Natehawk

27 minutes ago, ghostgamerhd said:

thats the point love... Some times people need to show tough love towards the game.. The more people get meshed the faster its gona get fixed of the game will die.. Both thing works

“The faster it will get fixed” lol. You think Wildcard are going to magically conjure up more employees to fix meshing just because someone does an exposure video? Does everyone think that the developers are as ignorant as the vocal minority of their playerbase?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

Guys. We have tolerated this thread so far even tho it clearly goes against the Community Forums Guidelines (rule #3) stating that bans should not be discussed publicly. If this continues to be people fighting instead of having a civil discussion then it will be closed.

That being said, here is my opinion on the situation. I personally think people are quick to jump to conclusions. How do you guys even know he was banned for that video and not for something else that he did when his recording was off? Because he said so? Easy to play the victim card when the timing is right. The reality is that we don't know and won't know the full story because Wildcard policy is to not discuss enforcement actions publicly. If that guy want details or appeal his ban, then he should submit a support ticket. Creating more videos on this indicates me he is trying to milk the situation for quick ads money.

1 minute ago, SaltyMonkey said:

“The faster it will get fixed” lol. You think Wildcard are going to magically conjure up more employees to fix meshing just because someone does an exposure video? Does everyone think that the developers are as ignorant as the vocal minority of their playerbase?

They can redirect their resources.

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

If that guy want details or appeal his ban, then he should submit a support ticket. Creating more videos on this indicates me he is trying to milk the situation for quick ads money. 

I wouldn't know from experience so take this with a grain of salt but there are so many complaints out there about support tickets taking months before getting feedback. I'd also argue that hod cares more about the problem at hand rather than his personal details of why he was banned. Again Its hard for me to provide much evidence for this, but he does have a few different mini series of problems in ark which I believe shows that he truly does care for the state of the game. 

So i was gonna start talking a how bunch of crap about how ur game is broken but u already know this. I was gonna continue to push an push what i feel u already know was a terrible decision on yalls part but guess what im worried yall are gonna ban me from one of my favorite games. THATS WHY WE ARE ALL SO DAM MAD THATS WHY TODAY I FELT THE NEED TO MAKE THIS PROFILE AN FIGHT THIS FIGHT WITH EVERYONE ELSE WE LOVE THIS GAME FIX IT PLES an unbann hod hes honestly a huge part of this community 

35 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Guys. We have tolerated this thread so far even tho it clearly goes against the Community Forums Guidelines (rule #3) stating that bans should not be discussed publicly. If this continues to be people fighting instead of having a civil discussion then it will be closed.

Something tells me that closing this thread isn't going to stop the angry mobs from creating multiple threads non-stop, given the fact that they haven't stopped despite this. (And they probably won't care about being banned if they plan to quit ARK just because of this.)

35 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

That being said, here is my opinion on the situation. I personally think people are quick to jump to conclusions. How do you guys even know he was banned for that video and not for something else that he did when his recording was off? Because he said so? Easy to play the victim card when the timing is right. The reality is that we don't know and won't know the full story because Wildcard policy is to not discuss enforcement actions publicly. If that guy want details or appeal his ban, then he should submit a support ticket. Creating more videos on this indicates me he is trying to milk the situation for quick ads money.

With that logic it turns into "he said, she said" and the person holding the power will always win. I am much more likely to listen to HOD gaming over a faceless dev who I'd like to remind you has yet to fix this mess of a game. Also considering their selective heavy handed enforcement over official servers, this does not surprise me in the slightest. They are the kinds of people who avoid fixing major issues within their game and rather respond with quick bans instead. Sure, he could have submitted a support ticket, but considering they banned him in the first place I think he has a right to tell people about it because if this is true it's actually disgusting. 

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, Meshmonkeys said:

If u honestly think he was banned for any other reason then the fact that he SHOWED THAT THE GAME CAN EASILY MESH ur bent dude

I didn't say he did nor that he didn't. All I said is that we don't and won't know the full story. Let's take for example I go to a protest against police brutality. On the spot I get arrested. People on social medias goes mad saying I got arrested for protesting. What they don't know, is that the day before I robbed a bank and killed the two guards. So yes, him being banned for something else than releasing that video is more than a possibility granted the fact that, again, we don't know the full story.

