Problems with this game!

Swedje

Hello all.

I want to address some things/problems i come across and hear the opinion of other people.

Lets start with the support.

I unpodded 5 rexes now where i throw the pod you hear the sound nothing comes out rex is gone. I report it i get 0 response, just a automated message.

The dinos on scorched earth are still asking for the old imprint kibble. I report this. Same problem automated message no follow up.

My tribe mate on extinction. She has 2 cryo pods in her inventory. a wyvern and a giga. She unpods the wyvern, and both pods get deleted bye bye 100% imprinted giga.

Im on a mana on scorched earth, all of a sudden i am dead mana is just gone so is my char and everything in the inventory. bye bye event colored mana.

Yesterday my tribe mate was unpodding dino's no count down timer in the right corner of the screen. Tho each dino she unpods comes out unconscious with cryo sickness.

The incompatibility of ark with nvidia drivers, that in many cases cause crashes or just cause ark to freeze and you can only close it with task manager. (Tho kind please dont tell me its because something is wrong with the hardware, i am a computer technician and ruled out any hardware issues.)

Lag spikes over 30 to 50 seconds causing me to lose a lot of tames cause i just teleport back and end up in the lava.

Wyverns that just land in mid air cause of lag and if you are unlucky and you dont respond fast enough you could actually lose your tame like that. (Has not happend to me yet. but i had close calls)

The fact that on a regular base when you do bosses you just dont get ported to the arena and your tames do. or when you defeat the boss you dont get ported back. ( and yes im not on a dinos. not touching any dino during porting. i know the rules)

The leash that just bugs/stops working every server restart and dinos walk out of it. Even tho the lock icon still appears. You have to pick up the leash and place it again.

The amount of people who are parking at the obelisk, you report them and if your lucky in 3 or 4 days they respond to it. (If you have a job, and you want to do a boss  in the weekend that kind of screws you) And yes you can go to a other obelisk. But in this case i am talking about the situation that often occurs that all 3 obi's are blocked. 

(maybe a msg when people are parking at the obi that you should not park there and in a set amount of time your dino will be deleted. would help with people who are not aware that you should not park there. To my amazement  a lot of people.)

Players inventory, If your inventory is full with the maximum amount of stacks. it doesnt show the black stack full weight icon. you cant take anymore out of a closet.

But when you are full "maximum amount of stacks in player inventory"  and taking it out of a dino it will allow you to transfer it out of the dino's inventory even tough you are at the maximum amount of stacks, but the items will "disappear". When you put all your items back again in to a closet or dino. The items that vanished/disappeared will reappear.  Meaning you can put way more stacks in to a player inventory than you should be able to.

Character loss. How is it possible that when you lose you character that they cant create a character with your old id number so your imprints are still working.

Cloning characters I see that a lot of people report that they cant travel for some reason. i had the same issue. i found out that during travel i some how cloned my char and that the clone was floating in the server cluster. after a few hours i connected to a random server and it asked me to download my char and hey. i was ale to travel again.

Respond to people that have this issues make them aware how to fix the fact that they cant travel anymore.

And this brings me back to the imprint part. How is it possible that when a person loses there char. Needs to create a new character and the GM's are leveling it back to the level you where when you lost your char. but they cant restore the imprint. Cause when my main char was "cloned" the clone got the same imprint bonus as the original char from the dino's.

Response time on people who lose they character is. They should be given first priority. I heard to many story's of people losing there base/dino's because of the late response of support.

SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT

I think the biggest issue i have with this game is support.

If a problem is being reported take it serious. Respond within 24/48 hours. Let your community know you are taking it serious.

Nobody is expecting a perfect game, and i thing the community is pretty forgiving in general of any faults with this game.

But we the community are the people who made it possible for the developers to go on with this game, and therefore i think we deserve something in return for that.

And in my opinion that is decent support with problems.

If there is a problem that people are reporting, acknowledge it. no reasonable person is expecting a fix in 3 seconds. But make the community aware that you are aware of the problem and looking for a solution. Cause i have to be honest the silence from the devs and not acknowledging problems that are being reported. Its making me want to quit the game. And i think that is a shame. cause most of us can agree that the basic concept of this game is pretty good. Otherwise i don't think we would be playing it still.

For the devs, Only reason i am still playing this game is because of my gf and i like playing this game with her.  If it wasn't for her i would have stopped a long time again. Main reason being your really really really bad support. I hope you take this post to hart and do something with it. 

As for people responding to this. i don't need ragers responding or salty monkey trying to get an other most liked post on a topic :P

Please be constructive and just let me know what you think about the state of the game, and the things i vented in this topic.

And yes my english is not perfect i know. :)

Archived