Community Crunch 174: Introducing... Classic PvP!

Jen

It sounds good but I foresee this being another flavor of the month map mode.  

• small tribes has a 24? hour timer before you can recruit someone else.     conquest every big tribe had log out rooms and no penalty so they could fill slots and maintain mega tribes.   There needs to be that small tribes penalty.
  • no cliff platforms.   Thats the one Item I would include to open up building in different locations.
  • caves need to be blocked from being built inside, or increase the damage in caves even more.
  • disable 'Note Runs" I was lvl 70 twice in a matter of minutes on ARKpocalypse last night. Force people to work the early levels.
  • ban streamers using .ini on twitch

and rhinos will be the ground meta, especially if weapon damage is reduced.

I hope officials to open up more primitive servers, like primitivepvpofficialserver455. I have play  primitive servers 42 for 1000 hours. I like this model very much. But only two of the servers are left. So not many people continue to play the server. But if  reopened primitive servers, I believe a lot of people will come back and start again. Hope to adopt!Thanks!

So you are destroying countless hours of gameplay to add something that is a fraction of your game and I would argue a complete waste of time. One tribe rules 4 servers where no one can build up because they have god rexes compared to everyone else. Amazing decision (insert sarcasm here).

S1TbyVn.png

95.5hrs on Conquest in the last 2 weeks. i have almost increased my time played by 10% through that... maybe if you made it easier for people to find tribes and people to play with your game would be more successful. Oh and meshing... let's not even get started on that.

Edited by Dosan

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Jen said:

Tek dinos (Tek Parasaur, Tek Quetzal, Tek Rex, Tek Raptor, Tek Stego), Giga, Paracer, Quetzal, Tapejara, and the Titanosaur are not available on Classic PvP

Are they available in the wild but not tameable? Asking mainly because if there is no Gigas in the wild, then the tribute for the Dragon will need to be adjusted accordingly.

im really disappointed that more new content is being launched despite all the bugs and server issues in the current game...cant you guys fix all the current issues in the game and get a more stable game running then just adding more content into the game...this is one of my favourite games been playing it for 2years now and im about done with this game.

"our existing Conquest servers will be repurposed for isolated Classic PvP clusters"

Is that an April's fool joke?

I have bought the game to play conquest pushed time in it and I do enjoiy it a lot as it is even with it's flows. 
I'm not in to losing my job and social life on a *1 20$ game version of my 60$ game.
I could go small tribes if you push this braindead idea, to get meshed 3 times a week, excited...

Player base: This game can't get any worse
Ark devs: Hold my beer...

25 minutes ago, Shounhi said:

"our existing Conquest servers will be repurposed for isolated Classic PvP clusters"

Is that an April's fool joke?

I have bought the game to play conquest pushed time in it and I do enjoiy it a lot as it is even with it's flows. 
I'm not in to losing my job and social life on a *1 20$ game version of my 60$ game.
I could go small tribes if you push this braindead idea, to get meshed 3 times a week, excited...

Player base: This game can't get any worse
Ark devs: Hold my beer...

Ark devs: Hold my beer... introducing the tek dodo!

This can only be a joke. I mean WC and especially Snail Games have made some truly bad decisions for the ARK community, but this would top it all. You kill a huge (and still active) community on 6 days notice to introduce a new system, that has not been tested, is based on wishful thinking about the PvP from the 'good old days', and with isolated 4 server clusters? WHAT? Judging from how official PVP servers develope in ARK, what do you think will happen with an isolated 4 server cluster? A megatribe faction (or set of allied tribes) will claim 1-2 servers (maybe all at once, with a 25 man tribe on each lol), establish themselves within a week, wipe everybody else off the cluster in no time and essentially lock the cluster down for good. Four servers are EASY to control, especially if no one else can attack from the outside. As always with new servers, the PvP in the beginning will be epic, and this is when people will start praising the new system, that its the most fun they had in a while etc etc. The thing is, on isolated 4 server clusteres, that fun will NOT last long, and despite a small fraction of the players who will end up controlling the clusters, most players will be wiped off for good VERY soon (i expect within 1-2 weeks MAX). And what then? Start over on another cluster where you are already behind and which is already controlled? Go regular official and not be able to do anything, just waiting to be eradicated by an existing mega or gobbled up by them? Small tribes and give up on playing with 19 of the 25 players you started out with? It sounds like quite a bit of QQ, but I'm sure it's justified at this point.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tjnettie19 said:

Fix the island servers there is more lag then usual and getting kicked all the time 

5 hours ago, reznoc said:

So you've invested 4-5 months into breeding and building lines into conquest.

Then you get a 1 week head's up that all the content you've been working on is going poof?

5 hours ago, Smug said:

I can't believe you guys are just deleting conquest servers, that is so messed up

5 hours ago, thelight said:

I hope this is a extremely stupid april fools joke.

No vote, no consideration of the conquest community. just a massive raptor you to everyone

5 hours ago, DemonicAngel said:

Community: We want duo servers as a new game mode

WIldcard: Its on our radar

Wildcard: Lets get rid of conquest for no reason and have a cluster that is the same without aberration or extinction. Not to mention giga, tape, quetz, paracer and titanosaur, dinos from those "great wars" aren't allowed.  Community will love it

Community: (disappointment)Why  are you removing conquest servers? 

Nah but real talk, lets give it up for the gamemode nobody asked for. Rip Conquest, sorry to all who played it and put time  into lines, honestly they should've just disabled alliances on conquest and that' s it.  

The past is the past, just fix the current game and PvP will improve massively. 

• Facepalm 1

Just keep server transfers open on all cluster guys. If you cant do that, at least have transfers to 4 clusters. Transfers really does make the game fun and gives players opportunities to get resources if one place is blocked off.  I can see 4 tribes ruling everyone else and staying on top and there will be no hope for anyone else.

Classic PVP means you give us back :

Flyer speed

C4/Geni/Turrets on flyers

No turret cap

Edited by ikhatri82
Added more!

If you have a base on one of the servers that is being decomissioned, what is the logistics of moving off of it? It says one time transfer so am i able to upload our 300-400 dinos and 15-20 vaults worth of items at once and have us all transfer off and download at a new server? Or is there limits on what you can take?

First time doing this and I want to make sure I know what I am dealing with, I do not want to lose almost a year of play time.

21 minutes ago, Kroxx said:

If you have a base on one of the servers that is being decomissioned, what is the logistics of moving off of it? It says one time transfer so am i able to upload our 300-400 dinos and 15-20 vaults worth of items at once and have us all transfer off and download at a new server? Or is there limits on what you can take?

First time doing this and I want to make sure I know what I am dealing with, I do not want to lose almost a year of play time.

According to that well made post....nop hard wipe and fresh start.
Have fun with the new 20$ game you bought for 60$