these videos? He doesn't come off as arrogant to me. Just concerned and wanting to improve the state of the game.

You can stuff your own condescending tone.  I've watched quite a few H.O.D. vids over the years.  The guy is smug and arrogant both towards his opinion of the Devs, and players outside his fanboi clique, in the extreme.  And his choice to rally a brigade of followers to attack Widlcard on his behalf it just the best example of it, now.

14 hours ago, Novawiz00 said:

This has made it to PC Gamer. 

For those of you, who want to get to know H.O.D Gaming more intimately so you can formulate plans to thwart him if you disdain him or sub to his channel on YouTube for those of you who like him.

PC Gamer Article:

https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-survival-evolved-youtuber-protests-exploits-by-showing-how-to-use-them-gets-banned/

Archived