Natehawk

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MooseX said:

Is it me or is this thread breaking the code of conduct?

Hack related chat

There should be no discussions in game or on our official sites regarding hacks, including access to cheats, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized.

A Moderator has already posted in here and even contributed to the discussion.  Because the discussion is about banning or not banning people, not about actions that lead to banning specifically, as long as we stick to that, we can continue discourse.

3 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Is it me or is this thread breaking the code of conduct?

Hack related chat

There should be no discussions in game or on our official sites regarding hacks, including access to cheats, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized.

It thread dosen't fit the listed criteria.

On 3/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, Duffmek said:

he got wiped .. so he has nothing to lose .. getting banned didnt mean poop to him then ... congrats he is stirring the pot of pity and anger lashing out out and trying to ruin what the devs ARE trying to fix albeit too slowly for many players, so this was in all intents and purposes a really dumb move on his part .. almost like a knee jerk reaction to get his followers up in arms and try to put pressure on a team that is already under alot of pressure ... meh ban is still fair in this case.

Team is under a lot of pressure? Maybe they should fix what’s broken instead of releasing new content that breaks the game even more 

36 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

So you are just trolling people. If you play unofficial, you don’t have a dog in the fight. Probably oughta step back and let the real players hash this one out. ;)

So far I’ve paid over £600 since I started hosting on Nitrado. You official players are a laughing stock with your sense of entitlement playing on a free service. I will continue to mock you every opportunity I get.

2 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Nothing wrong in doing both, they are working on the bugs and releasing new content, heck I want new content ?

Yeah but they release new content and obviously you’ll play it, but what happens when you build up big enough and your base becomes a target? Then someone meshes you and takes away all your work you did in order to play whatever content.

1 minute ago, SaltyMonkey said:

So far I’ve paid over £600 since I started hosting on Nitrado. You official players are a laughing stock with your sense of entitlement playing on a free service. I will continue to mock you every opportunity I get.

So are all COD players “entitled” when they complain about aimbotters just because they don’t pay for the servers they play on?

Not bad at all, H.O.D Gaming and Company:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/ARK_Survival_Evolved/#app_reviews_hash

Look at the graph and reviews.

I would say for H.O.D Gaming, he faced a moral and ethical dilemma in regards to Ark and his audience. What he did to enlighten his viewers to the problem of meshing was very important as his viewers could potentially be buyers of the Ark game and some would be totally clueless to what meshing is. 

As a Promoter and Player of the Ark game, he was exercising "Duty of Care" to his viewers to warn them that if they were to purchase a copy of Ark and become a player in Official PVP, those players could potentially fall victim to meshing and lose hundreds to thousands of hours of gameplay to meshing and potentially get ArkPTSD, a mental condition caused by Ark game.

I would say that H.O.D Gaming's care for Beach Bobs (Defender of Beach Bobs) in Ark translated to real life to him caring for his viewers because some of his viewers could potentially become Beach Bobs in Ark.

Someone like H.O.D Gaming would never cheat to get the better of you. Because of the number of viewers he has, he is a threat to Wildcard Studio's sales figures, especially when he is trying to protect all the potential Beach Bobs coming into Ark.

I would Encourage H.O.D Gaming and Company to pursue the case against Wildcard Studios for his unbanning and for the meshing to be fixed like you play Ark. Take the skills that you learnt in Ark and apply them to Wildcard Studios in order to save Wildcard Studios from Oblivion and unbanning H.O.D Gaming is imperative for this to occur.

You are the Chosen One, H.O.D Gaming to deal with Wildcard Studios. You have a lot of Supporters and believers in you.

Good Luck and may the Light of Creation be with you and your friends in all your endeavours.

1 minute ago, ChillEBean said:

Yeah but they release new content and obviously you’ll play it, but what happens when you build up big enough and your base becomes a target? Then someone meshes you and takes away all your work you did in order to play whatever content.

Thats why I pay for my own server, so I don't have to deal with whinny kids, pillar land grabbers and cheaters and don't have to wait and submit a ticket to get action. I AM the ACTION ? But seems for some we server admins are not real players, we just invest cash and time, setting up events, modding or boosting our games so we don't have to baby sit taming a rex for a few days, some of us do work and have a life outside of ark ?

