Skyfall

Kharneth

No, not Bond. Yesterday when I rejoined my survivor I found myself falling from the sky and subsequently dying and thinking "man, I'm glad I quit Hardcore." I discovered that the location of my body was directly above my bed so it's clear to me that I somehow was transported very high into the air between logging off and logging on.

Is this normal? Is it avoidable? 

4 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

No, not Bond. Yesterday when I rejoined my survivor I found myself falling from the sky and subsequently dying and thinking "man, I'm glad I quit Hardcore." I discovered that the location of my body was directly above my bed so it's clear to me that I someone was transported very high into the air between logging off and logging on.

Is this normal? Is it avoidable? 

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of days ago. 

2 minutes ago, Novawiz00 said:

This started happening to me on aberration. What helped me was that I started laying in a bed when I logged off. 

I had to stop logging off sleeping in beds a while ago. They constantly cause my char to glitch out in the beds. I would be moving around but unable to interact with anything other than the bed and on other peoples screens I would appear to still be in bed. Fast travel back and forth to fix it, but then sometimes the bag drops in a spot under the bed where I couldnt reach it. Ended up having to demolish the bunk bed I was on twice. After that I just stopped using beds.

40 minutes ago, AcyanidePancake said:

when you rag doll in ark (after logging off) there is a chance that you glitch into a wall or roof (not the structure but the terrain) if your building in a cave or under an over-hang if this happens it will teleport you above the ground as to get you unstuck

Thanks, that's quite helpful.

This was immediately following a patch, but it was also located in a 2x1x1 thatch hut in the middle of some bushes. I probably got stuck in the wall or ceiling when I logged off. I was crunched for time and wanted to establish myself before logging off so I built the tiniest base....

... oh god, I went to bed there last night....

1 hour ago, Kharneth said:

Thanks, that's quite helpful.

This was immediately following a patch, but it was also located in a 2x1x1 thatch hut in the middle of some bushes. I probably got stuck in the wall or ceiling when I logged off. I was crunched for time and wanted to establish myself before logging off so I built the tiniest base....

... oh god, I went to bed there last night....

oof that's a hard rip lol but yes anytime you build in a small space the most prominent being cracks, crevices and places that weren't meant by the devs to be of building usage (i.e the big cliffs at the far left side of the center map, it wasn't meant to be built on so they didn't fine tun the mesh but after aberration added cliff platforms people built there anyways and got stuck) its also common under water because you technically (based off of official setting because that's how the game was originally designed) couldn't build underwater because there was no way to have enough oxygen to get down there and get back up. after tek was added it still never got fixed so if you build in small crack crevasse or anywhere with excess mesh you might just find yourself in the sky or in the floor (and in the case of the latter you may not be recoverable unless you die by starvation) 

6 hours ago, Piffguru said:

I had to stop logging off sleeping in beds a while ago. They constantly cause my char to glitch out in the beds. I would be moving around but unable to interact with anything other than the bed and on other peoples screens I would appear to still be in bed. Fast travel back and forth to fix it, but then sometimes the bag drops in a spot under the bed where I couldnt reach it. Ended up having to demolish the bunk bed I was on twice. After that I just stopped using beds.

I have this happen too. I leave a Dino near my bed (like a dodo or otter) because for some reason it would let me put my stuff in its inventory then I would fast travel between beds. I actually started putting two beds side by side. 

30 minutes ago, Novawiz00 said:

I have this happen too. I leave a Dino near my bed (like a dodo or otter) because for some reason it would let me put my stuff in its inventory then I would fast travel between beds. I actually started putting two beds side by side. 

Same here. Mainly happens to me on Extinction for some reason. I have two bunk beds in the same building so i can fast travel between them when needed. 

Archived