Natehawk

41 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

No it makes perfect sense because a lot of tribes have in the past and would continue to do, make use of cheaters to win them battles. If you let cheaters in your tribe your tribe is gaining an unfair advantage ie the tribe as a whole is cheating and therefore bans are well deserved.

it's a video game and you think it's ethical to ban 200 accounts base on one person cheating? what game mechanic or ethical tool is used in the game investigate anybody of past or present intent on cheating there is none. so how can you definitely say if one person is cheater or not. no matter what kind of benefit gain game in the game or not gain in the game. 200 Accounts at $60 a pop and the population or ethical problem you choose bring to your game because of one cheater. doesn't sound like any game mechanic on any game that I've ever heard of. the 1% always ruins it for the 99% then you get fan boys at think that everybody's a cheater hahaha

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't buy Atlas because it was such a poopty launch and now I will not buy any ark dlc's that i was wanting. one of the reasons i got into ark at all was because of people like HOD and watching his vids. The fact that you banned your biggest content creator and one of your biggest supporters is going to cost you. Instead of fixing the game you decide to try to get of the people making noise. Imagine if League of Legends banned doublelift or sneaky they would start killing their player base off even more than they have with balance issues etc. This will be a painful lesson for wildcard and I will never give them money again and will discourage anyone and everyone I know from doing the same. Let the fires burn!

So I'll jump in the fray.

One of the biggest issues here is many people have made meshing videos in single player without a ban. The TOS does not cover single player. Many people have made meshing videos on Ark's official servers or been reported with video evidence violating the CoC and have not received a ban so why the cherry picking? Where's the consistency? 

There was nothing new here that hadn't been discussed/shown before so why did he get the ban?

Do you really think people who want to mesh finally got the motivation and super secret insight from this video or were they already aware of this and doing it? Really they have the most to lose here if they fix these simple exploits.

These are basic and obvious mesh techniques with simple fixes that still exist. That's the issue here. He just has a "louder voice" (large following) and the platform to try and institute real change by applying pressure using his fan base to get something done that should have been done weeks, months, and years ago. 

Private videos have not worked in the past but public videos have instituted a few changes so of course he's going to take that route. 

People who say, "well yea, meshing is a known issue", yes it is and these simple and basic techniques still exist.  How does that not irk you?

I think WC's reaction here is poor. They could fix the problems to make meshing more difficult but instead kill the messenger. That's sad.

41 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yep because 1 player got correctly banned the game is going to die. Excellent logic there.

Ark has been “dying” for years. Strangely that almost everything that official players claim is killing the game has absolutely no impact on the unofficial playerbase. Though if I was a betting man, HOD’s loyal fanbase won’t actually quit the game, well, those of them that even play  Ark at all.

All is fair in love and war.

I wonder who will win this battle?

Popular Ark Youtuber H.O.D Gaming and Company vs Wildcard Studios and Associates.

Is H.O.D Gaming a Cheat and dirty gamer? - Because a ban basically implies that you are.

Or...

Is Wildcard Studios an Unjust Tyrant who dishes out InJustice?

How powerful is Social Media as an instrument of change?

Just how powerful is a bunch of Gaming Youtubers and Tweeters in this day and age?

If Social Media does not work, does that mean, "The pen is weaker than the sword?"

Stay tune to find out.

Although I have no idea who HOD is I have to wonder if his ban was for making the Video or was it the fact that he got attention, maybe too much and someone decided to look into and watch what he was doing on official servers and got banned at that point.

Something about this just smells like someone walking up to a cop and provoking him/her. 

That generally is not a smart move.

It would take some time to pull up old logs and find items that where destroyed by said player. Then bring up a server backup from prior and see how it was done. But that takes time and normally wouldn't happen but if you poke a dog well it just might decide to look for a soft spot and bite back. 

But hey can still play on all the unofficial servers. I do believe there are a lot more of them then official.

And lets not forget, if your going to make an example of someone you don't pick a player nobody knows about, you take the big fish out first.

Might as well add my 2 cents since this is still open, TOS does not cover SinglePlayer nor Private servers unaffected by battleeye at all this might change since its being pointed out here I kinda expect that to happen.