2 minutes ago, Ryuk said:

With that logic it turns into "he said, she said" and the person holding the power will always win. I am much more likely to listen to HOD gaming over a faceless dev who I'd like to remind you has yet to fix this mess of a game. Also considering their selective heavy handed enforcement over official servers, this does not surprise me in the slightest. They are the kinds of people who avoid fixing major issues within their game and rather respond with quick bans instead. Sure, he could have submitted a support ticket, but considering they banned him in the first place I think he has a right to tell people about it because if this is true it's actually disgusting. 

Well, based on what we know, is that he made a similar video months ago along with a petition to get the Climbing Pick removed from the game that generated hundreds thousands of views. Why wasn't he banned then? So yes, considering the fact that he now makes multiple videos on this, that are few seconds past the 10 minutes mark and packed with the maximum ads he can put, this sure seems like an attempt to milk the situation and generates the same amount of views and adsense money to me.

Anyways, I really could not care less about this drama so I will not be replying anymore. The only thing I wanted to say is that people should not be picking a side over the other when we only have one version, that's all.

So I was reviewing the Code of Conduct that you can find here and it really does talk about the Official Network. But I did find this interesting bit of talk.

Hack related chat

There should be no discussions in game or on our official sites regarding hacks, including access to cheats, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized.

So, which is it? Is it only Official Network, or everywhere? Because we are talking about YouTube, not official sites or in-game. I'm assuming in-game means Official Network.

But we don't know what was the reason for the ban. He needs to appeal. We can only speculate, although normally discussion of bans is not allowed. Not that you can actually stop people from discussing something on this magnitude.

#FreeHOD. Pass this on if you think HOD should receive compensation for his ban and that WC should work harder on addressing various exploits in the game.
Yes, I am aware showing how to mesh is a bannable offense, maybe HOD making a video that did show ways of how to do it was a bad move by him, but he is still signifying that there are so many obvious, easy fixes to address meshing that aren't being done. He needs a second chance.
Also I have done some basic level design myself, and know some people who know more advanced techniques to it, it's not soooooo hard to fix glitching under the map that it should be ignored. Even adding murder-boxes/kill bounds on official servers in exploitable locations would be a VERY easy way to address it.

There was a 13yr old programmer who hacked ESO, the game I played before Ark, and made a private submission for Zenimax-Bethesda's eyes only along with suggestions on how they could improve their security to stop it from happening.  He got banned.  

Learn from this.  

If you know how to exploit a game and want to help protect it from being exploited - don't.  Use what you know to build and defend your own game. 

Leave sleeping dragon's be.

14 minutes ago, swicky23 said:

#freehod  i highly suggest nobody plays this crap game. Nothing but meshing and duping lol wildcard u have the worst devs on plant earth if u keep hod banned. Dont ban people that try n help u fix ur game. BAN THE PEOPLE THAT ACAULLY MESH

WRONG. The game is not nothing but meshing and duping. I play unofficial and its all good on there. 

Why do you and a lot of other players make such nonsensical statements. I know it could be taken as a hyperbole but why not use accurate statements of fact rather than exaggerated, childish like statements. (i am not talking just about you Swicky23)

"Games are only 0's and 1's!"

Whilst that as an example is true it is also not true as a game is more than just the code and more than just the visual.

Im off to bed and I think i have had my fill of H.O.D related matters for one day xD

I also would like to point out that for someone who "doesnt or have never " meshed he knows a lot about it. And just because someone says they have not done something does not mean they have not. Most humans will lie to clear their name or make others look bad such as in this case.

He deserved the ban and he should learn from it rather than try and fight against a games company. 

So everyone that gives wild card constructive critisim should be banned right. dude my tribe built in the mesh on offical we even posted on youtube our base location n how to mesh n everything we didnt get banned so me the mesher i can still log on any server rn n mesh any1 i want but a youtuber who has supported ark since it came out got banned for makeing a vid to stop meshing. Makes perfect sense

Archived