Natehawk

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Lycan187u said:

So if I was to show a exploit an how to do it in single player it's not banable?

my point was merely that meshing in singleplayer is not a banning offense - i can do whatever i like in my singleplayer games -  i will otherwise keep my opinions on the matter to myself.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Yeah, I misread what he said. In any case, showing how to use an exploit in singleplayer IS NOT BANNABLE. It has never been specified in the terms of service of the game, so it was UNFAIR.

Am pretty sure one of the clips showing how to mesh was done on small tribs official server, it wasnt HOD himself but clearly showed how it happens. 

He wanted banned trust me. Its a public stunt. 

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

If everyone is already talking about meshing, what did this video achieve other than encouraging would be meshers?

Would everyone be up in arms if it was a lesser known YouTuber or is it because this guy has a decent following that he thinks he’s immune to consequences?

Dude, what is it that you people don't understand? What consequences does he deserve for exposing an exploit within the UN-MODIFIED game in singleplayer?! It's not about how many subscribers he has. The only thing that his already established fan base has done is made this abuse become more well known in a much shorter amount of time. 

I personally think that a global ban is not a punishment that fits the crime in this scenario, although I can agree with a lot of people that he should not of made a video telling people how to mesh I do not think a global ban is fitting, I think something else important to point out is that there are multiple other people who have made videos about how to mesh and you could easily figure out how with a simple search, but HOD was clearly upset with the current state of the game and took his issues to a platform in which he knew he could make a change, and because of this he was banned, which I believe isn’t fair in this scenario, there are lots of people saying that he should’ve contacted wildcard with the issues but this has presviously showed to be extremely ineffective, in his video you can clearly tell that his goal is not to encourage meshing but the opposite, I think a big contributor to the ban as well is the fact that he had such a big following, overall I don’t think that posting a video telling people how to mesh was the most successful approach to getting the issue solved but I do think he has done good by showcasing problems and starting a large scale conversation in the community as to the current state of the game

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am pretty sure one of the clips showing how to mesh was done on small tribs official server, it wasnt HOD himself but clearly showed how it happens. 

He wanted banned trust me. Its a public stunt. 

So if I show a clip of someone else breaking the TOS in a youtube video, does that justify banning me from the game? That's ridiculous. THINK before you post.

33 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

he got wiped .. so he has nothing to lose .. getting banned didnt mean poop to him then ... congrats he is stirring the pot of pity and anger lashing out out and trying to ruin what the devs ARE trying to fix albeit too slowly for many players, so this was in all intents and purposes a really dumb move on his part .. almost like a knee jerk reaction to get his followers up in arms and try to put pressure on a team that is already under alot of pressure ... meh ban is still fair in this case.

Get your facts straight WC Fanboy.  They meshed through the back of his underwater cave and destroyed the tek gen,  they destroyed a few vaults and killed one or two dinos.  Most of the base remained in tack.  I don't like people who spout off without knowing the case.

1 minute ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Dude, what is it that you people don't understand? What consequences does he deserve for exposing an exploit within the UN-MODIFIED game in singleplayer?! It's not about how many subscribers he has. The only thing that his already established fan base has done is made this abuse become more well known in a much shorter amount of time. 

Id say this is the best post thus far defending HOD. This is how we banter.

Lol @ all the people defending wildcard right now. Must be pve players or you've been lucky enough not to get meshed. The second any of you get meshed you'll be on the forums whining that they need to fix it. Crazy how people are alright with meshing being so prominent in the game when there are so many simple fixes. 

People think it's justified HOD got banned for making a video on meshing, but turn a blind eye to the fact dozens of people mesh every day without any sort repercussion. 

The issue is more than just the fact HOD got banned. For some reason, people rather just ignore the issues than work towards a fix. Whether you support what happened to HOD or not, you need to see the bigger picture. Calling people names on the internet isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Keep arguing like little kids while the game spirals into an ever-worsening state though. Seems like that's all anyone can do anymore.