H.O.D has made a video pointing out IN SINGLEPLAYER exploits that he and all PVP players have to deal with on a daily basis, exploits that have been in the game since launch and still plague us to this day. He also gave good suggestions on how to fix things by removing some of the offending items, I would have personally suggested a death floor under the map in the mesh but its w/e. A ban to a content creator attempting to bring attention to an ongoing and seemingly from the communities view an ignored problem, is terrible PR and yes I believe him when he says he does not mesh on official lads and ladies HOD has that kind of clout and reputation in my eyes.

Yet we still have youtubers who have openly meshed on official sitting unbanned just leaves a bad taste in the mouth all around.

So there is no way to just add a parameter to the terrain asset used on ground and rock textures and objects that can detect if a player entity passes passes more than lets say 80% into the surface of the asset, and then all it does is send an alert so wildcard can then investigate the player and ban them??

Talking about how they cant add kill boxes everywhere or going around fixing random holes 1 by 1 as they find them or having to remove vital elements of the game. Like what the hell, those are all foolish solutions to me. Focus on being able to detect meshers so that people make a correlation between meshing and being banned. You see the problem is that unless an admin is present or able to witness a mesh incident then there is no other evidence besides other players here say to validate a ban, unless the player record themselves doing it. 

Stop trying to put bandaids on the problem and try to implement prevention rather than cure, it's all fine and well to say meshing is against the rules and will be banned but unless you actually impliment a way to detect meshes using an automated system, i.e a simple check on terrain assets that can detect and log if a player passes a certain percentage of themselves through the object, you will not be able to deter people from doing this. You need a prevention rather than cure here. Find a way to detect if a player has meshed and then for the game to alert devs/admins of that players I.D and bam meshers will drop like flies when they start realizing that there is no more sneaky way to mesh and they can easily be detected without needing video or eye witness evidence.

ive played nearly everyday from early access launch on ps4 . im addicted. although my gut reaction to hod ban was in his favour , now ive had time to reflect . his ban is justified . he may have a salty taste in his mouth right now but he will be back in some other guise or with other content to keep his channel going. there are times I really hate wc yet im still playing. I have huge criticism over wc yet im still playing . its ironic how either those who are slating wc right now are non players or old players .free speech and all , but your point exactly? and then everyone else who agree or disagree but are still playing . tbh  if wc could fix meshing 100% they would knowing its a huge community issue and  potential game breaker that if meshing wasn't a thing, then ark could have been one the best titles out there . then we would moan about pillar spam , the list goes on . he broke rules . two wrongs don't make a right. anyone playing ark now even if they agree with hod will still be playing tomorrow and hod will be old news.

6 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

In all likely hood it can't be fixed 100% either due to issues with the Unreal engine or because of whatever code base Wild Card used to build the game.

do u understand coding and engines etc? reason I ask is cause the engine is just that, the platform designed to run the coding which the game developers put on it, the engine is not fault in this situation. if it was unreal would have fixed it by now (4years old this game is a joke). The devs addressed this in a previous post, saying the complex coding and recycling of pre existing textures is the problem. all they do is texture and code a few structures into the game and place them at different angles, ocassionally the angles don't "mesh" together properly and leave a hole in the map. 

5 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yep because 1 player got correctly banned the game is going to die. Excellent logic there.

HOD was banned unfairly, simple. took them 2 months to get back to a friend about a ticket I submitted, took them 4 hours to ban someone who called them out. they silencing the people with a voice 180 000 at a time.

the game complexity and lazy devs is the biggest problem with ark. the focus at the moment seems to be pve. Seriously though there a loads of mesh tutorials, god mode glitch tutorials, server roll back tutorials etc. why aren't they banned? cause they didn't call out the devs, plain and simple.

And you are correct, its gonna nigh on impossible to fix it 100% but if they addressed the community and let us all know what going on would be a good place to start. maybe watching all the cheat videos and responding to those issues. 

I wouldn't care if I had 2 updates a day for the next few weeks while they resolve things and im sure loads of players would agree. as soon as a hole is fixed port the patch. Maybe give 1 hours notice via a server update if they worried about the backlash from people loosing things. but start working on the big issue at the moment and that's meshing on official and keep the community informed. its toxic enough as it is.

1 hour ago, HoboNation said:

So there is no way to just add a parameter to the terrain asset used on ground and rock textures and objects that can detect if a player entity passes passes more than lets say 80% into the surface of the asset, and then all it does is send an alert so wildcard can then investigate the player and ban them??

