help Dedicated server does not appear in the listing

I'm renting a server in the Nitrado company that is your official partner.

My server works normally and I can usually connect to it, BUT my server is NOT being listed within the game or via direct listing on the Steam client.

Here's the data from my server:

Name: LG ISLAND PVP ALL DLC 5x WIPED 16/03
Address: 109.230.243.212:36000
Query Port: 36001
Steam Direct Connect: steam://connect/109.230.243.212: 36001
Map: TheIsland

I already got in touch with the Nitrado and they say that all is right with the server configurations and connections to make it possible to Steam list.

I also got in touch with Steam and they say there is NO support for this kind of request.

Some external sites like BattleMetrics (https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/3385937) can list the servers normally but Steam can not.

Since Nitrado and Steam can not help me, all I have left is for Wildcard to do something to try to fix or clarify this problem.

FAQ

Q: Is the server in the latest version?
A: Yes

Q: Can you connect to the server by adding favorites?
A: Yes

Q: Have you already sent a support ticket?
A: Yes, I already sent it to Nitrado, Steam and Wildcard.

=======================================

Wildcard Customer Support Answer:

2019-03-26 22:58
Hello Survivor,

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support.

Information on private dedicated servers can be found here. Customer Support offers only a very limited amount of support in regards to these. We hope you find this link useful.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/39-server-administration/

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

GM Albireo

You have to manually add it to the steam server list, there is a tutorial on nitrado for that.

To see the server in game, create a character, then switch the search tools to your server setting and check the box in the lower right corner to hide full servers and filter for servers with your survivors. Then it should be listed and you can mark it as favorite. Worked without any problems for me.

The server search doesn't list all available servers, so making it a favorite or using the connect link / listing it in steam are the best options.

On 3/26/2019 at 8:51 AM, droggelbecher said:

You have to manually add it to the steam server list, there is a tutorial on nitrado for that.

To see the server in game, create a character, then switch the search tools to your server setting and check the box in the lower right corner to hide full servers and filter for servers with your survivors. Then it should be listed and you can mark it as favorite. Worked without any problems for me.

The server search doesn't list all available servers, so making it a favorite or using the connect link / listing it in steam are the best options.

Dude you sure did not read my post through. I've pointed out several times that I CAN connect to my server, however it does not appear in the listing for other players without having to Favorite them manually.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:25 PM, LeGustaVinho said:

Dude you sure did not read my post through. I've pointed out several times that I CAN connect to my server, however it does not appear in the listing for other players without having to Favorite them manually.

Sorry, in your second line of your post, you just generally stated, that it's not listed. 

Same for all friends, my girlfriend also didn't see the server before having connected to it once, so I sent her the link to directly connect, and after that, it was visible for her everywhere. Maybe a bug, maybe a general problem with the serverlistings but what I said applies to it nevertheless.

Archived