Natehawk

55 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The guy made a video that was basically a noob's guide to cheating and then filmed himself meshing on an Xbox Official Server. 100% guilty and deserving of the ban.

The things people will sink to these days just to get a few subs/viewers on their videos...….

Obviously didn't watch the video carefully enough or you would've known it's not HOD on Xbox official but another youtuber.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ForzaProiettile said:

Well regardless why don't you join your fanboy buddies in one of the other 10 or so threads they have spammed on here today. 

Do you think that it's right to ban someone from a game who committed no offense within that game? I'm not a big fan of HOD but I am of ARK and this is why I act.

Guys no point trying even to talk with the devs about this they are just soo lazy to put it in the nice way ?? they rather try to hide this kinda stuff and ackt like they do something constructive like example banning HOD they are just salty bechause they dont know how to fix their 1st game they could at least lower the price of the game i mean cmon man 60euros? ???? gimme a break more like 20-25euros now they are selling atlas as the new amazing game im quessing they made atlas only and only so that they can hide arks problems and bechause they realized that they dont have SKILL to fiz the first game they made no im no game developer but wild card cmon fix ARK’S BIGGEST PROBLEM meshing sorry i forgot i have to spell it to u guys M E S H ? stop making new stuff for the game and fix your current problems there oh and btw if my comment did not make it obvious read my name UN BAN HOD ???

well... why not

• deactivate the chair for pvp, it has literally no use
  • deactivate being able to place sleeping bags in enemy territory
  • no cryoing while being grabbed

this would be rly easy to do and fix a lot of meshing methods. Im aware that people will always find a way to break the game, BUT... cmon there are so many holes in the maps, how about setting a map up properly. When extinction was released i myself found like 5 holes in the first day by accident... BY ACCIDENT, i didnt even look for it. Some where like "oh, theres mesh looking through the texture, big enough to even fly a ptera through the hole"... No need for meshing methods, just fly through the map. Idk why any game developer would publish maps with that amount of holes...

Its not about fixing meshing, its about making it as hard as possible and all wc did was implement stuff that makes it even easier xD

13 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

There was nothing constructive in his video. It was a how to cheat in ARK guide and not much else. It's not even new any of this,  under-meshing has existed for ages and so have these technique's hes claimed to have discovered. He is just another streamer trying to cash in on viewers with misleading video titles and click bait. 

I clicked on one his videos titled "Schooner Sinks Galleon" (its from a ship/pirate game called Atlas). So I watch the video and the title isn't exactly accurate. If it were to match the content of the video it would be called "8 Schooners Sink 1 Galleon" ??

Pretty sure he offers way to get rid of the of the huge influx of meshers at the end. His ideas were to patch holes in the map, remove climbing picks, remove chairs, and a few others. Obviously you didn't watch the video either so stop talking.

2 minutes ago, jappyness said:

Pretty sure he offers way to get rid of the of the huge influx of meshers at the end. His ideas were to patch holes in the map, remove climbing picks, remove chairs, and a few others. Obviously you didn't watch the video either so stop talking.

None of that is in the slightest bit new. The guy was fishing for viewers and instead caught a ban. Time to move on.

6 minutes ago, Illusioneer said:

Do you think that it's right to ban someone from a game who committed no offense within that game? I'm not a big fan of HOD but I am of ARK and this is why I act.

He was promoting cheating and I am sure there is something in the Eula that would cover his specific case.

7 minutes ago, jappyness said:

"Fix holes in the Maps" - big under taking im sure. Very simply said but not so easy to execute im sure.

"Remove chairs on pvp" so remove a feature of the game as innocent as chairs because of cheaters? Take away option to put em on para is better

"remove climbing picks" - the main feature and tool for getting round Aberration? Daft idea.

Also HOD videos are not the highest quality but that one seemed very under developed and his accent and manner was terribly annoying including his modulation and stuttering. its like he did it in 5 minutes. 

I do want to say that yes there’s a rule you can’t show mesh spots or how to do it or blah blah blah but everyone already knows how to do it so it literally doesn’t make a difference at all if you show it off at this point, so it’s just better to bring awareness to it honestly cause even if he’s banned, there’s thousands of other videos showing you how to do it anyway so focusing on this one guy because he’s a bigger youtuber honestly isn’t that fair. Also how come support tickets sometimes are NEVER answered or take months and don’t really make a change while they managed to ban him in about 4 hours after his videos release? Oh and the whole “ignoring the 5000 people wanting solo/duo servers and deleting all conquest servers and people’s work on it for a cluster that’s going to be controlled by one ally” thing isn’t that cool either chief.

1 hour ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

I struggle to understand the logic, the devs team refuse to  acknowledge the damage being done by meshing. And when some one who cares about the game try to bring attention to it your answer is to ban them? We the community would like to know 

all your questions will be answered in the dev diary posted back in October. WC is well aware of these issues and they even said meshing is impossible to fix entirely.

4 minutes ago, max7206 said:

i mean they are able to bann him while he never meshed on official and theyre not able to bann the ppl that do? everyone already knew hot to mesh anyway lol

I don't know how to mesh. Don't want to know either, but I presume if I watched his video I would then know how to mesh. 

Ban hammer is swift and true imo. 

6 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

I don't know how to mesh. Don't want to know either, but I presume if I watched his video I would then know how to mesh. 

Ban hammer is swift and true imo. 

Pretty much, I just watched the video. Its basically a guide to meshing for dummies. I mean everyone knows how bad meshing is on official, it really didnt need a video on how to mesh to expose meshing, it seems like a silly video to release and was begging for a banning despite any good intentions.

I do love a good B1tch1n topic to read over my lunchbreak.

Firstly, I do not know the player in which is concerned. 

Secondly, I am not watching any video son this.

Thirdly, I do not play a lot of PvP on ARK anyway.

But lets get to the point. From what I am hearing and seeing, there is an exploit that people have known about for a while. Its clearly stated by WC (and especially recently) that any glitching, meshing using exploits in the game is NOT ALLOWED and will be punished. 

That is absolutely fine... your car can do more than the national speed limit - the car manufacturer are not going to 'fix' that. Just like WC will not fix this. However, they have made a rule and people should not break that rule, just like you shouldn't drive above your national speed limit - even though you can. If you do drive over the limit and get caught - you will be banned, fined and sometimes go to jail.

Why do players feel that they shouldn't get banned in this instance?

The video may not be on Official servers however, it is showing others how to do break the rules. its not a case of saying here, this is broken. WC know its broken. The gamer is purely showing others how to exploit and advertising to others, not to WC.

The fan bois need to grow up. It is arguable whether the gamer should be banned as its not on Official and therefore wouldn't have been caught had he not video'd it. Similar to a case where motorcyclists/drivers cam themselves doing double the speed limit. When these videos are found, they can still get banned.

Anyway, this topic should be closed, it wont change the ban put in place - only the gamer can make his opinion heard by discussing with WC... perhaps rather than videoing it, they could put some suggestions on how to fix the issue.

11 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah your not missing anything. I'll save you 11 minutes. Dont bother, it was cringy as... I made it 4 mins in before cringing out.

Snap, it was cringetastic. He was going on like he was some Ark Godfather that had the power to topple a small dev team of 20 odd people. Hope he gets a steam ban just for s**ts and giggles. 

4 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

Snap, it was cringetastic. He was going on like he was some Ark Godfather that had the power to topple a small dev team of 20 odd people. Hope he gets a steam ban just for s**ts and giggles. 

He was going for the David Attenborough esque nature documentary. It was soo cringy... David Attenborough, my idol, the man, the myth, the absolute legend.

Archived