Talking about how they cant add kill boxes everywhere or going around fixing random holes 1 by 1 as they find them or having to remove vital elements of the game. Like what the hell, those are all foolish solutions to me. Focus on being able to detect meshers so that people make a correlation between meshing and being banned. You see the problem is that unless an admin is present or able to witness a mesh incident then there is no other evidence besides other players here say to validate a ban, unless the player record themselves doing it. 

Stop trying to put bandaids on the problem and try to implement prevention rather than cure, it's all fine and well to say meshing is against the rules and will be banned but unless you actually impliment a way to detect meshes using an automated system, i.e a simple check on terrain assets that can detect and log if a player passes a certain percentage of themselves through the object, you will not be able to deter people from doing this. You need a prevention rather than cure here. Find a way to detect if a player has meshed and then for the game to alert devs/admins of that players I.D and bam meshers will drop like flies when they start realizing that there is no more sneaky way to mesh and they can easily be detected without needing video or eye witness evidence.

screenshots and evidence don't do anything, trust me, my friend gave all the proof of the undermappers that meshed him they still playing. 2 months later. well done wildcard.

are they gonna fix the triangle floor and ceilings, u can use those to mesh if u didn't know that??!!!!??!!!! yea they know what they doing but just don't care. they got our money and now they dipping. its a smash and grab. 

Hi.

I like this guy content on Yt and also pretty feel unfair what happened to him. I prefer to juge the intention rather than the fact. so since I believe he wanted to make the devs aware of a big problem and not a how to cheat video, he did nothing wrong to me.

My point is Ark in a commercial logic was pushed too early and actualy is an unfinished product in term of quality... everyone's game experience talk itself. Wildcard leaders will probably never assume they did mistake or bad choice during their development process that today leads to tons of broken stuff. That's not good for marketing, from this coming the ignore and silence tactic... and this unfair ban.

Ps : I'm not blaming the dev for anything, just stating things as they are the most honestly I can, and I maybe wrong

The funny thing is that people think WildCard even cares about the game. I have undeniable proof of people selling dinos for real life money. Proof linking steam accounts to these people selling on reddit and other 3rd party sites, proof linking steam accounts to servers where the seller is selling their entire base for money over paypal. All I got from enforcement was, thanks for reporting, but we dont actually care message. These people that exploit the game still play the game freely, selling freely, making money off WildCard freely.

I am not saying you should cheat, but if you do, chances are nothing will happen to you even if reported.

23 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

None of that is in the slightest bit new. The guy was fishing for viewers and instead caught a ban. Time to move on.

Hod does not need to fish for viewers lol hes angry for being meshed over and over again hours of gaming lost because wc cannot and will not fix there issues.Hes showing how easy it is on sp may i add not official trying to draw wc attention to it and fix it as we all know they just ignore us anyway.There are youtubers whose whole channel is built around meshing and glitching on ark are they banned? No they are not cannot beleive what they have done to hod hes one of the 1st youtubers i watched regarding ark many years ago hes a credible guy and this is outrageous!!!!!!!!

So, since it feels like the community is finally fed up with wildcard, I suggest two different plans, passive and aggressive, we can take in order to make it so they finally realize that they need to fix meshing.

1. First plan is the pacifist route, we all just completely boycott ark. Just don’t play, they see their game is completely failing, and they fix meshing to appease the players. It’s as easy as that. (Kinda, we all know arks addicting)

2. The second plan (which my friend thought of and I don’t entirly agree with, as I think the pacifist route will work just fine, but this route may need to be taken to cause a big enough fire for them to see.) is to just cause a full on riot and have everyone create as much destruction and chaos as possible in every Server you’re on, BUT do it by meshing. My friends philosophy is that if EVERYONE just starts meshing and destroying as much as possible, it will cause more and more people to complain about meshing, eventually coming to a point where almost everyone is complaining about it due to the thousands to people meshing everyone not for the loot or for breaking bases, but because they just want the game to die out, (Obviously people don’t want the death of the game, so they will bring the attention to the devs to fix the meshing)

Personally I don’t know how well the aggressive route will go and if it will go well at all, and most people will agree with the pacifist route anyway (which I’m doing atm) so I suggest everyone else boycotts ark completely. Just don’t play. Ez. Also, I’ve realized that on YouTube, Reddit, and In-Game on servers everyone wants HOD unbanned, but on the forums is the only place there seems to be the type of people who think he “deserved” the ban. Weird that the HQ of all ark is where the ark fanboys are trying to defend the devs by saying “HOD deserves the ban” even though everyone already knows how to mesh so it’s just better to bring awareness to the fact meshing exists.