1 minute ago, MooseX said:

Thats why I pay for my own server, so I don't have to deal with whinny kids, pillar land grabbers and cheaters and don't have to wait and submit a ticket to get action. I AM the ACTION ? But seems for some we server admins are not real players, we just invest cash and time, setting up events, modding or boosting our games so we don't have to baby sit taming a rex for a few days, some of us do work and have a life outside of ark ?

Server admins are the best kind of players in my book, as they actively help people out and improve their experience.

3 minutes ago, Scuff3d said:

They can’t do both that’s the thing. They release new items which make it easier to mesh

Yes they can and WC are not the only ones, every game are like this. You can live with it or not play...or be patient until it gets fixed to a reasonable level, no game are perfect and releasing content, like extinction is what keeps them & us going, they even included S+ for free. Do you code? I guess not, if you would, then you would not be here... bug squashing is not easy and will take time, that is all.

27 minutes ago, ChillEBean said:

How is fixing meshing going to mess up your game? Unless you mesh yourself, it shouldnt be a problem at all.

Why do you (and everyone else who preaches this HOD thing) think that just because we / others / anyone who says something against your opinion, dont like this movement that were automatically against fixing meshing?

Not one single person has said this. This isnt going to fix meshing.. its just going to piss a lot of people off. HOD is playing you guys.. he knew this going into it that he would probably get banned.. breaking rules does that.

We all want meshing fixed, even if it doesnt affect us. Ive been around here a lot longer than you, so have many of the others who have spoke out against this "movement" We are high contributors to this game and we care about its' well being just as much as you, despite what you might think. This just isnt the way to go about it. 

57 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

So you are just trolling people. If you play unofficial, you don’t have a dog in the fight. Probably oughta step back and let the real players hash this one out. ;)

so by that thought anyone who plays PvE should not get in the fight either .....

REAL players... now then ..... that is EVERY SINGLE person that bought the game EVERY SINGLE one they we ARE players so jog on u break rules u get burnt

Frankly while I might see both sides, I do think WC is making a huge error in banning folks like HOD who only make the game better.  The guy has 180K followers so don't you think the smartest course of action is to have a dialogue with the guy and listen to his ideas on how to fix the game in the short term?  Regardless of whether you agree with his methods or not you have to admit that banning him is NOT the best course of actions for WC.

This 'huge' community uproar is from hod's followers and maybe a little of the already knowing playerbase .. the rest of us are breeding / meat runs / taming ingame so yeah GL with this active 'boycott' of ARK ... i am pretty sure that this could be a breach of the EULA we all agreed to at the start too ... but i dont give a toss and am not trolling through pages of fine details to check i just use my common sense and dont cheat and try not to rock the boat on the OFFICIAL forums .. 

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Why do you (and everyone else who preaches this HOD thing) think that just because we / others / anyone who says something against your opinion, dont like this movement that were automatically against fixing meshing?

Not one single person has said this. This isnt going to fix meshing.. its just going to piss a lot of people off. HOD is playing you guys.. he knew this going into it that he would probably get banned.. breaking rules does that.

We all want meshing fixed, even if it doesnt affect us. Ive been around here a lot longer than you, so have many of the others who have spoke out against this "movement" We are high contributors to this game and we care about its' well being just as much as you, despite what you might think. This just isnt the way to go about it. 

Well if you think HOD shouldn’t be unbanned so be it, that’s your opinion, I’m talking about the guy I responded to, as his response to us trying to get meshing fixed would somehow “mess up his game” which fixing meshing shouldn’t mess up anyone’s game at all unless your a meshed. Fixing meshing and getting HOD unbanned are two different stories.

Just now, Duffmek said:

so by that thought anyone who plays PvE should not get in the fight either .....

REAL players... now then ..... that is EVERY SINGLE person that bought the game EVERY SINGLE one they we ARE players so jog on u break rules u get burnt

So much of this. Just because people don’t play official, doesn’t mean we don’t want the game fixed. What about all of the unofficial PvP players? Not every server has rules and admins to enforce them. Everything that can be done in official can be done in unofficial because it’s a core game issue. The servers that do have rules can’t prevent people meshing, but at least if they have rules against it, they can ban the offenders and possibly roll back to a previous save.

Archived