How do I come back?

Jtmorris

So since Extinction released it was so broken on Xbox. Crashing every session, horrible graphics issues - and zero recognition from WC.  My wife and I decided to take a break until they patched those issues. So we tried out Sea of Thieves and ended up really loving it. 

Because I haven't loaded up Ark for months, I booted it up to see if they fixed the graphics, and I was struck at just how bad this game looks. It's so awkward and rigid too. I recently went from a 37 inch TV to a 60 inch and STILL can't read the tiny font in the menu. 

We have loved Ark, but have been spoiled by beautiful graphics and smooth game play. How do we come back? Have any of you stopped playing for a while and come back to Ark? If so, what were you playing and was it difficult to get back into it? 

I dont have this problem as I play on PC so graphics are still looking crisp for me, Being on pc one gets much more control over the graphics settings and things like UI text size etc so I dont encounter this problem :/. I can make ark look like a potato world or look like work of art. This is one of the main reasons I stopped playing many games on console and opted to just get a good PC rig, sucks being hard set at a specific level of graphic or performance settings when a game has so much potential to be pushed beyond that :/. 

I infact had the opposite situation to you recently as I got a new graphics card recently, and so after being so used to ark looking a certain way now it looks like a whole new world and has kind of blown my mind tbh. Almost like playin ARK2 lol.

Archived