PVP Base Location: Land, Ocean, or cave?

P8triot04

Hello Readers,

Curious question, it's known that 6x damage is taken in caves and underwater. However, is it reasonable to think, that if someone is reaching your walls and turrets anyways that 6x damage will make that large of a difference?  That and usually having an option with caves, being able to funnel your attackers to enter through one entryway. Please, tell me your opinions of the pros and cons of the three locations.

15 hours ago, P8triot04 said:

Hello Readers,

Curious question, it's known that 6x damage is taken in caves and underwater. However, is it reasonable to think, that if someone is reaching your walls and turrets anyways that 6x damage will make that large of a difference?  That and usually having an option with caves, being able to funnel your attackers to enter through one entryway. Please, tell me your opinions of the pros and cons of the three locations.

I would suggest in the ocean lots of hiding places raiding underwater is ...pain in the butt not impossible but still a pain 

Are there locations underwater where you can make a base and still breathe?

I'm very new and am looking for ways to survive griefing. 

My idea was to make an intricate labyrinth with secret rooms and empty caches in the hopes that raiders would be turned off by the tediousness of trying to find my loot. Unsure if there are end-game reasons why this wouldn't work because it seems no one does it. 

I've heard of people hiding, but what about misdirection or simply hidden in plain sight? 

18 hours ago, P8triot04 said:

it's known that 6x damage is taken in caves and underwater

Since when do structures take 6x damage underwater?

I would never build underwater, its a pain to live there and the vacuum compartments from the tek tier are hard to get and hard to maintain for smaller tribes. (There are underwater bubbles with air on the center map @Kharneth). Underwater the enemy can move around all sides of your base without using squshy fliers. They can use platform saddled mosas or with squids or the tanky dunkleosteus and also land dinos, to drain any side of your base. Arthroplueras can even breathe underwater.

The only advantage is that the enemy cant rocket run your turrets. But you cant even respawn in your base if you die and some crafting stations dont work underwater as well. Its really not good to live underwater, for pvp reasons and for qol reasons. Even with the tek poop i wouldnt do it. A little hidden storage might work out well tho. 

Archived