How can you tell what the temp is in ark mobile.

Geckoman1234

16 hours ago, Geckoman1234 said:

I need some help peeps. I can't tell the temp on ark mobile so I'm having a really hard time breeding so any tips would be welcome

On the information screen showing your survivor's stats.  The box above the stats has the temperature.  For the easiest way to keep eggs from losing health, create an incubator.  Best and easiest is a completely enclosed metal room 3x3 or 4x4 with 10 ac units and a dimetredon.  You will not have any loses with this set up.  You can probably have less ac units, but I have had giga eggs lose health with 7 ac units before.  A dimetredon is worth about 3-4 ac units in my experience, and I have read that their damage stat is what determines how effective they are.  I have also read that ac units affect 2 tiles to the sides and up and down, so you can place them elevated to get more room to move around in.  When you place the egg it will seek the best spot within a couple of tiles to rest.  Coldest temperatures are usually from midnight to 3 AM, so make sure to be watching egg during that time if you are not sure.

17 hours ago, Geckoman1234 said:

Thanks bro!!!!

What level do you get the AC engram?

Tame a dimetrodon or two.  They have extremely high torpor level and fast regeneration of torpor, so you have to use tranquilizer darts and fire as fast as you can.  Depending on your server difficulty.  For a hard server I would take 100 darts with an ascendant longneck rifle and 200 narcotics.  You cannot starve tame this one.  For level 300, need 3 quetzal egg kibble with soothing balm.  

5 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

Tame a dimetrodon or two.  They have extremely high torpor level and fast regeneration of torpor, so you have to use tranquilizer darts and fire as fast as you can.  Depending on your server difficulty.  For a hard server I would take 100 darts with an ascendant longneck rifle and 200 narcotics.  You cannot starve tame this one.  For level 300, need 3 quetzal egg kibble with soothing balm.  

I think it would be more convenient to just get an air conditioning unit. Dimetrodons were always picky to me—although I’d assume being a mobile player makes it easier. They’re a hassle to tame, with the kibble and the narcotics and all of that (although Soothing Balms and whatnot are life savers). I personally find it easier to make air conditioners instead.

8 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

In my opinion, dimetrodons are practically useless. Air conditioning units are cheaper and easier to use. Dimetrodons are found in the swamp, so they are hard to get. They also have a lot of torpor and it drops quickly. Not worth it.

I was only mentioning it because he said he could not make ac units and was having problems hatching eggs.  I do live next to swamp and see them all the time.  Plus I like difficult tames.  Probably one of the funnest things to do on ARK for me.  I have the dimetrodon in an ac room and it is neat how the egg always rests right next to the dimetrodon.

6 minutes ago, docredduke10 said:

I was only mentioning it because he said he could not make ac units and was having problems hatching eggs.  I do live next to swamp and see them all the time.  Plus I like difficult tames.  Probably one of the funnest things to do on ARK for me.  I have the dimetrodon in an ac room and it is neat how the egg always rests right next to the dimetrodon.

You do make a point there. Difficult tames do make Ark fun. And eggs do look pretty snazzy next to a dimetrodon (unless you’re breeding gigas. Then the egg crushes the poor thing).

3 hours ago, Bush84 said:

I have used dimetrodons for giga hatching as well. Now I just load up ac and fires. I thought I read that penguins also allow for an insulation bonus. Is that true?  If it is then that’d be easier to get assuming you have an argy. 

Penguins, Dimetrodons, Bears, Otters...they all insulate, I think.

Archived