server wipes (PvP)

LaugherOutLoud

i dont think this should be a regular thing which having a 2nd official wipe may indicate but i think its overdue given everything that has happenned.
key tames such as pteranodons are far harder to get then before with the new kibble system which whilst not huge puts a big divide between beach bobs and alphas / established tribes. Furthermore important and high tier tames such as the Yuty and rock elemental are light years harder to tame then they were before which doesnt effect established tribes who already have heaps of rock eles and yuty lines. you literally need to get 70 wyvern eggs or 39 for a rock ele or yuty respectively. also under meshing and mega tribes have completely ruined PvP and the official community is completely divided over small tribes and official.

Even more is the poor management of the extinction release (great dlc by the way - not being sarcastic) which left heaps of tribes wiped for no reason and tames such as the mana and titans completely unlbalanced. imo keep titans on extinction. nerf manas and remove flyers and not abberant dinos from abberation.

i personally think adding in a kill floor on most maps / areas of maps. Adding a 20 player limit to tribes (lets be honest you dont need to play with 100 other people) and making the IPs of servers private would be a great point to start with an official server wipe (pvp servers only). start fresh and properly with out mega tribes slot capping servers. people building in caves to avoid titans. people picking base spots base on meshability and DDOSing ruining PvP encounters.

can we just have a fun official again.

Arkpocalypse servers are the answer to your woes my friend. They are official in every way except they are on a separate cluster and so players can only transfer between Arkpocalypse server maps, none of that "I have been farming this mana for 3 years, let me go wipe everyone on a server for fun" And all Arkpocalypse servers wipe around the same time, they wipe every 30 days, think the next one is actually coming up this sunday so It's a good time to check them out. Everyone starts fresh after a wipe, dinos, players, bases all of it, wiped clean. It is really nice seeing the map so untouched on the first day of the wipe and then having low level PVP battles as everyone gets setup.

I started playing Arkpocalypse servers about 2 wipes ago and me and my buddy havent looked back. Definitely highly recommend them.

EDIT: and the population on the servers is usually pretty high, especially in the first 2 weeks after a wipe, its common to see them sitting at 70/70 players online during peak times.

Arkpocalypse needs more love. Remove Extinction from Arkpocalypse cluster, titans destroy megatribe bases and Manas shred level 400+ dinos. The low level dinos and bases on Arkpocalypse stand no chance against Extinction content.

Also I think a bigger Arkpocalypse with 3-6 month wipe rate would be cool. It would be the perfect official experience imho.

53 minutes ago, covenantgrunt said:

Arkpocalypse needs more love. Remove Extinction from Arkpocalypse cluster, titans destroy megatribe bases and Manas shred level 400+ dinos. The low level dinos and bases on Arkpocalypse stand no chance against Extinction content.

Also I think a bigger Arkpocalypse with 3-6 month wipe rate would be cool. It would be the perfect official experience imho.

I also think having some with a logner wipe counter would be cool. Although I still have been enjoying the 30 day wipe cycle. I dont get a lot of time to play Ark and having a monthly wipe lets me not invest too much of myself into my time on ark.

4 hours ago, Tuhakiro said:

If you want wipes, go to unnoficial servers. And enjoy wiping every day/second.
Don't touch official server clusters.

Im not play on unnoficial because this servers wiping every day. And i can't breed dinos.

Ark have 3 community, Official PVP, Official PVE and Unofficial others.
if you can't survive on 1nd, go to 2nd or 3nd.

I don't wipe on my cluster. Although my cluster is PvPvE.

Archived