Gatespx

Extinction ingrams on ragnorak PS4

New to ark,  just want to know if i purchase and install extinction, can i unlock the ingrams from a ragnorak server.  Because as it stands the extinction ingrams are blacked out and says "only available on extinction"   Does this mean by installing the game or do i need to transfer to an extinction server unlock and then go back to ragnorak?  Dont quite get the mechanics.

15 hours ago, Gatespx said:

New to ark,  just want to know if i purchase and install extinction, can i unlock the ingrams from a ragnorak server.  Because as it stands the extinction ingrams are blacked out and says "only available on extinction"   Does this mean by installing the game or do i need to transfer to an extinction server unlock and then go back to ragnorak?  Dont quite get the mechanics.

You have to transfer to extinction to learn the engrams. If you do I recommend you to spawn at city (middle of map) where u will have easy access to city terminals to go back to ragnarok as the extinction obelisks dont have terminals and there are no air drops.

I wanted to add an important note here as well; if you use a Mindwipe Tonic, you WILL forget any Extinction engrams you learned. That means you'll have to transfer to Extinction, re-learn the engrams, then return to Ragnarok again. Just be wary of this for situations where you need to reset your stats/engrams.

2 hours ago, ABYAY said:

I wanted to add an important note here as well; if you use a Mindwipe Tonic, you WILL forget any Extinction engrams you learned. That means you'll have to transfer to Extinction, re-learn the engrams, then return to Ragnarok again. Just be wary of this for situations where you need to reset your stats/engrams.

To add to this quote: the only Engram that are spared from this are Boss Tekgrams. Every other Engram, even those from other DLC, will be wiped if Mindwipe Tonic is used.