2 minutes ago, Illraiseu10dank said:

Lol @ all the people defending wildcard right now. Must be pve players or you've been lucky enough not to get meshed. The second any of you get meshed you'll be on the forums whining that they need to fix it. Crazy how people are alright with meshing being so prominent in the game when there are so many simple fixes. 

People think it's justified HOD got banned for making a video on meshing, but turn a blind eye to the fact dozens of people mesh every day without any sort repercussion. 

The issue is more than just the fact HOD got banned. For some reason, people rather just ignore the issues than work towards a fix. Whether you support what happened to HOD or not, you need to see the bigger picture. Calling people names on the internet isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Keep arguing like little kids while the game spirals into an ever-worsening state though. Seems like that's all anyone can do anymore.

Nope pvp;) we build accordingly  to prevent being meshed...

1 hour ago, Illraiseu10dank said:

If people don't argue about the game, it's never going to change. If nobody spoke up, nothing would happen, and thus there would be no feedback for the devs to learn from. I think you're making it seem like fixing meshing is an easy task. It's not, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. There are ways to fix meshing, but they just haven't been made clear enough to the devs. We need to make our voices louder and change ARK for the better.

Just now, NeddyTheNoodle said:

If people don't argue about the game, it's never going to change. If nobody spoke up, nothing would happen, and thus there would be no feedback for the devs to learn from. I think you're making it seem like fixing meshing is an easy task. It's not, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. There are ways to fix meshing, but they just haven't been made clear enough to the devs. We need to make our voices louder and change ARK for the better.

I'm not trying to say it's easy to completely fix meshing, I'm trying to say it would be easy to do things to the game that would make meshing much less prominent. Like removing chairs from pvp, no sleeping bags near enemy foundations, patching map holes etc. Little things like that would go a very, very long way. And I'm not saying nobody should speak up, I'm saying that the players need to stop arguing between themselves and argue with the devs about what is clearly the main issue in the game atm. I can't understand why people defend wildcard when there are simple fixes like the ones I stated that would greatly improve the state of the game

1 hour ago, Illraiseu10dank said:

I'm not trying to say it's easy to completely fix meshing, I'm trying to say it would be easy to do things to the game that would make meshing much less prominent. Like removing chairs from pvp, no sleeping bags near enemy foundations, patching map holes etc. Little things like that would go a very, very long way. And I'm not saying nobody should speak up, I'm saying that the players need to stop arguing between themselves and argue with the devs about what is clearly the main issue in the game atm. I can't understand why people defend wildcard when there are simple fixes like the ones I stated that would greatly improve the state of the game

Well yeah, I wish people didn't come in here without having any context and just throw their horrible, fallacious arguments out there as just to pipe in.

21 minutes ago, Illraiseu10dank said:

Says people only argue and name call on the internet. Proceeds to then insult and name call, on the internet. 

The irony in this is hilarious. Pathetic post xD 

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

I play legacy so I'm able to mesh turrets ;)

Oh okay, so you play on server that are dead and don't have anyone banning meshers on them. If you had told me that in the first place, I wouldn't have been so perplexed by your claim. On the populated servers, you can't defend your base by meshing or else you're at risk of getting banned.

Just now, SlipperySalmon said:

This is not a UE4 problem.  WC has just coded the map system wrong, or bug prone. It's clear you don't know how the UE4 engine is decoupled from the WC code, dink.

You're right. I know next to nothing about coding. Id imagine HOD is in the same boat.

"rEmOvE sLeEpInG bAgS aNd ChAiRs 11!!1!1"

Just now, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Oh okay, so you play on server that are dead and don't have anyone banning meshers on them. If you had told me that in the first place, I wouldn't have been so perplexed by your claim. On the populated servers, you can't defend your base by meshing or else you're at risk of getting banned.

O there's ways to do it on offical but can't be explained on these forums 

Archived