16 hours ago, ghostgamerhd said:

The fact that you have to concider being meshed is a thing is disgusting in a 60$ game.. Its like playing any fps game kowing that your opponent has wall hacks.. Lol... And trust me no base spot is safe.. I never meshed in my life but give me your base location and it will be gone by the next time you log in..

Haha ;) gotta find me!!!there's lots great spots that are near no holes in the mesh just gotta know your holes lol and build accordingly I play a lot of unofficial these days the offical rates have drained  my soul but ya ur welcome to come join the godly ark cluster an try to raid my 7 man tribe rofl!!!!we don't log  off ;)different time zones are so nice ;)

Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Even In-Game everyone I’ve talked to supports HOD, but this forum seems to be the only place people think HOD deserved the ban. Idk if it’s because they’re bitter at HOD for whatever reason, or their extreme ark fanboys that want to defend the devs at all costs, but it just seems odd that everywhere there’s actual active players and not just a forum they defend him instead of attacking him.

15 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I didn't say he did nor that he didn't. All I said is that we don't and won't know the full story. Let's take for example I go to a protest against police brutality. On the spot I get arrested. People on social medias goes mad saying I got arrested for protesting. What they don't know, is that the day before I robbed a bank and killed the two guards. So yes, him being banned for something else than releasing that video is more than a possibility granted the fact that, again, we don't know the full story.

Well, based on what we know, is that he made a similar video months ago along with a petition to get the Climbing Pick removed from the game that generated hundreds thousands of views. Why wasn't he banned then? So yes, considering the fact that he now makes multiple videos on this, that are few seconds past the 10 minutes mark and packed with the maximum ads he can put, this sure seems like an attempt to milk the situation and generates the same amount of views and adsense money to me.

Anyways, I really could not care less about this drama so I will not be replying anymore. The only thing I wanted to say is that people should not be picking a side over the other when we only have one version, that's all.

Ok but with u saying that it means nothing in less yall as ark devs show his community that he broke yalls rules not on a solo server because that doesnt break any ONLINE GAMING RULES. Then ur litterally bleeting like sheep. Because saying he could of dont somthing is like saying he could of broken any number of rules or laws like seriously yall sounds like KIDS qith ur fingers pointed like forreal be grown adults about the situation an make a bold post on this forem about ur real reason for doing it because to EVERYONE ELSE it looks like yall banned him strickly for showing how broken ur game really is. An u cant denie that it isnt. Now with all that being said why would yall bann him after all hes done for yall trying to push yalls probucts like atlas honestly u show ur true colors an im gonna tell u as someone who follows this game an all of ur content closely because even tho im mad at yall i love this game. IT FEELS LIKE YALL ARE SUPPORTING THE MESHERS OVER UR COMMUNITY AN IF THATS THE CASE I HOPE YALL GET WHATS COMING TO U

I believe the correct way to handle this would have been to ask HOD to take the video down since it was done on single player and NOT on an active, official server. If he refused, then ban him for explaining how to cheat. I personally HIGHLY disagree with the policy of banning a player because they exploited in single player because that MIGHT affect multiplayer. I am all for banning people who exploit on live servers.

I do not believe Wildcard can fix meshing. When they started Ark they really screwed up somehow and locked themselves into UE4.5.1 without the ability to upgrade. Many things have been fixed and added that Ark cannot get now due to this. I have read that Wildcard could fix their core issues in UE4, but it would require a LOT of work and considering they have finished the story (Ark is nowhere NEAR done in my opinion, as far as code goes) and are working on Atlas, it likely is not financially feasible to fix their code and upgrade to something like UE4.21. Ultimately they are there to make money, and if fixing the game costs them money then they wasted their time.

Along with that, I would love to see Ark's source released at some point. I'd be more than happy to dig into some C++ and fix said code and release a fan-made Ark running on the current Unreal Engine with true SLI support and the like.

Archived