game wipe?

WG Mavo

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Medusa said:

This is what I read as well.

I am assuming, that they will open new servers on release date, to accommodate the influx of new players.

I sure hope so ;_; The only thing keeping me from investing thousands of hours into one character right now is the high chance that there'll be a wipe on release.

On 14/12/2015 at 6:32 PM, WG Mavo said:

Hello,

i have a question, are there any plans for server wipes any soon? I understand that there are some points in development where you wanna wipe servers to be clean, also will there be some way to store character for example? and if not on pvp server at least on eve servers?

Thx for the info,

Mavo

This is the last official quote from the Steam forums on wipes:

Just a heads-up: there isn't a general Official Server wipe, and there won't be a wipe unless we think it's absolutely critically necessary. The only wipe is on these temporary new "Extinction Event" Servers for this Weekend, since we wanted to put more Officials for new trial players to try the game out. It also lets us test an eventual process for how we could handle a wipe in-game

;)

All the best,
Drake

17 hours ago, Tsundere Dragon said:

I sure hope so ;_; The only thing keeping me from investing thousands of hours into one character right now is the high chance that there'll be a wipe on release.

It is not a "High" chance.

1 hour ago, Carnage said:

This is the last official quote from the Steam forums on wipes:

Source for people concerned:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/520518053434884023/#c520518053434967929

1 hour ago, chaosguy67 said:

Its very unfair for many players...  i finally connected to my server after trying for 3 days and i come to my wooden base completely destroyed because some players are actually able to progress on the server while others like me cant even connect to level.up or defend my base...

I feel you. I got raided last night. And couldn't defend myself because not only was I not there but the server wouldn't even let me join. I felt like if I was able to join the server yesterday as I intended to the raid would have been prevented but stuff happens. Next time your lobby could be full and might get raided again, its part of the game. 

Archived