ARK Server Manager

RoseLily

I feel like a complete idiot for having to ask this but I literally haven’t been able to find the answer to this anywhere: is ASM only for hosting servers for PC? I have a PC version of ARK but my friends and I play only on PS4. We used to play on an unofficial server, and we did for a very long time but about a few weeks ago the server just stopped existing and none of us know who admins it. I’m desperately looking for a way to host my own unofficial server but I can’t afford to pay the monthly fee for a hosting service. I have a spare windows computer that no one uses that I can run ASM on but if it’s only for PC then it won’t be worth my time. If it can be configured for PS4 can someone please walk me through that? And if not, is there another service that I can use that will do what I’m looking for (without a monthly fee)? 

It's only for PC. If you could host a PS4 server on your PC, that'd magically require cross-platform play. Obviously there's a build for this since PS4 game servers aren't run on actual PS4s behind-the-scenes, but only fancy companies who sign NDAs are going to be given access to the required software.

Basically, no, there's no way to do what you're after for free. You have to pay a monthly fee if you want to control your own server for PS4 players.

Archived