So I play on the Xbox and I usually just get on a local non-dedicated server with my friends. However, every time I’m on I always get dragged off cliffs or I’m trying to tame a Dino and the host is wandering. I understand the reason the tether distance is in place but there should still be an adjustable slider so we can keep our ping and tether distance regulated. 

Also, I thought I would mention that in this server we have if you barely hit a rock or do a tiny fall you take so much damage. We have over 1000HP and it’s just ubsrurd dying from the smallest falls. Anyone have suggestions?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DaveTheDodo said:

So I play on the Xbox and I usually just get on a local non-dedicated server with my friends. However, every time I’m on I always get dragged off cliffs or I’m trying to tame a Dino and the host is wandering. I understand the reason the tether distance is in place but there should still be an adjustable slider so we can keep our ping and tether distance regulated. 

Also, I thought I would mention that in this server we have if you barely hit a rock or do a tiny fall you take so much damage. We have over 1000HP and it’s just ubsrurd dying from the smallest falls. Anyone have suggestions?

1. The Xbox can barely handle one area loaded, it would die if it had to do two.

2. You need to research how the sliders work. You cranked player damage, resistance and HP when they need to go the other way. ( Player resistance for example: 1 is default. 2 is 2x MORE you take. So reduce to 0.5 and you take 2x less.) Watch a video explaining the settings, theyre not all the same. Some are game breaking when tampered with wrongly as you have found out ;) 

Edited by d1nk

Posted (edited)

can you guys please make it so on playstation the tether disdence can be longer me and my friends try to play on non dedicated but we cant beacouse one of us wants to do somthing thats far from what the others are doing and plastation is a fast console i have played on severs that have like a 200 ping and im fine so it wont lag. can pls make tether disdence longer

Edited by mkb121
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, mkb121 said:

can you guys please make it so on playstation the tether disdence can be longer me and my friends try to play on non dedicated but we cant beacouse one of us wants to do somthing thats far from what the others are doing and plastation is a fast console i have played on severs that have like a 200 ping and im fine so it wont lag. can pls make tether disdence longer

The tether distance has already been increased; to what it has been for the past 3 years. The Xbox One X is the currently best performing console and even that couldn’t increase the tether range.

1 hour ago, mkb121 said:

Yeah. No.

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 1:47 AM, Phenyxx said:

This is all so people buy dedicated servers, you do know...

Take your tinfoil hat off. Please explain to me how Wildcard benefit from you having a second Xbox? Game sharing negates the need to buy a second copy so profit is out the window. Also, this is a non issue on PC but at least they can comprehend the reason for its existence.

Nitrado servers were only introduced in late 2017 but the game was released 2 years prior to that in late 2015. Seems a rather long con to wait so long even when they weren’t even sure renting was possible.

Edited by SaltyMonkey