Natehawk

I think what matters to the devs here is HOD didn't submit them a formal video, and tell them they have two weeks to fix, instead he just made his own YouTube video about it. 

If he had done things properly I'm sure he wouldn't be banned right now. 

He instead forced the devs hand, ordering them to take things out of the game, and do things his way.

On the other had, devs could have also been more mature and just asked that he take his video down for a week or two, so that they can find a solution that THE DEVS like. 

I feel like they were probably working on a more elegant solution to this problem but now, they are rushed to finish it. 

I do however like hods solutions, and think that until something better is figured out they should be implemented on all pvp servers. 

Also to those saying Hod didn't do it for viewers or attention, it sure looks like he did the way he just released this video without much warning. 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Drugs? Lazy? Was that what you thought I was talking about? No, not even “children” but families, generations of families that don’t have decent access to care.

Blah, blah, blah. We were celebrating a poster’s meager attempt to admit not having experience with the problems other people endure. Were you joining them to troll people, in general, that have less than you?

No I generally dont join in to troll like that, believe it or not it wasnt a troll attempt just me being an ass. The American health system sucks in general though. I do feel bad for your lack of healthcare though

WC has released a statement. Can we all shut up about it now?

1x intro ad, 2x ad markers on part 1 =  137,373 views / 4.9K likes

2x intro ads, 3x ad markers on part 2 = 79,492 views / 4.7k likes

on average depending on the ad you get 0.1 - 0.5 per view. average it out to 0.2 cents.

Assuming 1/3 use ad blocker by habit at least 70k views had ad revenue sharing credited to his ad sense account

not bad for a days work.

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

on average depending on the ad you get 0.1 - 0.5 per view. average it out to 0.2 cents.

Assuming 1/3 use ad blocker by habit at least 70k views had ad revenue sharing credited to his ad sense account

not bad for a days work.

You could also do the math for how much HOD is making for the Ark team. 187k subs. How many of them bought the game because of him? How many paid the $60 for it? They watch him play the DLC, so how many bought the DLC because of him or the season pass? With all of his views all it is is free advertising for the game. 

2 hours ago, Demerus said:

not bad for a days work.

I didnt realize how that worked, thank you! I didnt doubt one bit it was intentional, that just sweetens the pot.

Clean 1,400$

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

YouTuber’s think they are above the law. Their ego grows just as big as their followers.

Want to know something funny? That guy who put a slap emoji on your post, doesn't seem to understand the real world. We live in a day and age where Donald Trump became the most powerful person in the world, POTUS. The guy admitted he could shoot a person in the street and still become President. And yet, check out this dude, Darksoul996 slapping his face. YouTubers sometimes do think they are above the law. There are so many examples of this online. But because somebody thinks they are doing "wrongs for the greater good", it's somehow excusable.

4 minutes ago, Meshmonkeys said:

There no confermation for whta reason because yall dont wanna own up to what babys ur being O no he talked crap about my poop game im gonna global ban em GIVE ME EVIDENTS TO SHOW DIFFERENT U DAM FOOL. If u want everyone to stop show concert proof of ur decision to ban him an it better be valid because ALL EYES ARE ON YOU RIGHT NOW. An youve yet to show any proof of anything u keep talking crap on this forem but u delete people who call u out u delete people who cuse u an fuse u because u honestly feel like that kid that glitched in the lvl 10000000000 giga so far ur actions show me ur all very childish an dont know how to handle a single thins as an adult "SHOW US PROOF OR SHUT UR MOUTH"

Lol wut?

3 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Lol wut?

Lol what all u want dude u are probably one of the most childish on hear u take whatever anyone says an go huh ya ur cool bro. 

GIVE real answers for ur actions can u tell me why he was actually banned because guess what outta every single moderator or dev or anyone on hear or anywhere else all u ark people say O IDK WHY HE GOT GLOBAL BANNED. 

BS u dont wanna show ur hand because u know how weak an febal it is tell me different 

1 minute ago, Meshmonkeys said:

Lol what all u want dude u are probably one of the most childish on hear u take whatever anyone says an go huh ya ur cool bro. 

GIVE real answers for ur actions can u tell me why he was actually banned because guess what outta every single moderator or dev or anyone on hear or anywhere else all u ark people say O IDK WHY HE GOT GLOBAL BANNED. 

BS u dont wanna show ur hand because u know how weak an febal it is tell me different 

I’m trying to understand your comments, grammatically.

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

Want to know something funny? That guy who put a slap emoji on your post, doesn't seem to understand the real world. We live in a day and age where Donald Trump became the most powerful person in the world, POTUS. The guy admitted he could shoot a person in the street and still become President. And yet, check out this dude, Darksoul996 slapping his face. YouTubers sometimes do think they are above the law. There are so many examples of this online. But because somebody thinks they are doing "wrongs for the greater good", it's somehow excusable.

Gotta admit WC let meshing go unaddressed and relatively unmentioned for a long time. Even if this guy did it for his own personal gain, it was something a lot of players have been hoping for and there’s no arguing that WC took notice. 

I think the lesson of the day is WC realizing they should do a better job communicating with the community and show they are actually working on solutions.  Otherwise, some self-righteous Youtuber is going to take matters into their own hands and force their hand.

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

Going to install this on my BattleZone map.

I really would like to know how this actually works.  How is this guy distinguishing between a meshed player and a non-meshed player in the code of the Parasaur?  I get that it works but howwww????  It's a cool mod for sure, KOs em and ganks their inventory.

I read this entire thread Hoping  against Hope WISHING for one comment......Everyone is going on about how it was NOT done on Official. No one asked "BUT CAN IT?"

If what is shown in the Video  can be used on Official does it matter where it was done to make the Video?

If I am honest though I don't know who HOD is and don't really care. My only take out of this mammoth thread was that a video was released showing people how to cheat, said person was banned. Heck if it was my game I would have banned them.

54 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Gotta admit WC let meshing go unaddressed and relatively unmentioned for a long time. Even if this guy did it for his own personal gain, it was something a lot of players have been hoping for and there’s no arguing that WC took notice. 

I think the lesson of the day is WC realizing they should do a better job communicating with the community and show they are actually working on solutions.  Otherwise, some self-righteous Youtuber is going to take matters into their own hands and force their hand.

Meshing has been addressed in the past with an announcement from the lead developer in diary log. I’ll dig it out, it’s somewhere in the announcements.

There may not have been any further announcements but they have been working on fixes which can be seen as “fixed hole” in the patch notes.

Archived